DIYAndy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford 2019 Ranger XL
Occupation
Content Provider For SPAM
Vehicle Showcase
Being one of first to order a 2019 Ford Ranger XL does not mean you receive one first from FMC.
For some "profit" reason, Ford Motor Company has their manufacturing scheduling prioritize based on the gross sales amount. This means the high end trim models are scheduled/manufactured/delivered first - the Lariat, the XLT and then comes the base trim model XL which is dead last. Some customers are waiting 4-6 months for their base XL trim model.
Forum members-please prove me wrong.
Sponsored

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
Well, my dad waited 6 months for his Lariat. It sorta makes sense for the highest profit margin items to come first in my opinion. Logistics and line simplification seem to be important things in this day and age.

However, I think we've seen at least one XL on the forum, but I cannot recall where.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
I don't think that explains the odd scheduling. I've seen other units scheduled before mine, and mine is a pretty loaded Lariat. I ordered back in December and if the scheduler is correct, it will be getting built in a little over a week. I will be at almost 4 months if the estimated delivery date is correct - and we know how accurate that has been in a lot of cases.

The scheduling and information flow for these trucks has been terrible.

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
I also bought an XLT off a lot that was built 1/9, so by this logic, my dad's Lariat would have been in front of me which was not the case as his was only built on 2/15.

OP
OP

DIYAndy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford 2019 Ranger XL
Occupation
Content Provider For SPAM
Vehicle Showcase
My XL order entry was Oct 23, 2018 and I can say I was probably the first at this dealership in Ohio. I have seen the Lariats and XLT's flow through this dealership that were ordered months after mine.

edited 10:09 am 2/26/19
The only saving grace is all the problems/issues found on this forum will not be an issue when mine is delivered "some day" in the future!

Last edited:

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
My XL order entry was Oct 23, 2018 and I can say I was probably the first at this dealership in Ohio. I have seen the Lariats and XLT's flow through this dealership that were ordered months after mine.
What was repeated over and over is the ROVP approved orders would be scheduled weekly, however that does not appear to be what happened. They appear to have been scheduled in batches at irregular intervals, with some unknown method - why some got scheduled before others is a mystery. It could have something to do with parts shortages, profit, or some other variable.

Rock 25

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Hot Pepper Red
What was repeated over and over is the ROVP approved orders would be scheduled weekly, however that does not appear to be what happened. They appear to have been scheduled in batches at irregular intervals, with some unknown method - why some got scheduled before others is a mystery. It could have something to do with parts shortages, profit, or some other variable.
I ordered a Lariat in September and still don't have it so not sure about the high end trucks being made first.

Geoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger 1943 Willys Jeep
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I guess I disagree. When your order was submitted (and ROVP approved) the order was scheduled to Ford scheduling which schedules months in advance. In my case, my order was finally ROVP approved on Nov 13 (altho I originally ordered on 9/10) and then it was eligible for scheduling, which Ford did during the very next scheduling week. Unfortunately, by then, Ford was scheduling builds for the week of 2/4 and mine started production on 2/6, came off the line on 2/13, and had it's spray in bedliner completed on 2/19. So, I knew back in Oct that it would be late Feb/early march before I'd see it. So far, mine has more or less been on schedule and has not fallen into extended "In Production" hell.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I guess I disagree. When your order was submitted (and ROVP approved) the order was scheduled to Ford scheduling which schedules months in advance. In my case, my order was finally ROVP approved on Nov 13 (altho I originally ordered on 9/10) and then it was eligible for scheduling, which Ford did during the very next scheduling week. Unfortunately, by then, Ford was scheduling builds for the week of 2/4 and mine started production on 2/6, came off the line on 2/13, and had it's spray in bedliner completed on 2/19. So, I knew back in Oct that it would be late Feb/early march before I'd see it. So far, mine has more or less been on schedule and has not fallen into extended "In Production" hell.
My experience was different than yours. I ordered 12/22, was ROVP approved within a day, however I did not get a VIN for over a month (2/7) and then I finally got my build week of 3/13. When I was looking at the build weeks, had I been scheduled the week after my ROVP got approved, I would have gotten a build date a month sooner. I realize it was end of year, but it still sat for about 6 weeks with no action at all. I think I was part of the "batch scheduling" that was talked about on the forum here. They said that the remainder of the ROVP orders would be batch scheduled for 3/7 and 3/13 and if you look at the spreadsheet @rangerdanger maintains, you will see a LOT of build weeks for those two weeks,

What I heard was that once an ROVP was approved, it would get scheduled the following week (which is what you wrote above). That is not what has happened for many people, myself included.

technological_marvel

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shadow Black Ranger LARIAT FX4
I ordered my Lariat FX4 501a in November, it's currently scheduled to build week of March 11. That's 4 months, plus time for delivery. There are folks on this forum who ordered after me and already have their trucks. I don't know
My experience was different than yours. I ordered 12/22, was ROVP approved within a day, however I did not get a VIN for over a month (2/7) and then I finally got my build week of 3/13. When I was looking at the build weeks, had I been scheduled the week after my ROVP got approved, I would have gotten a build date a month sooner. I realize it was end of year, but it still sat for about 6 weeks with no action at all. I think I was part of the "batch scheduling" that was talked about on the forum here. They said that the remainder of the ROVP orders would be batch scheduled for 3/7 and 3/13 and if you look at the spreadsheet @rangerdanger maintains, you will see a LOT of build weeks for those two weeks,

What I heard was that once an ROVP was approved, it would get scheduled the following week (which is what you wrote above). That is not what has happened for many people, myself included.

