Being first is last on order entry for the 2019 Ford Ranger XL from FMC

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Focus ST 2018 F150 Lariat
There are people who ordered very early on in the process who have VINs way later than mine, and people who ordered after me that have already received their trucks. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to the scheduling at all.
Dealer allocation might account for the delay.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Geoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger 1943 Willys Jeep
Occupation
Retired Engineer
You are ignoring my post; my order was approved the day after yours yet mine was scheduled to build more than a month later. There are several of us who are scheduled for March 11 that ordered in early- to mid-November.

Look at the running list of orders here: https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/thre...-date-and-build-date-by-ranger5g-member.1286/

There are people who ordered very early on in the process who have VINs way later than mine, and people who ordered after me that have already received their trucks. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to the scheduling at all.
Trust me, to Ford there IS a rhyme and a reason. It's not clear to any of us but no one here schedules truck builds either. Ford does seem to prefer some regional areas over others but they also have to get 500,000 parts lined up to build one truck and when something isn't available shift strategies to keep the line running. I can't even begin to image all the minutiae details that go into all of this. And to top it off, it's a brand new production line in a converted facility manufacturing a brand new pickup (to the folks making them along with most North Americans). Hickups and preferential builds are bound to happen in this complex startup. VIN's are assigned in the order in which they're scheduled. They are most definitely NOT built in that order though.

tugger

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger 2019 Super Crew Latiat Lightning Blue FX4
Occupation
Register Nurse Emergency Room
I talked to my salesmen, he said my truck was built in January.Still awaiting shipping, ordered truck November 11th 2018.

Eric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting on ranger
Vehicle Showcase
Excuse my ignorance but what is Rosvp stand for

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Excuse my ignorance but what is Rosvp stand for
ROVP is Retail Order Verification Program (I think). It is a process that was put in place to verify a retail order was placed by a real customer, not a dealer trying to get more dealer units as retail orders.

OP
OP

DIYAndy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford 2019 Ranger XL
Occupation
Content Provider For SPAM
Vehicle Showcase
My topic comment still stands "Being first is last on order entry for the 2019 Ford Ranger XL from FMC"

Vehicle 2019 Ford Ranger XL SuperCab 4x2 - 6' Box
Receipt date: 10/25/18
Build date: 3/27/19
Projected days between receipt and build date: > 5 MONTHS <-- This is borderline on being ludicrous.

Please note: The Ford Ranger was terminated on Dec 16, 2011 in the USA but Ranger manufacturing continued outside the USA ever since then.So, Ford Motor Company did not have to do a total redesign of the Ford Ranger - they just again re-made it for USA market.

Ford joke: How can you tell your Ford Salesman is lying? - His lips are moving.

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
My topic comment still stands "Being first is last on order entry for the 2019 Ford Ranger XL from FMC"

Vehicle 2019 Ford Ranger XL SuperCab 4x2 - 6' Box
Receipt date: 10/25/18
Build date: 3/27/19
Projected days between receipt and build date: > 5 MONTHS <-- This is borderline on being ludicrous.

Please note: The Ford Ranger was terminated on Dec 16, 2011 in the USA but Ranger manufacturing continued outside the USA ever since then.So, Ford Motor Company did not have to do a total redesign of the Ford Ranger - they just again re-made it for USA market.

Ford joke: How can you tell your Ford Salesman is lying? - His lips are moving.
I still don't think your comment "stands" It has little to do with order date, and lots to do with what's currently on the line. It would make sense to me that they build the trucks that were most ordered first as it's easier to fit the same parts, and to queue them up on the line. My dad ordered his October 10th, and received it Feb 25th, 10 days after it was built. We live in the Detroit area so it didn't have to go very far to get here.

OP
OP

DIYAndy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford 2019 Ranger XL
Occupation
Content Provider For SPAM
Vehicle Showcase
4 months, 15 days excluding the end - This is still ludicrous.
Lets compare exact vehicle - was his a 2019 Ford Ranger XL SuperCab 4x2 - 6' Box?

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
4 months, 15 days excluding the end - This is still ludicrous.
Lets compare exact vehicle - was his a 2019 Ford Ranger XL SuperCab 4x2 - 6' Box?
Nope, I think you are missing the point that they are grouping the builds in some manner other than order in which they were ordered. Would it be "fair" for everyone to wait if they ran out of 6' beds, and the next one on the line is a 6' bed?

It's conceivable that they haven't gotten any 6' beds in yet, and they are waiting until Job 2 to start those. I think you are theorizing in things you would only reasonably understand if your job title was something to the tune of "Ford Motor Company VP of Plant Operations". It will come when it comes, and not a moment sooner.

Ibeejd

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Flex, 1995 Ford Lightening and 2019 Ranger (ordered)
Being one of first to order a 2019 Ford Ranger XL does not mean you receive one first from FMC.
For some "profit" reason, Ford Motor Company has their manufacturing scheduling prioritize based on the gross sales amount. This means the high end trim models are scheduled/manufactured/delivered first - the Lariat, the XLT and then comes the base trim model XL which is dead last. Some customers are waiting 4-6 months for their base XL trim model.
Forum members-please prove me wrong.
Ordered my loaded (like really loaded) XLT the end of October and still havent been scheduled so I dont think your information is correct. I am a dealership employee who even has some inside friends who cant do anything about the build date. There doesnt seem to be any rhyme or reason to the order they are getting done. I am sure some of it is commodity issues like we saw 2 months ago on the driver assist option. Im impatient and this is making me crazy!

Geoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Engineer
The very premise everyone should understand when custom ordering a vehicle is getting one ordered, and then getting it scheduled are two very different things. When an order is received the next step is to schedule it. Ford starts the process on Monday. If your order was placed on a Monday (or later) it gets into next week's Monday scheduling pile.

Looking at this thread ( https://www.blueovalforums.com/foru...-timetable-order-guide-update-notices/&page=8 ) on the BlueOval Forums one can see posts by ice-capades that show what build week they're scheduling for those Monday orders they're processing. Example, page 8 of that thread shows that on Monday Feb 25th, Ranger orders in the queue were planed for build during the week of 4/22. And again, if you placed your order on Monday 2/25 or later your order is in next weeks queue so you could 'lose' a week right here (or more if the ordered hasn't been approved - ask to see your DORA). (Google it but it's basically a receipt from Ford stating what is to be built and at what price - [Dealer] Order Receipt Acknowledgement or some such gobbley gook lingo)

From my understanding (reading the Blue Oval Forums) no one can jump in that queue earlier without a priority of 9 or less which can only come from a District manager (and they don't do that easily).

Last edited:

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Focus ST 2018 F150 Lariat
The very premise everyone should understand when custom ordering a vehicle is getting one ordered, and then getting it scheduled are two very different things. When an order is received the next step is to schedule it. Ford starts the process on Monday. If your order was placed on a Monday (or later) it gets into next week's Monday scheduling pile.

Looking at this thread ( https://www.blueovalforums.com/foru...-timetable-order-guide-update-notices/&page=8 ) on the BlueOval Forums one can see posts by ice-capades that show what build week they're scheduling for those Monday orders they're processing. Example, page 8 of that thread shows that on Monday Feb 25th, Ranger orders in the queue were planed for build during the week of 4/22. And again, if you placed your order on Monday 2/25 or later your order is in next weeks queue so you could 'lose' a week right here (or more if the ordered hasn't been approved - ask to see your DORA). (Google it but it's basically a receipt from Ford stating what is to be built and at what price - Delivery Order Receipt Acknowledgement or some such gobbley gook lingo)

From my understanding (reading the Blue Oval Forums) no one can jump in that queue earlier without a priority of 9 or less which can only come from a District manager (and they don't do that easily).
DORA

Dealer
Order
Receipt
Acknowledgement

Geoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Engineer

SRAces

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2015 Mercedes-Benz GLA, 2004 Mercedes-Benz SLK 230 Special Edition
Occupation
USAF (retired)
Vehicle Showcase
Ordered my loaded (like really loaded) XLT the end of October and still havent been scheduled so I dont think your information is correct. I am a dealership employee who even has some inside friends who cant do anything about the build date. There doesnt seem to be any rhyme or reason to the order they are getting done. I am sure some of it is commodity issues like we saw 2 months ago on the driver assist option. Im impatient and this is making me crazy!
I worked the dealer level for 10 years. Bought my F-150 I recently sold as an employee who ordered all the vehicles. I understand your frustration. I currently work with all the OEMs in my job and have plenty of Ford contacts, but can't make rhyme or reason out of the way they have rolled this truck out. Agree with the commodity side being a factor. Ford farmed out some of the metal stamping from what I understand. Not all is in-house. Supercabs have had issues.

Like you and waiting on my Ranger that is due in any day to a dealer 60 miles away that agreed to let my dealer have it on arrival. Been beating the General Manager of my local Ford store up for a year on a new Ranger...lol! Feel like we relatives now as much as he has communicated with me. He is just a frustrated as the rest of us. We just have to hang in there....
Sponsored