First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT 4x4 / 2020 Ford Edge ST-Line
Occupation
Pharmacy Consultant
Just got mine swapped over and noticed a problem. There seems to be a manufacturing defect in my left Lariat headlight. :( The reflector inside the turn signal housing seems to be missing completely. Not broken, just...gone. Ugh. I didn't even notice the difference until I got them all the way in. They both work perfectly, it just makes the driver turn signal dimmer.

IMG_1974.JPEG

IMG_1975.JPEG

Aleut dude

First Name
Agafangel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2wd Ranger XL
Occupation
Warehouseman
Fixed a crack and small hole in one of my used Lariat housings using a soldering gun and a zip tie as 'filler rod'. Worked great. By the way, if you buy a used housing that doesn't have the cap on bottom you can use one off your halogen housing.
20210104_151650.jpg
20210104_153702.jpg
20210104_153807.jpg

Aleut dude

First Name
Agafangel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2wd Ranger XL
Occupation
Warehouseman
I swore a little and bled a little but I got them installed. Might go for a night ride later.
20210106_135831.jpg
20210106_160456.jpg
20210106_134551.jpg

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
So obviously most of you have changed out the assemblies and have shown pictures on the trucks. What about some pictures of the light patterns on the road? If you guys could do that it would be AWESOME!!

Jrel209

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT crew cab
This is the biggest item i want to upgrade first, just bought an xlt, didnt really need all the lariat bells/whistles but i do however wanted those sweet led headlamps. Where is everyone getting theirs? Just off ebay or yall finding them at pickNpulls etc. i checked ebay they all appear to be almost $800-1200 for pair.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
This is the biggest item i want to upgrade first, just bought an xlt, didnt really need all the lariat bells/whistles but i do however wanted those sweet led headlamps. Where is everyone getting theirs? Just off ebay or yall finding them at pickNpulls etc. i checked ebay they all appear to be almost $800-1200 for pair.
Still better than $1600 each new.

Swishpapasweets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT,1998 Ford Ranger XLT
I paid 500 for both of mine though one had two tabs and some scratches so I talked the seller down on that and the other was better but had one top tab so knocked off 100 off it

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
Keep scanning eBay - I got mine for $200 each. and they do of course have broken tabs.
But worked w/o issue
And this is a GREAT mod.

cfhgarza

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Magnetic XLT 301A
Occupation
Press and weld set-up
I've done the swap and now I occasionally get a hyper flash on the dash. The turn signals themselves appear to flash correctly. Anyone else had this after the swap?
Just trying to determine if it's the Forscan, the headlights or something else

Dahveed

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT 4x4 / 2020 Ford Edge ST-Line
Occupation
Pharmacy Consultant
I've done the swap and now I occasionally get a hyper flash on the dash. The turn signals themselves appear to flash correctly. Anyone else had this after the swap?
Just trying to determine if it's the Forscan, the headlights or something else
Unless you swapped your bulbs, the Lariat lights still use incandescent bulbs for the turn signals. Maybe the harness for the headlamp isn't plugged in snug?

Only the dash will hyperflash. Even if you install LED turn signals, the bulbs flash the normal rate, but the dash flashes twice as fast.

cfhgarza

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Magnetic XLT 301A
Occupation
Press and weld set-up
Unless you swapped your bulbs, the Lariat lights still use incandescent bulbs for the turn signals. Maybe the harness for the headlamp isn't plugged in snug?

Only the dash will hyperflash. Even if you install LED turn signals, the bulbs flash the normal rate, but the dash flashes twice as fast.
I just have incandescents installed. I think I'm getting moisture in a connection somewhere. Once it warms up a little I'm going to go through and check all connections and maybe replace the turn signal bulbs

Chalupajones

First Name
John-Dominic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Facility Technician
I upgraded the xlt to lariat lights. In forscan it’s not allowing me to set DRL to dedicated LED. What do I need to change specifically for it to work correctly?

Update: I changed “Allowed DRL options” to “+ Dedicated DRL” and “DRL configuration” to “Dedicated DRL” and that did it for me.

Last edited:

Rotorwash

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT, 2012 F150 Platinum
Ok, newbie here. If I read all of this correctly, I can purchase the Ranger Lariat LED headlights and install on my XLT and they will work? I also see mention of the DRL settings, how and where do you access or change?

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
Ok, newbie here. If I read all of this correctly, I can purchase the Ranger Lariat LED headlights and install on my XLT and they will work? I also see mention of the DRL settings, how and where do you access or change?
Yes they will work. For the driving lights to be corrected you would have to change some of the programming in the BCM with ForScan.

One other option you have is to buy the alpha Rex headlights that are way lower in cussed and are a projector housing.
Sponsored