XLT vs Lariat gauge cluster

NOVA_Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
One of the main reasons I went with an XLT here, my wife's Explorer had more of a Lariat cluster and 'meh'.
Sponsored

LB357

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lightning Blue Ranger
Thinking about doing the same, where did you order your XLT cluster from?
Scratch that, found some on eBay. Any specific guide you followed and Forscan instructions?

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
Thinking about doing the same, where did you order your XLT cluster from?
@Bludrok solution makes complete sense but here’s another solution or thought process… can see everything you want and more. Get benefit of added power unless you really don’t want a tune for whatever reason.. even though Livernois offers very safe tunes with lower octane too.
6FC6CFCE-11BC-42AE-87E7-17F1548A5465.jpeg

LB357

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Bludrok solution makes complete sense but here’s another solution or thought process… can see everything you want and more. Get benefit of added power unless you really don’t want a tune for whatever reason.. even though Livernois offers very safe tunes with lower octane too.
6FC6CFCE-11BC-42AE-87E7-17F1548A5465.jpeg
Ive actually got my Livernois tuner mounted in the same place and on the gauges page as well, thanks for the suggestion though! Just more of a fan of the XLT cluster than the Lariat.

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase

DT444T

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Sport 4x4 Lariat - Saber
Occupation
I'm fly. I'm pilot.
Can you elaborate on your tach solution? What does it look like?

What functionality of the Lariat cluster do you not want to lose?
I have the Bullydog tuner and it shows me a 4-digit tach. Literally just shows the numbers "2200" on the screen.

Ive actually got my Livernois tuner mounted in the same place and on the gauges page as well, thanks for the suggestion though! Just more of a fan of the XLT cluster than the Lariat.
Just like this

LB357

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey all, received my XLT cluster today (with lower miles) than my Lariat and I'm trying to up the mileage using Forscan to match my Lariat cluster but when I try to write in Forscan it tells me "Service procedure has been interrupted". Any ideas? I've searched the web but no luck so far but thought some people have had success upping the mileage on a different cluster.

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Hey all, received my XLT cluster today (with lower miles) than my Lariat and I'm trying to up the mileage using Forscan to match my Lariat cluster but when I try to write in Forscan it tells me "Service procedure has been interrupted". Any ideas? I've searched the web but no luck so far but thought some people have had success upping the mileage on a different cluster.
Iirc you might need a paid version of Forscan and not the free one to change odometer

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Hmm I've got the extended license already, is that what you're referring to?
pretty sure yes. I know some features are listed but don’t work with the free version. If you paid for a subscription be it a year, or lifetime use fee then it does work

LB357

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
pretty sure yes. I know some features are listed but don’t work with the free version. If you paid for a subscription be it a year, or lifetime use fee then it does work
Hmm, no luck on mine. Tried a few different troubleshooting steps but still no dice. I've got a second cluster with higher mileage than mine I'll just wait to swap in if need be. Currently sent off the first XLT cluster to an odometer correction service to bring it up to my mileage, assuming that works out.

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
I would be very surprised if FORScan will let you change odometer readings.

I would think that would be an OEM locked procedure to prevent tampering, with strict oversight by some type of governing body.

Because we all know that nobody would ever turn the miles back to make a higher profit or anything like that...

Reminds me of a story my dad told me.

He bought a used car from a dealer in a nearby city.

After getting it home he found a service receipt for the car but with an additional 20 thousand miles on it (this was in the 60's when engines were worn out at 100k).

He called the dealer and they had him return the car and gave him a much nicer car with guaranteed miles.

They said it was because they made a "grave error" but it was more likely hush money in the form of a nicer car.

LB357

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would be very surprised if FORScan will let you change odometer readings.

I would think that would be an OEM locked procedure to prevent tampering, with strict oversight by some type of governing body.

Because we all know that nobody would ever turn the miles back to make a higher profit or anything like that...
This was my thought initially but figured since I'd read a few reports on here about going up in mileage being possible I'd give it a shot.

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
I read somewhere FORscan could add miles, but not subtract. But dont recall where...
Sponsored