Hi. Just wanted to introduce myself.

Phoenix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Name's Clyde and I had an 83 and 98 Rangers (both 4x4 and bare bones models) and looking at a used 19 FX 4 via Carmax. I sold my 98 to buy a new 2017 Mustang GT. The GT was a blast to drive and I still enjoy it. It was my dream car since I first saw the 1964 1/2 model. But family and life always came first so I waited until I knew my family was secure before I got the car. However a truck is more practical and I will be getting rid of the GT in anticipation that the Ranger is in acceptable condition. Pic of my old 98 Ranger.

98 Ranger.jpg
Sponsored

quangdog

First Name
Kimball
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Welcome! I think you'll find this community a great resource (but make sure you hide your wallet from yourself... buying one of these trucks is just the beginning... )

OP
OP

Phoenix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Welcome! I think you'll find this community a great resource (but make sure you hide your wallet from yourself... buying one of these trucks is just the beginning... )

Thanks. I am hoping to receive good advice and eventually provide good advice. As far as the wallet thing goes, well, I managed to resist the urge to totally mod my Mustang so hopefully I can do the same with the Ranger. Besides, I have my "other half" to monitor my spending. :)

quangdog

First Name
Kimball
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4

peterson1604

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Body shop manager
Vehicle Showcase
He isn't lying either. ?‍?

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Welcome Clyde - like you, I’ve owned earlier Rangers - you’re gonna love this truck.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Thanks. I am hoping to receive good advice and eventually provide good advice. As far as the wallet thing goes, well, I managed to resist the urge to totally mod my Mustang so hopefully I can do the same with the Ranger. Besides, I have my "other half" to monitor my spending. :)
Welcome! First off forget the Mustang as this forum will have you spending money on all sorts of things you never knew you needed. The UPS guy will soon become your best friend and will be invited to Sunday dinners. Your poor wife will have no idea what happened to all your savings. Even the best of spouses can not control the spending that goes on here. God luck and once you get your Ranger come see me for the obligatory tailgate damper and your free t-shirt. ?

BTW you might want to get a head start planting one of these. ?

money-tree-351.jpg

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Welcome to the forum. Many of us are former Ranger owners. And as others have said this one will end up being the best of all. For a 4 banger it rips! Hahaha you’ll see ?. Having damper before the truck is definitely extra points! ?

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Everest 4x4 Titanium BI Turbo, 2015 Ford Ecosport Titanium
Occupation
Retired Military
Welcome friend
You will soon see there are in fact two parties/factions here. No , not those political parties. This is the Pro Damper and Anti Damper groups.
The Damper, AKA Derailer- will derail almost every thread in this forum. You will be forced to choose a side, you will be held to the standard of said side. ?

Scottopia

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger Lariat FX4, '11 GMC Acadia, '03 HD VRod
Occupation
Grand Sovereign Monarch of Scottopia
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP

Phoenix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I also went from a 2015 Mustang GT to my 2019 Ranger XLT. I am very happy with it.
I am going to miss my Mustang GT very much. I have totally enjoyed driving it and never regretted my purchase. But a truck is more practical so it's time to say good-bye. I hope whoever purchases it enjoys it and treats it with as much care as I did.
Sally.jpg
Sponsored