First Name
KJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford Ranger, '14 Ford Edge, '74 VW Type 181
Occupation
Professional Curmudgeon
I tracked one down and installed it ... now I'm impatient waiting for the tailgate to drop.
I picked up a load today at a local store and opened the tailgate and expected it to open quicker than it did. Now I need to get used to the slow open. :crazy:
Sponsored

The Long Ranger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Supercab XLT 302a 18" PVD Chrome pkg., 15 Focus SE, 65 Falcon Futura Hardtop, 56 Chevy 3100 Shortbed, 05 Pontiac Vibe (700,000 miles), 93 Nissan King Cab, 05 Sebring Limited convertible (Joyride), 17 American Landmaster 450E, wife has some kind of Cadillac
Occupation
HotShot ......no, really
Vehicle Showcase
I tracked one down and installed it ... now I'm impatient waiting for the tailgate to drop.
Give it time. Go make a sandwich or something while you wait!

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford
Well, I did it! I installed the DeeZee tailgate Dampner on my Ranger today.
It works as advertised.
We're going on a trip with our travel trailer and my wife has to get stuff out of the truck.
This thing makes it easy for her and it might prevent a dent from the tongue jack, but I think it is tedium waiting while it oozes open.. Smooth as silk though.

Muscam1

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariet
I installed the tailgate damper on my Ranger a while back ago and am so use to it that when a neighbor brought over his new Ranger to show me - I opened his tailgate like I do mine, open and let go....and he looked at me like WTF, when it slammed down :(

Fawnbuster

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired 34 years as LEO
Vehicle Showcase
I installed the tailgate damper on my Ranger a while back ago and am so use to it that when a neighbor brought over his new Ranger to show me - I opened his tailgate like I do mine, open and let go....and he looked at me like WTF, when it slammed down :(
Ding ding ding! We have a winner!???

pull string get cookies

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 White Platinum
Vehicle Showcase
I’m sure that you were just as surprised as he was. This is why friends don’t let friends not damper.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
You should point him to this forum and I'll send him the WELCOME code and his free t-shirt. ?

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ranger Supercab (sold 12/19) , 2002 Honda CR-V
Occupation
Retired Firefighter III, Honolulu Fire Department
While it is a slightly different application, this is the kind of s**t that happens when you don't have a good damper for the tailgate or hatch. :LOL:
1611155332614.png
LOL! serves him right for adding that garbage to the hatch, or, if it's not his vehicle not using a prop rod (like a broomstick handle) to support it. The factory gas struts were not designed to support that added weight, but at least it looks cool when you're stuck in stop and go traffic and dreaming of crossing the finish line @Lemans...lol.

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
LOL! serves him right for adding that garbage to the hatch, or, if it's not his vehicle not using a prop rod (like a broomstick handle) to support it. The factory gas struts were not designed to support that added weight, but at least it looks cool when you're stuck in stop and go traffic and dreaming of crossing the finish line @Lemans...lol.
That is the Uber Spoiler for the GoFast crowd.

Scientifically proven to add 50 pounds of downforce even while sitting still.

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
Just released: "Ford Performance is working to miniaturize this for application as aTailgate Damper and step bumper accessory replacement. Expected to be released June 31, 2021. Hand rails lower tailgate while steps take you up and deposit you on bed of truck. Sensors know when you want to go down and reverse movement when activated. John Smith, Ford Marketing Manager, says that this is the greatest accessory achievement since the steering wheel percolator."

1611171087322.png

:like:

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
That 4-stair escalator would be just about perfect.

Will they offer an additional stair kit in case you get a lift kit installed?
Sponsored