First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(Ruby) 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat 4X4
Occupation
retired
When we bought or Ranger we decided that the XLT was the right choice for us. We HATED the dash on the Lariat, didn't want/need the leather seating, and the push button start is more of an annoyance for my wife on her job. The only thing that we really wanted were the headlamps that are on the Lariat. I did a bunch of research and decided that we weren't going to be happy replacing the XLT headlamp bulbs with LED's. I had LED's replacements in the past and always had issues with beam pattern. Also, our Ranger lives in the dirt 75% of the time and running with no dust-covers isn't an option. We decided to bite the bullet and upgrade to the Lariat headlamps. It's not cheap but since I work at a Ford dealer I can get them a whole lot cheaper than retail. Now we have a Ranger that is no longer missing the only thing we regretted not having. If any forum members would like to order the Lariat headlamp assemblies then message me and I will get you the best deal out there. Here is a video of the installation. Sorry if the quality isn't the best, I don't do a lot of Youtube videos.
Even with the LED bulb assembly, it still has an incandescent blinker bulb. I changed it out to this one. No need to add a resistor since it already has one built in to the bulb.
Much brighter than stock bulb.
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07Q8RZRZV/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

LED bulb photo.jpg
Sponsored

cfhgarza

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Magnetic XLT 301A
Occupation
Press and weld set-up
I know this has been resolved but I would just like to say using the old BCM settings will cause intermittent brake light failures. I had someone tell me they were out and when I pulled over and looked they were working. Second time a cop pulled into a parking lot a told me. Sure enough they were out.

Just a safety FYI for everyone.

Try these instead of above. This has worked (so far) to make my lights work without all the BCM issues that this configuration has been causing. Try this out.

726-26-02 needs the * number to be a 1 for factory LED xxxx xxx* xxxx

726-45-01 * numbers changed to 1000 to enable DRL xxxx **** xxxx

726-50-01 change the only 4 numbers to 108E which chooses the dedicated DRL

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
I know this has been resolved but I would just like to say using the old BCM settings will cause intermittent brake light failures. I had someone tell me they were out and when I pulled over and looked they were working. Second time a cop pulled into a parking lot a told me. Sure enough they were out.

Now that's odd! Mine is set correctly
But thanks for the heads up!

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician

What I believe you have going on is the harness acting up that was mentioned in a recall for the 2019 and possibly 2020 model year. Just something to keep in mind.

cfhgarza

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Magnetic XLT 301A
Occupation
Press and weld set-up
What I believe you have going on is the harness acting up that was mentioned in a recall for the 2019 and possibly 2020 model year. Just something to keep in mind.
I did check the the harness and didn't find anything. After I changed the BCM settings to the updated values from @slowstang I never had a problem. I will update again if anything changes

ANYABBIAT

First Name
fernando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ranger
Occupation
empleado
HELLO MY FRIEND, MY ENGLISH IS BAD AND I USE A TRANSLATOR

I BOUGHT MY RANGER XLT PETROL IN ARGENTINA, I GOT A SET OF LIGHTS FROM RANGER LIMITED (IN OTHER COUNTRIES CALLED LARIAT) I WILL ATTACH PHOTOS, THEY BRING DRL POSITION LIGHT AND XENON HID LOW LIGHT, THE PROBLEM IS THAT IF THE ENGINE IS NOT ON OPERATION THE LIGHTS WORK PERFECTLY, BUT WHEN I START THE ENGINE, AFTER APPROXIMATELY 5 SECONDS THE DRL AND XENON LIGHTS BLINK AND GO OFF.

CHANGE SOME PARAMETERS IN THE BCM MODULE WITHOUT BEING ABLE TO SOLVE THE PROBLEM, I ENTER BCM CONFIGURATION (IT IS NOT WHERE THE NUMBERS AND LETTERS ARE) I ENTER WHERE THE OPTIONS ARE TO ENABLE OR DISABLE BCM FUNCTIONS

DO YOU KNOW WHAT TO CHANGE TO SOLVE THE PROBLEM??

