Wanted to buy a Bronco but left with a new 2020 High Performance Stick shift Mustang instead

CB750F

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ / SCAB Ranger XLT/FX4 & various motos
Occupation
Human
I also don't understand this.

My vehicle buying process involves literally months of research, hemming and hawing, and agony before I even step foot on the dealership lot.

And wanted to buy a Bronco? A tiny bit of research would tell anybody that none have even been built yet, let alone one to buy. It's pretty common knowledge that virtually all first year Broncos will be customer ordered. There won't be any on the lots to buy.
LOL, It takes me months also, drives my wife nuts.
Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Months?....Heck I won't get my Bronco until this time next year and I still don't know which model I want. lol The only thing I do know is it'll be white. But, they're going to have some new colors out for '22 so that could change too. ?

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Good thing is there's virtually never any buyers remorse when you research that much.

Months?....Heck I won't get my Bronco until this time next year and I still don't know which model I want. lol The only thing I do know is it'll be white. But, they're going to have some new colors out for '22 so that could change too. ?
They need a good dark green sooooo bad!

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Good thing is there's virtually never any buyers remorse when you research that much.

They need a good dark green sooooo bad!
Yes! That would look sick on the Bronco. I know Mike Levine had Tweeted out a while ago there will be a green for '22 but still no word on which one.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Yes! That would look sick on the Bronco. I know Mike Levine had Tweeted out a while ago there will be a green for '22 but still no word on which one.
Crossing my fingers for you that it's not a Skittles color.

JAKE2.3

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX, 2018 Mustang Ecoboost
Occupation
Appraiser
I ordered my mustang without driving it over the phone, while at a bachelor party in Florida. It drives my wife nuts that I don't stress about everything like she does haha.

peterson1604

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Body shop manager
Vehicle Showcase
My S/O has had a few "Stangs previously and I was a CorVette person but after taking this stick shift High Performance Mustang for a drive even after driving the V8 GT - It was no match for the Track ready everyday driver of the Eco Boost with extra Eco ponies on tap with a handling package... Unreal competent road holding. Like a 4 wheel MC - Very impressed but scared of tire replacement costs on this summer only track tires that is comes equipped with and NO SPARE>> Ugh. Fabulous price and trade in value made it a no brainer and manual is way more fun then the A10 trans. Less and less peeps want or know how to drive a stick for obvious reasons but this 6 speed was a kick. Do miss the remote start feature but hard not to smile while driving.
2020 HPP.png
Love the Hello Officer Red color! :cool:

OP
OP
SemperVee

SemperVee

First Name
Dar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 LARIAT. 2019 Ranger XLT Traded in.
Vehicle Showcase
We bought the EcoStang for several reasons. It was going to be some time until we got the Bronco and it was for my S/O not for me. I have the Ranger. KBB hd a huge trade in offer for our escape that would not come around again and the 2020 was a fabulous price. SHe had 3 mustangs before and loves stick shift. I am familiar with the magniride suspension from corvette and the GT does not have that as I understood. It is 10K more expensive and it is a hatchet weighing 300 more lbs in the nose while the EcoBoost with 30 More ponies then the Ranger is a scalpel and more of a Grand touring auto cross more attuned to freeway and back road driving we felt. The kind of driving most of us do. No plans to do a track day but maybe one day for fun. The GT has the sound - no argument but not weighty enough to give any material consideration since this also came with the adjustable exhaust sound mode add on. The gas mileage difference, insurance and purchase costs all factored into an Eco Boost stick shift purchase. WIth the demise of the V8's coming I felt if resale value was factored in the GT might probably win out as one of the last V8's but being all Automatic Mustangs are currently on recall hold and the difficulty of finding the Premier built in stick in a left over 2020 with the fabulous KBB trade on our escape made this a no brainer buy. Last year the Escape we traded in was worth 6,000, this year we got $12,000 KBB trade in plus 9.3% tax incentive for a plain jane 2016 Escape S with 39,000 miles against a $44,000 MSRP priced down to $35,000 + tax with a 3% finance loan. I might probably never find a deal like that again. Especially with the shortage of cars now, both new and used - I'm glad I did due dilligence research in what to expect for trade in and pushed for that. Only took 3 days of negotiating the bring to fruition. I consider it sport haggling with car dealers. :)

Last edited:

drano38

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger XLT Supercrew
Nice Stang SemperVee. Great color too -- all but one of my cars have been red.
Here's the Boss 302 I had for 9.5 years. Sold it and bought my Ranger a few weeks ago.
The Boss has the Roadrunner motor, and it pulls hard all the way to 7500 rpm redline -- which I did a lot with that car.
I bought it for road course driving, and had a lot of fun wearing out tires, brake pads and rotors.
A couple pics at Motorsport Park Hastings in Nebraska.

DSCN3440.JPG

IMG_20201003_151109554_HDR.jpg

OP
OP
SemperVee

SemperVee

First Name
Dar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The Bronco was for Costco runs anyway... she just liked the look of it and having 4 wheel drive but after having Mustangs previously and we have the Ranger for anything else it made more sense to justify the Mustang expecially at this price and REMARKABLE used trade in for 13K that last year only showed about 6K. The used car market reminds me of the HOT stupid housing market currently. LOVE driving this thing and makes me see HOW much is missing from the Ranger when inside the Mustang controls and settings like memory seats, garage door opener, upgraded SYNC, etc... ++ We could use either pulling behind the eventual RV!

OP
OP
SemperVee

SemperVee

First Name
Dar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The CAR ITSELF has Trooper Ticket written all over it! LOL
Yup and very Sexy looking fast, but alas - Not a member of the what if FEAR party.... :^) Historically aggressive MC rider for 48 years.
Sponsored

Last edited: