$750 incentive announced for 2019 Ford Ranger (XLT or LARIAT) order

FLEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SCrew
Vehicle Showcase
Hi everyone - just placed my order over the past weekend. I have an x plan pin and also a $750 incentive from the auto show test drive which expires in April. I showed both to the dealer but they said that we don’t confirm pricing and incentives until the car is built and delivered - is that the case? It seems that others were able to get the pricing and incentive confirmed at time of order. I already missed the preorder incentive (because I was waiting for my friend to get me the x plan and perhaps wrongly thought I needed to have the pin in my hand before ordering) and now am worried the truck will not arrive before the auto show incentive expires...
It's really up to the dealer on how they handle it. The most you would probably get from them is an estimate including x-plan and the incentive. If you are dealing with x-plan there isn't much they are going to do on the price anyway. I've had a pretty transparent dealer but I've never worried about pinning them down on a price. I have my x-plan and incentive, the most they should add is a $250 dealer fee. As much as I've pestered them I figure they've earned the dealer fee. I'll worry about the final numbers when I'm at the table.
Sponsored

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
It's really up to the dealer on how they handle it. The most you would probably get from them is an estimate including x-plan and the incentive. If you are dealing with x-plan there isn't much they are going to do on the price anyway. I've had a pretty transparent dealer but I've never worried about pinning them down on a price. I have my x-plan and incentive, the most they should add is a $250 dealer fee. As much as I've pestered them I figure they've earned the dealer fee. I'll worry about the final numbers when I'm at the table.
Re-read the X plan rules, document fees are capped at $100 or state limit.

khyros

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Crewcab FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Hi everyone - just placed my order over the past weekend. I have an x plan pin and also a $750 incentive from the auto show test drive which expires in April. I showed both to the dealer but they said that we don’t confirm pricing and incentives until the car is built and delivered - is that the case? It seems that others were able to get the pricing and incentive confirmed at time of order. I already missed the preorder incentive (because I was waiting for my friend to get me the x plan and perhaps wrongly thought I needed to have the pin in my hand before ordering) and now am worried the truck will not arrive before the auto show incentive expires...
Every time I or anyone I've known has ordered a vehicle, they've had the choice of incentives at the time of ordering or at the time of delivery. Furthermore, the X Plan pricing is non-negotiable, ask to see the invoice slip, as it'll show the A plan, D plan, X plan, Invoice, and MSRP on it. That is the price you should be paying, less any incentives that apply. And if the dealership is being shady, go elsewhere - there's no excuse for that in this day and age where the customer is well informed.

FLEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Re-read the X plan rules, document fees are capped at $100 or state limit.
I think I got the $275 program fee mixed up, thanks for checking me. My dealer doesn't charge additional fees.

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
I think I got the $275 program fee mixed up, thanks for checking me. My dealer doesn't charge additional fees.
While there is a fee, it’s included in the final X plan price. So whatever you were quoted is the final cost, not including $100 doc fees.

FLEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
While there is a fee, it’s included in the final X plan price. So whatever you were quoted is the final cost, not including $100 doc fees.
Yep, seen it worked up, just haven't gotten down to brass tacks yet.

Geoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger 1943 Willys Jeep
Occupation
Retired Engineer
So has anyone who preordered gotten the $750 rebate? I trust there were no issues?

ROJOBO

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
Every time I or anyone I've known has ordered a vehicle, they've had the choice of incentives at the time of ordering or at the time of delivery. Furthermore, the X Plan pricing is non-negotiable, ask to see the invoice slip, as it'll show the A plan, D plan, X plan, Invoice, and MSRP on it. That is the price you should be paying, less any incentives that apply. And if the dealership is being shady, go elsewhere - there's no excuse for that in this day and age where the customer is well informed.
My dealer in Southern California says I can use Costco pricing and my $750 cert. That will be the best they can do.
Hope my truck comes soon!

SlinkyFriend

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Focus
So my dealer hasn’t confirmed my $750. They say because the code that I got in the mail isn’t working right. Anybody else have similar issues? The manager said he is trying to call and figure out the issue. Says the number they normally use is different and nothing is coming up. I plan on purchasing Thursday and would like to get other people’s take. Thanks!

DHare

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat - Saber; 2020 Ford Edge - Rapid Red
Occupation
Retired
So has anyone who preordered gotten the $750 rebate? I trust there were no issues?
I got the $750 preorder rebate and I was also able to use the Farm Bureau $500 discount for a total of $1250 off the negotiated price of $200 over invoice.

Geoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger 1943 Willys Jeep
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I got the $750 preorder rebate and I was also able to use the Farm Bureau $500 discount for a total of $1250 off the negotiated price of $200 over invoice.
Excellent!
Sponsored