COORDIAL GREETINGS

IMG_8754.jpg

IMG_8837.jpg

IMG_8838.jpg

IMG_8839.jpg

floormonkey

First Name
scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ford ranger xlt fx4
Occupation
x-ray tech
Hey Gary, did you get the help you need here? I've just completed the FORscan mods and I can give you some videos and pointers from what I learned from Carl.
i used the values from post #121 and have had no luck in getting the dedicated drl to function. low beam and drl are both always on day or night. i have also tried the easy method (not as built) with no luck there either. any help or tips that you might have? i have also switched on bambi mode and turned off the seatbelt chime and door ajar chime when key is in ignition. could that be why it doesnt work?

cfhgarza

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Magnetic XLT 301A
Occupation
Press and weld set-up
Deleted.

Last edited:

cfhgarza

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Magnetic XLT 301A
Occupation
Press and weld set-up
but i have a us ranger. 2020 xlt fx4.
That's my fault I was trying to reply to the post above but I would try to go back to factory settings and start over using the easy method. Start with the headlights and once you get that working then do Bambi and seatbelt chime.

cfhgarza

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Magnetic XLT 301A
Occupation
Press and weld set-up
HELLO MY FRIEND, MY ENGLISH IS BAD AND I USE A TRANSLATOR

I BOUGHT MY RANGER XLT PETROL IN ARGENTINA, I GOT A SET OF LIGHTS FROM RANGER LIMITED (IN OTHER COUNTRIES CALLED LARIAT) I WILL ATTACH PHOTOS, THEY BRING DRL POSITION LIGHT AND XENON HID LOW LIGHT, THE PROBLEM IS THAT IF THE ENGINE IS NOT ON OPERATION THE LIGHTS WORK PERFECTLY, BUT WHEN I START THE ENGINE, AFTER APPROXIMATELY 5 SECONDS THE DRL AND XENON LIGHTS BLINK AND GO OFF.

CHANGE SOME PARAMETERS IN THE BCM MODULE WITHOUT BEING ABLE TO SOLVE THE PROBLEM, I ENTER BCM CONFIGURATION (IT IS NOT WHERE THE NUMBERS AND LETTERS ARE) I ENTER WHERE THE OPTIONS ARE TO ENABLE OR DISABLE BCM FUNCTIONS

DO YOU KNOW WHAT TO CHANGE TO SOLVE THE PROBLEM??

COORDIAL GREETINGS

IMG_8754.jpg

IMG_8837.jpg

IMG_8838.jpg

IMG_8839.jpg
I'm guessing the values you need are different from the US spec Ranger. Best bet would try to find someone with a Global Ranger that came with HID and copy their values.

floormonkey

First Name
scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ford ranger xlt fx4
Occupation
x-ray tech
That's my fault I was trying to reply to the post above but I would try to go back to factory settings and start over using the easy method. Start with the headlights and once you get that working then do Bambi and seatbelt chime.
thanks ill try that.

wilkersonar

First Name
Wilkerson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger
I can sell them to forum members for about $480 cheaper per side ($960 cheaper for the pair) than the price listed in your post. Also, if you are out of state (I'm in California) then you wouldn't pay any sales tax but there would be shipping involved. Yes, at around $2150 for the pair it isn't the cheapest upgrade but probably (subjective of course) one of the best upgrades we have done on our Ranger.
I can sell them to forum members for about $480 cheaper per side ($960 cheaper for the pair) than the price listed in your post. Also, if you are out of state (I'm in California) then you wouldn't pay any sales tax but there would be shipping involved. Yes, at around $2150 for the pair it isn't the cheapest upgrade but probably (subjective of course) one of the best upgrades we have done on our Ranger.

How much can you sell me lariat headlights for? I have ordered 2022 Ford Ranger XLT it is arriving in April and I want to replace the halogen headlight. Would the warranty still be covered if I swap them out? Can Ford Dealership do the install for me?

INDYDC

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Delivery Driver
I know its been touched on in this thread. But there are conflicting forscan settings for the xlt to lariat upgrade on here. Does anyone who has actually made the swap know the correct settings to make these lights function as intended? Have a set of lariat headlamps and install doesn't worry me, but setting things properly in the computer kinda does. Anyone with some info would be appreciated. Thanks in advance for any help.

franchiseguy

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Sales
Does anybody have a smoky substance on the inside of their XLT headlight covers?

AvockAdoo

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Engineer

Reviving an old thread...was it your actual brake light, or your running light? I was having issues with Morimoto XBs - wondering if it may be required to make the FORSCAN changes for the morimotos too - maybe it changes the way the power is sent to the lights?
Sponsored