I think you mean build weeks of 3/4 and 3/11, but in any case I have had a similar experience. My ROVP order was approved and entered into the ordering system Nov 14, so I would have expected a similar build date to @Geoff but instead my order wasn't scheduled until much later, putting me in the 3/11/19 production week. All this to say, there doesn't seem to have been much rhyme or reason to Ford's scheduling, at least none from the outside looking in.

Geoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Engineer

You still got a preferential build date. Yeah, things may have not followed the exact formula around the holidays but my 11/13 ROVP order was scheduled for 2/4 whereas your 12/22 order was scheduled for 3/6. Your order was placed 5 weeks after mine yet you got a build date roughly 4 weeks after mine. How did you expect to place an order 5 weeks after mine was yet expect the build date to be a month sooner (or approximately the same build date as mine)? I sympathize with the wait. I've been waiting since early Sept (closing in on 6 months now), but I think any ROVP problems were dealer based, not Ford based. Trucks were scheduled when the ROVP was approved. I haven't seen any exceptions to this (other than the batch scheduling). Also keep in mind there was no scheduling at all for 2 weeks near the holidays - that actually helped some folks). I have seen dealers not understanding the ROVP program and either be late with submitting the ROVP paperwork or not submitting it at all (as in my case) until the customer starts educating the dealer on the importance of getting that ROVP paperwork to Ford ASAP.

Last edited:

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I think you mean build weeks of 3/4 and 3/11, but in any case I have had a similar experience. My ROVP order was approved and entered into the ordering system Nov 14, so I would have expected a similar build date to @Geoff but instead my order wasn't scheduled until much later, putting me in the 3/11/19 production week. All this to say, there doesn't seem to have been much rhyme or reason to Ford's scheduling, at least none from the outside looking in.
Yes, I did mean build weeks 3/4 and 3/11. My build week was 3/11 and then I found out my build date was 3/13, which is what messed me up. :)

I guess that is the most frustrating part - There doesn't seem to be any driving factor behind the odd scheduling that has happened. And then you add all the communication/tracking snafus into the mix and it makes for a pretty poor customer service experience.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
You still got a preferential build date. Yeah, things may have not followed the exact formula around the holidays but my 11/13 ROVP order was scheduled for 2/4 whereas your 12/22 order was scheduled for 3/6. Your order was place 5 weeks after mine yet you got a build date roughly 4 weeks after mine. How did you expect to place an order 5 weeks after mine was yet expect the build date to be a month sooner (or approximately the same build date as mine)? I sympathize with the wait. I've been waiting since Early Sept, but I think any ROVP problems were dealer based, not Ford based. Trucks were scheduled when the ROVP was approved. I haven't seen any exceptions to this. I have seen dealers not understanding the ROVP program and either be late with submitting the ROVP paperwork or not submitting it at all (as in my case) until the customer starts educating the dealer on the importance of getting that ROVP paperwork to Ford ASAP.
I can say with certainty that my issues were not ROVP dealer based. When I went in to roder, I took all the ROVP info posted here, but my dealer was already aware of all the requirements. That is why I knew my ROVP was approved the day after I ordered - they confirmed it. That is my problem. My ROVP was APPROVED the day after I ordered, but it took another 6 weeks to actually get it scheduled. I could see 2 or 3 weeks due to the end of year issues, but 6?

My expectation was that after my ROVP was approved, I would be scheduled in the next week for build. That is how I understood the ROVP program was supposed to work. But it didn't. Hence my frustration. I know for some people it did work that way. I'm not the worst off by any means, but it is still frustrating.

Geoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I can say with certainty that my issues were not ROVP dealer based. When I went in to roder, I took all the ROVP info posted here, but my dealer was already aware of all the requirements. That is why I knew my ROVP was approved the day after I ordered - they confirmed it. That is my problem. My ROVP was APPROVED the day after I ordered, but it took another 6 weeks to actually get it scheduled. I could see 2 or 3 weeks due to the end of year issues, but 6?

My expectation was that after my ROVP was approved, I would be scheduled in the next week for build. That is how I understood the ROVP program was supposed to work. But it didn't. Hence my frustration. I know for some people it did work that way. I'm not the worst off by any means, but it is still frustrating.
I guess I look at your dates and see them as being in line with what I would expect, given my dates are about 1 month ahead of yours, both in ordering and scheduling.

technological_marvel

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shadow Black Ranger LARIAT FX4
Trucks were scheduled when the ROVP was approved. I haven't seen any exceptions to this
You are ignoring my post; my order was approved the day after yours yet mine was scheduled to build more than a month later. There are several of us who are scheduled for March 11 that ordered in early- to mid-November.

Look at the running list of orders here: https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/thre...-date-and-build-date-by-ranger5g-member.1286/

There are people who ordered very early on in the process who have VINs way later than mine, and people who ordered after me that have already received their trucks. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to the scheduling at all.
Sponsored