Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
This vehicle will be made 100% south of the border. It might be the right size for the people in Mexico but most Gringos- they will not be able to fit into it unless they were midgets. I still have trouble getting in my Ranger XL being at 6'4".
Disclaimer: No offense intended for Mexican automotive labor workers.
Wow - you managed to disparage two groups in one shot. Not cool.
Sponsored

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
This vehicle will be made 100% south of the border. It might be the right size for the people in Mexico but most Gringos- they will not be able to fit into it unless they were midgets. I still have trouble getting in my Ranger XL being at 6'4".
Disclaimer: No offense intended for Mexican automotive labor workers.
I’m a midget ...

db_tanker

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger / 2018 Honda Civic EX 5 door
Occupation
Process Professional
Trying to get back on topic here...

the bed sides are rather like the old Honda Ridgeline. Is this going to be an aluminum body panel truck like ours or some plastics as well?

I think they would be money ahead to use the 4 WD system in the Bronco Sport here.

Reactions: Doc

DIYAndy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford 2019 Ranger XL
Occupation
Content Provider For SPAM
Vehicle Showcase
ahhh, the good ol, just joking defence.

https://www.insidehighered.com/blogs/mama-phd/just-joking-defense

" What bothers me most about adults using the just joking defense, however, is that someone is trying to not only escape blame, but reassign it. Instead of listeners reprimanding a speaker who says something cruel, insensitive, or wrong, they are told they are being overly sensitive for taking offensive. The just joking defense also ignores the power construct within it. Oftentimes, the punch line of an offensive statement attacks a group with less power within society. Finally, the just joking defense cuts off conversation and dialogue, something we need more of in our culture. Instead of being able to engage in a conversation about why joking about police brutality is offensive, the conversation is immediately cut off. "
This sermon by Ranger Pride is truly amazing. He should change his user name to
Preacher Ranger Pride. :facepalm:
BTW To make this sermon better add "fire and brimstone"

Last edited:

peterson1604

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Body shop manager
Vehicle Showcase
This sermon by Ranger Pride is truly amazing. He should change his user name to
Preacher Ranger Pride. :facepalm:
BTW To make this sermon better add "fire and brimstone"
More people need to learn to laugh at themselves and not take everything so serious. I have Polish in me but enjoy a good Polish joke as much as anybody. To many snowflakes are a major reason out country is in serious trouble.

Done ranting. I do think Ford will do well with the Maverick. I know lots of people looking for a smaller original Ranger sized truck.

Sanford & Son Salvage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger 4WD, SCab
Ford obviously thinks that I don't need to pass anything through the rear window larger than a postage stamp.

That rear window makes it a challenge to toss empty beer cans into the bed while driving.
Youll have to use the left handed hook shot... If your driving!!

Sanford & Son Salvage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger 4WD, SCab
That is about the size that many still long for, almost last gen Ranger size.

If Ford keeps the price competitive they will sell tons of them.

And if they put the 2.0 Ecoboost in them, it will be mighty quick.
BMW did this with the X1... Intenionally went and marketed their vehicle as the smallest in its class. I do not know the official sales totals off hand but I see quite a few X1's around.

There will be a market for this truck. First time truck buyers, those that do not want or like the large size trucks... etc.. Interesting move by Ford.

Wonder what the dimensions of the bed are?

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
the bed sides are rather like the old Honda Ridgeline. Is this going to be an aluminum body panel truck like ours or some plastics as well?
the ranger is mostly steel, with a couple of bits of aluminum (not the bed). it would be nice if ford started to move to composite beds, but I suspect that's a decision that will be driven more by marketing competition with GMC than by any technical measures.

Sanford & Son Salvage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger 4WD, SCab
I'm not disappointed!! Think I'll buy one for my dad
I think that is another untapped market. Retired folk who dont want the "monster" size truck of a F 150 but would like a truck to haul stuff here and there.. go to flea markets... etc..

The lil Mav might sell quite a bit..

armoredpig

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX
Occupation
Nurse
I think that is another untapped market. Retired folk who dont want the "monster" size truck of a F 150 but would like a truck to haul stuff here and there.. go to flea markets... etc..

The lil Mav might sell quite a bit..
Exactly! My dad still wants to haul gardening supplies and fishing gear. He's still a good driver, but I don't want him driving something huge that has a tall loading deck. The Mav fits the bill better than anything else out there!

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
More people need to learn to laugh at themselves and not take everything so serious. I have Polish in me but enjoy a good Polish joke as much as anybody. To many snowflakes are a major reason out country is in serious trouble.

Done ranting. I do think Ford will do well with the Maverick. I know lots of people looking for a smaller original Ranger sized truck.
Lol I'm part Polish too and have heard my share of Polish jokes over the years and LMAO at them. :LOL:

DIYAndy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford 2019 Ranger XL
Occupation
Content Provider For SPAM
Vehicle Showcase
Here is Ford's conundrum. Ex CEO Jim Hackett reduced and purged Ford Motor Company automotive inventory of low cost/profit sedans (except for the Ford Mustang and SUVs) Now they realize not everybody is willing to "pay up" for their quality, expensive F-xxx series trucks and even the Ranger. Hence, the very small Ford Maverick Truck was born and is now manufactured south of the border to reduce cost and maybe quality.

Last edited:

armoredpig

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX
Occupation
Nurse
Here is Ford's conundrum. Ex CEO Jim Hackett reduced and purged Ford Motor Company automotive inventory of low cost/profit sedans (except for the Ford Mustang and SUVs) Now they realize not everybody is willing to "pay up" for their quality, expensive F-xxx series trucks and even the Ranger. Hence, the very small Ford Maverick Truck was born and is now manufactured south of the border to reduce cost and maybe quality.
Not to mention the new tariffs on imported steel and aluminum. By moving production, corporations can skirt those taxes. I hope this isn't a sign of things to come..
Sponsored