Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford 2019 Ranger XL
Occupation
Content Provider For SPAM
Vehicle Showcase
2019 Ford Ranger XL humor/parody.

The dealership handed my XL vehicle keys to me and I tried to press on the molded key head to open the vehicle to no avail. The dealer said "you need to insert the key in the hole and turn the key" I said "no way"

Then, I tried to adjust the drivers seat position by tapping on the levers on the side of the seat. The driver's side seat did not move - you mean I have to physically move the mechanical levers to adjust the seat?

The outside left and right side mirrors were not properly adjusted and I search for many minutes for the left/right mirror adjustment buttons and found nothing. You have to physically adjust both outside mirror positions with your fingers?

Then, I tried the adjust the environmental controls to the needed inside temperature. There is no inside temperature indication for automatic temperature control. The adjustment knobs are only for different levels of heating and air conditioning.

On my test drive, I looked over on the radio console for the GPS map to indicate my navigation and there was no GPS map displayed? The truck navigation on the XL is a compass indicator on the main console for N/S/E/W directions. How can anyone find a Sonic drive-in or a McDonalds with just a compass and a street name with number is beyond me?

Ok, after my test drive, I needed to inspect under the hood. I found the hood latch and search everywhere
for the long hood rod - there was none. The hood had two cool gas operated lifters - unbelievable!

Looking under the XL vehicle showed no physical sign of a skid plate protecting the engine. Without this plate to remove to get to the oil drain plug my DIY oil changes can be done in no time!
BTW - My wife does not even like tripping or falling in my "DIY oil change trench" in the back yard, at nighttime, when she goes outside to the out-house to do her business.

After I accepted and took possession of my new Ranger XL, I went immediately to my favorite watering hole or bar and met up with my other truck buddies. The conversation, after a few drinks, turned to new trucks. All of them bragged about having power seats, power windows, power mirrors, plush leather seats, fancy electronics and GPS's. They all went into a state of shock and total silence when I informed them my new "Ford Ranger XL Lariat" had a MSRP of only $24,300.:sunglasses:
Sponsored

Last edited:

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
What's "Ford Ranger XL Lariat" precious?

Other than that, pretty funny comparison. Too bad nowadays you cannot get an "electronics free" truck. You still have all the computers, you just can't see them when they go bad :)

OP
OP

DIYAndy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford 2019 Ranger XL
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Last edited:

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
Look on the good side your truck will go just as fast and far as the $45,000 truck. I never could see electric seat adjustments, how many people play around everyday with their seat. But, I do think that you should splurge and buy your wife a LOO bucket. :crazy:

OP
OP

DIYAndy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford 2019 Ranger XL
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

OP
OP

DIYAndy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford 2019 Ranger XL
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
As an proud owner of a Lightning Blue XL trim 4x2 model which is the most simple "plain jane" model you can buy, you don't need to read only ~1/4 of the 2019 Ranger Quick Reference Guide and ~1/2 of the Owner's Manual! Boy, I love that XL Ranger for simplicity!;)

pboggini

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lightning Blue XL Ranger 4x2 Supercrew.
As an proud owner of a Lightning Blue XL trim 4x2 model which is the most simple "plain jane" model you can buy, you don't need to read only ~1/4 of the 2019 Ranger Quick Reference Guide and ~1/2 of the Owner's Manual! Boy, I love that XL Ranger for simplicity!;)
I got an XL too but I added a decent number of options to my Lightning Blue XL 4x2. 101A, STX, towing package, locker, carpet/floor mats, floor liners, running boards, mud flaps, block heater, sliding rear window, keyless key pad, spray in bedliner, hard tonneau cover.

I looked at an XLT but there was some $2,500 package I would have had to get if I wanted the sliding rear window.

I was comparing my truck to the black appearance package and I think I have more black on my truck than it does other than the wheels.

I'm super happy with my truck and glad I went the route I did. Got a good deal on the truck and got exactly what I wanted.

Anthony

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 SCrew
Occupation
COO
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah but you didn’t get that extra “T” on your trim level. That’s the only reason I got the XLT. I didn’t want any of the stupid features, but damned if I’m going with an extra letter!

:crazy:

DrRoger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Taurus, 2019 Ranger XL (May 20)
Occupation
Retired
Post pictures in the "garage" section. Only 4 XL there so far

ROJOBO

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
I got an XL too but I added a decent number of options to my Lightning Blue XL 4x2. 101A, STX, towing package, locker, carpet/floor mats, floor liners, running boards, mud flaps, block heater, sliding rear window, keyless key pad, spray in bedliner, hard tonneau cover.

I looked at an XLT but there was some $2,500 package I would have had to get if I wanted the sliding rear window.

I was comparing my truck to the black appearance package and I think I have more black on my truck than it does other than the wheels.

I'm super happy with my truck and glad I went the route I did. Got a good deal on the truck and got exactly what I wanted.
I'm with you. I ordered a XL SuperCab with just what I wanted. Coming from a 1999 Tacoma with roll up windows and a cassette deck. I din't want all the extra stuff. Just ordered a few extras to make it just the way I want it. Now, if it would just get here!

DrRoger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Taurus, 2019 Ranger XL (May 20)
Occupation
Retired
I'm with you. I ordered a XL SuperCab with just what I wanted. Coming from a 1999 Tacoma with roll up windows and a cassette deck. I din't want all the extra stuff. Just ordered a few extras to make it just the way I want it. Now, if it would just get here!
I did the same. But did get the 101A and tow package

pboggini

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lightning Blue XL Ranger 4x2 Supercrew.
Yeah but you didn’t get that extra “T” on your trim level. That’s the only reason I got the XLT. I didn’t want any of the stupid features, but damned if I’m going with an extra letter!

:crazy:
If you get the STX package you can get an extra letter. And, it comes with a letter that others don't have. My fender badges say "STX".
Sponsored