E85 DYNO RESULTS

ZincGT

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Had a chance to get one the dyno yesterday with Adam from ZFG Racing working on the keyboard. I'm running full E85 and other then the tune the truck has 0 power mods. After I run down this tank of E85 I'm going to put pump gas in it and do a dyno with the stock tune. I have since been talked into a turbo upgrade ?. I purchased a dragy and will be posting that data soon.
rg3.jpg

graph is hard to read 357hp 361tq

RG1.jpg

RG2.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Obijack

First Name
J J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 iconic sliver
Occupation
Attorney
I wonder how ethanol will affect the hpfp?

y2krtaf

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Aircraft mechanic
Can’t read the numbers..

BassRanger

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Supercab STX, 2010 Mustang
Occupation
Goodyear
So.... Where did the original information that the stock Ranger fuel system couldn't keep up with E85 come from? I believe this is the second tuner I've seen prove otherwise.

Obijack

First Name
J J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Attorney
long term? I dont thing many DI systems have had issues with ethanol.
Oh man. You may want to look into that ASAP. Many of the DI Turbo’s have issues with it.

OP
OP

ZincGT

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Oh man. You may want to look into that ASAP. Many of the DI Turbo’s have issues with it.
guess we will find out, I have run e85 in my 17 zl1 for over a year no issue and almost 2 years in our 18 mustang. I know there are plenty of people that run e50 on eco boosts.

OP
OP

ZincGT

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Interesting choice running E85 and possibly voiding warranty vs. any money saved.
saving money? ? who said anything about that? E85 is not about saving money, it’s about unleashing the true potential of the truck. I drive 80 miles a day and the driving experience with the tune is worth every penny.

CO2Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD / Former: 2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
So.... Where did the original information that the stock Ranger fuel system couldn't keep up with E85 come from? I believe this is the second tuner I've seen prove otherwise.
I believe the Owners Manual specifically says not to run E85. Just answering the question, not passing judgement.

OP
OP

ZincGT

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
I believe the Owners Manual specifically says not to run E85. Just answering the question, not passing judgement.
that’s because it’s not calibrated for ethanol. Every non flex fuel vehicle produced has the same statement in their owners manual

Obijack

First Name
J J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Attorney
Last edited:

13 Second Ranger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
The factory pump will work with E85, however using an XDI pump made a huge difference and a safety net for us while tuning. My tuner was not happy with what he was seeing with the factory pump and E85. I was going to go E50 but who wants to deal with mixing at every stop....not me...

OP
OP

ZincGT

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
The factory pump will work with E85, however using an XDI pump made a huge difference and a safety net for us while tuning. My tuner was not happy with what he was seeing with the factory pump and E85. I was going to go E50 but who wants to deal with mixing at every stop....not me...

I agree with the e50 comment, we are however working on a flex fuel tune. With how much I drive i will most likely run 91 the majority of the time. So far we haven't seen any pressure loss from the low side or the hpfp. From my tuning experience with the DI LT engines it seems hit or miss weather a vehicle can run full e85 with out issue, the good thing is they have true flex fuel sensor so you can run a lower mix easily.

BaGMaN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
USAF Retired
i added a kit and tune to my FRS so i could run e85, 91, or any mix between. it had a gauge to monitor the ethanol. in case you are not aware, the e85 pumps say up to e85. most of the year they are e50 and if you live in a smaller town like i do, the station may not sell enough to get a full e85 mix. I will say it made the FRS a beast with the turbo!!
Sponsored