First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
RamblinnMann said: "Like you said, the 0, 1, or 2 value basically refers to what came stock on your truck, so that's why it needs to be changed as well so that the computer knows that there's a different type of light in there. "

So, I replaced the stock headlight and fog light bulbs with LEDs on my 2020 XLT -- do I need to go into Forscan and change something?? The lights seem to work fine ....
If you only replaced the bulbs then you do not. If you replaced the entire assembly then yes
Sponsored

Buckeye2782

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT and 1998 Ranger XLT
Well I finished the swap. Shout out to @earsmccoy for the video and making it look too easy. Ha ha. My advice is just take off the skid plate then the two end valence bolts are easy. The forscan settings in post 121 work great. Thanks all for sharing the wealth of knowledge.
48DA5F4C-ED4E-4764-BFD2-8B145608A76E.jpeg
ABAC5FCE-39DE-4FA0-B2D0-69C317DBC2E2.jpeg
18020AD1-30B2-4ECE-9657-9716748D8BBA.jpeg

y2krtaf

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Aircraft mechanic
Hey Gary,

Sorry for the late reply. Those are the only three things that I changed and as far as I understand what others did as well. Everything else just leave the same!

Like you said, the 0, 1, or 2 value basically refers to what came stock on your truck, so that's why it needs to be changed as well so that the computer knows that there's a different type of light in there.
Finally got around to changing the settings and for me my error was trying to write them all at once.

Kept failing,and would not finish.

Once I figured out that I needed to write them one at a time,it worked.Don’t know if that’s the normal way,as in you have to write each line one at a time or not.But,that’s what worked for me.

Thanks again for the assist!!

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
Finally got around to changing the settings and for me my error was trying to write them all at once.

Kept failing,and would not finish.

Once I figured out that I needed to write them one at a time,it worked.Don’t know if that’s the normal way,as in you have to write each line one at a time or not.But,that’s what worked for me.

Thanks again for the assist!!
I believe you can make multiple changes to a module and do a "write all". Otherwise you need to write each change if you use the write button up by the change. You should then do a "save all" to back up your changes. Give it a new name so you don't overwrite you last save that worked.

y2krtaf

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Aircraft mechanic
I believe you can make multiple changes to a module and do a "write all". Otherwise you need to write each change if you use the write button up by the change. You should then do a "save all" to back up your changes. Give it a new name so you don't overwrite you last save that worked.
I did not do a save,since I was not sure if it was going to work..I will have to go back and do that,good tip,Thanks!

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
As much as I would love to do this to my truck I want to find someone with these so I can compare. Its nice to see difference in person.

y2krtaf

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Aircraft mechanic
As much as I would love to do this to my truck I want to find someone with these so I can compare. Its nice to see difference in person.
It is truly a big improvement.Really surprised any manufacture still uses a halogen bulb lamp anymore,especially when even brands like Kia etc have better lights..

Driving at night is a drastic improvement over stock,I am soooooooo glad I did it to my XL.
9E840DF7-A984-4A86-94ED-FCB9445DD302.jpeg

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
It is truly a big improvement.Really surprised any manufacture still uses a halogen bulb lamp anymore,especially when even brands like Kia etc have better lights..

Driving at night is a drastic improvement over stock,I am soooooooo glad I did it to my XL.
9E840DF7-A984-4A86-94ED-FCB9445DD302.jpeg
At the moment I already have led bulbs in place of the halogen buldbs but i have the feeling the Factory led woyld be much better.

USC71

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT sport
Occupation
Water Utility
Great vid. I can’t believe you have to do all that just to switch out a freakin headlight.

mapco

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone that has done the swap had issues with turn signals? When my light switch is in auto and I put the turn signal on, the speed of the flashing light seems to randomly increase and decrease. Almost as if a bulb is burned out. If I'm just sitting at a light it will be fine but if I'm braking or accelerating the faster flashing pops up randomly. It doesn't seem to happen if my light switch is off or on the manual "on" position, only auto. I did the adjustments in FORSCAN that are detailed in this thread for the LED swap.

y2krtaf

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Aircraft mechanic
Great vid. I can’t believe you have to do all that just to switch out a freakin headlight.
It’s really not that difficult though,so..

OP
OP
earsmccoy

earsmccoy

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Screw XLT FX4 Sport Package & 2016 F-150 Super Crew FX4
Well I finished the swap. Shout out to @earsmccoy for the video and making it look too easy. Ha ha. My advice is just take off the skid plate then the two end valence bolts are easy. The forscan settings in post 121 work great. Thanks all for sharing the wealth of knowledge.
48DA5F4C-ED4E-4764-BFD2-8B145608A76E.jpeg
ABAC5FCE-39DE-4FA0-B2D0-69C317DBC2E2.jpeg
18020AD1-30B2-4ECE-9657-9716748D8BBA.jpeg
Looks great! Nice job.