XLT vs Lariat gauge cluster

LB357

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lightning Blue Ranger
Bummer. I tried out my XLT cluster today.

I have a Lariat FX4 with adaptive cruise.

After hooking up the new cluster I didn't get any warnings, but I lost some functions. The Terrain Management switch didn't display what mode I was in and my locking diff also didn't display any indication of activating. The cluster also didn't quite fit; I couldn't get the lower right hand hole and alignment pin to line up.

I didn't drive it at all and switched back to the stock Lariat cluster. I'm going to do some research in Forscan to see if I can enable those displays, otherwise I'm sticking with the Lariat cluster.

I'm wondering if I need to find a cluster from an XLT FX4
Interesting, when I hit the Terrain Management button it cycles through and shows me on the center screen which modes I'm cycling through but my locking diff doesn't show up when I activate or deactivate it like you mentioned but I can hear it engaging and disengaging. I'll have to scroll through my Forscan settings today if I get the time to see what all is activated as I know I've played around in it after installing the cluster. When I purchased mine it didn't specify if it had the FX4 package or not, just that it was an XLT cluster.
Sponsored

LB357

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had a chance to run out to the truck earlier than expected. Hopefully good news(?) @NHR, I hopped into Forscan and searched on "adaptive" and enabled three Adaptive Cruise Control settings which now shows a menu I didn't previously have when turning cruise on but I haven't yet had a chance to test if it works. I also searched and found where I could "enable" Electronic Locking Differential (E-Locker) which now successfully shows when it's locked or not. I tested if it shows while it's in and out of 4WD and it does show regardless if you're in 2WD/4WD. I could hear it engaging when hitting the button so that seems all good again. I triple checked the Terrain Modes again after making the change and they all show up as usual. The settings I believe that are related to that and that I have enabled are as follows:

Intelligent 4WD Gauge
Intelligent 4WD Gauge Mode Feature
Off Road Gauge
Off-road Screen
Selectable Drive Mode

They may not all pertain to it but it's what I have enabled to keep or add functionality for it. Hopefully I'll get to test out these new settings, especially the adaptive cruise again and see if that's all it took. The pictures attached don't show it in any specific order just verify that I have the locker showing, TC modes, and possible adaptive cruise settings again.

IMG_20211204_133838.jpg

IMG_20211204_134053.jpg

IMG_20211204_134113.jpg

IMG_20211204_134121.jpg

IMG_20211204_134206.jpg

OP
OP

NHR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Very cool! Thanks for the info. I'm going to give it a other shot when I have a minute

5G Dan-O

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Ford ASSET Instructor - Program Director
Bummer. I tried out my XLT cluster today.

I'm wondering if I need to find a cluster from an XLT FX4
No, you need to program your cluster with the options your original cluster had with your FORScan.
If you reinstall your OEM cluster and save the As Built data and then reinstall the 'new' cluster you can then push the As Built data back into the new cluster.

OP
OP

NHR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
No, you need to program your cluster with the options your original cluster had with your FORScan.
If you reinstall your OEM cluster and save the As Built data and then reinstall the 'new' cluster you can then push the As Built data back into the new cluster.
Brilliant! Thank you for the tip

5G Dan-O

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Brilliant! Thank you for the tip
Can't take credit for all the info. I'm a car guy for sure, but I'm new to FORScan and learning every day.
Hoping that the new RH switch pack is truly the fix for the inop station tuning steering wheel buttons.

LB357

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Follow up on the ACC test, works like a charm again! So thank you to @NHR for getting me to go back out and dig through Forscan and now I've got all the functions of my original Lariat, minus controlling the radio with the upper right switch pack.

OP
OP

NHR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Well I finally got my cluster installed and ran my as built IPC in Forscan. Success!

The one thing I'm surprised by is I can't see my tire pressure anymore. Is that feature not available on the XLT? I figured it would be under Truck Info but the only screen there is Off Road

LB357

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well I finally got my cluster installed and ran my as built IPC in Forscan. Success!

The one thing I'm surprised by is I can't see my tire pressure anymore. Is that feature not available on the XLT? I figured it would be under Truck Info but the only screen there is Off Road
Nice! It should be available, maybe just need to activate it in Forscan? I know mine was until I disabled it after getting new tires and wheels and forgetting to get sensors installed.

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4

It's there.

While I agree that it should be under Truck Info, it's actually under Driver Assist.

Select Driver Assist and it's down the menu a bit.

5G Dan-O

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Reviving an old thread for updated info

I CAN CONFIRM that if you purchase the correct RH switches SW-8207 and program/switch the SCCM with the other RH switch pack choice in FORScan, you can have an XLT cluster in a Lariat with the correctly functioning RH switch pack buttons (volume, mode, mute, phone, channel buttons, ect...)

If you don't swap in the correct XLT switches, only the volume buttons work for the radio controls with the XLT cluster.

93b9db0939fd86b1cfdb762ebbc62f5cb9695f3f.jpg

Last edited:

daczone

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
Reviving an old thread for updated info

I CAN CONFIRM that if you purchase the correct RH switches SW-8207 and program/switch the SCCM with the other RH switch pack choice in FORScan, you can have an XLT cluster in a Lariat with the correctly functioning RH switch pack buttons (volume, mode, mute, phone, channel buttons, ect...)

If you don't swap in the correct XLT switches, only the volume buttons work for the radio controls with the XLT cluster.

93b9db0939fd86b1cfdb762ebbc62f5cb9695f3f.jpg

Can you give me the coding I need to do when doing this swap? My cluster just arrived and my switch is on it's way via Tasca. Thank You

5G Dan-O

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
First thing, with FORScan, make a backup of your IPC's AsBuilt.
Then install the buttons and the new to you IPC
Push the backup into the new IPC.
Open the SCCM config up in FORScan and change the RH buttons to the other available choice - If I'm remembering correctly, there are only 2 choice for RH steering wheel switches.

Clear codes and that should be it

daczone

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
First thing, with FORScan, make a backup of your IPC's AsBuilt.
Then install the buttons and the new to you IPC
Push the backup into the new IPC.
Open the SCCM config up in FORScan and change the RH buttons to the other available choice - If I'm remembering correctly, there are only 2 choice for RH steering wheel switches.

Clear codes and that should be it
Thank you... Just waiting on my new button. Cluster arrived on Friday.

5G Dan-O

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Button install is pretty straight forward.
I found it was just as easy to pop the steering wheel off and work on the bench as it was to stand on your head to find all the little screws that retain the trim plate around the switches.
Sponsored