Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Aircraft mechanic
Gotta ask the dumb question......

‘Lights are in and look great!!!

‘’When I go to use FORScan and write,it stops and says peramiters not met and stops.Am I missing something obvious or did I forget a step.
Nevr used it before so trying to learn without completely screwing things up....

Any knowledge is deeply appreciated.

I truly need the baby steps guidance/version on how to.

If someone wants to pm instead of bore everyone else that is familiar,that would be great as well

Thanks!!!!!!!!
Sponsored

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
So I find it cool that we can have the Lariat headlights in these trucks. What I am curious about is how much the overall light improvement is compared to the halogen and drop in led bulbs? If someone might be able to compare that would be AWESOME!! Currently I have the Beamtech drop ins and i feel i can do better before I add other lights. Thanks in advance to whoever gets me the answer

y2krtaf

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Aircraft mechanic
So I find it cool that we can have the Lariat headlights in these trucks. What I am curious about is how much the overall light improvement is compared to the halogen and drop in led bulbs? If someone might be able to compare that would be AWESOME!! Currently I have the Beamtech drop ins and i feel i can do better before I add other lights. Thanks in advance to whoever gets me the answer
The lighting difference is huge!!!

I was trying to aim my new lights,and we were going to use a buddies truck as reference.I had him turn his lights on parked beside mine,then turned mine on,and it completely washed his out.
He was even blown away by the difference in light output.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

I was trying to aim my new lights,and we were going to use a buddies truck as reference.I had him turn his lights on parked beside mine,then turned mine on,and it completely washed his out.
You wouldnt happen to have some pictures would you? It would be cool if you do!!

y2krtaf

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Aircraft mechanic
You wouldnt happen to have some pictures would you? It would be cool if you do!!
I do not,as I said his lights completely dissapeared,there was none to see.

We wound up making some marks on the wall where his shined,and then used that as reference.

Stock halogens are pathetic in comparison..

Deleted member 1634

Did he have just the stock halogen bulbs though? Or did he have the upgraded LED bulbs in the reflector housing? Because there's no doubt the stock halogen bulbs are pathetic.

I think the question really comes down to whether a set of Lariat (or other not yet available projector housings) are better, or worth it, than just getting a set of LED bulbs for the XL/XLT reflector housings.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Did he have just the stock halogen bulbs though? Or did he have the upgraded LED bulbs in the reflector housing? Because there's no doubt the stock halogen bulbs are pathetic.

I think the question really comes down to whether a set of Lariat (or other not yet available projector housings) are better, or worth it, than just getting a set of LED bulbs for the XL/XLT reflector housings.
I still have the reflector housings in my truck and a while back I installed the led bulbs in it. Yes it was definitely brighter but now that I'm doing more offroad driving including at night is seems like I can do better with the Lariat headlights since they use a projector housing. If there is a lariat at my dealership im going to do a check to see how it compares.

y2krtaf

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Aircraft mechanic

Stock bulbs

RamblinnMann

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT FX4
Occupation
Design Engineer
Gotta ask the dumb question......

‘Lights are in and look great!!!

‘’When I go to use FORScan and write,it stops and says peramiters not met and stops.Am I missing something obvious or did I forget a step.
Nevr used it before so trying to learn without completely screwing things up....

Any knowledge is deeply appreciated.

I truly need the baby steps guidance/version on how to.

If someone wants to pm instead of bore everyone else that is familiar,that would be great as well

Thanks!!!!!!!!
Hey Gary, did you get the help you need here? I've just completed the FORscan mods and I can give you some videos and pointers from what I learned from Carl.

y2krtaf

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Aircraft mechanic
Hey Gary, did you get the help you need here? I've just completed the FORscan mods and I can give you some videos and pointers from what I learned from Carl.
I have not yet,and any steps,tips guidance etc,would be hugely appreciated for sure.
Shoot me the vids knowledge etc.

Thank you Carl!!!

RamblinnMann

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT FX4
Occupation
Design Engineer
I have not yet,and any steps,tips guidance etc,would be hugely appreciated for sure.
Shoot me the vids knowledge etc.

Thank you Carl!!!
This video is what I used to get started with registering FORscan and how to connect to the vehicle and everything Getting Started with FORscan

Here's the adapter that I bought to connect to the truck.

Here's the link for ELM327 Drivers that you'll need to install on your computer in order to connect the adapter to your computer properly. You can also buy their adapter, but if you don't no problem you'll just want to make sure that all the driver packs are installed based on the computer operating system you're using.

When you connect the truck, put the ignition in position 2, right before the 'engine on' position 3.

Follow Carl's codes on Post #121 and hit 'write all' once you've input the changes in all 3 rows at the bottom. Don't forget to save the factory code first though! Follow the video above to do that.

Last, once you've made the change, and cycled the ignition, it may not look like it's worked. To check that it's worked, put your lights in the auto position on the dial, make sure that daytime running light has been enabled on the dash screen (it's in the vehicle settings menu --> lighting I believe), put your ebrake on, and put the truck in neutral.

When you go and check the lights you should see the LED strip on with no headlights or tail lights on and you're done!!

Let me know if you've got any more questions.

y2krtaf

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Aircraft mechanic
This video is what I used to get started with registering FORscan and how to connect to the vehicle and everything Getting Started with FORscan

Here's the adapter that I bought to connect to the truck.

Here's the link for ELM327 Drivers that you'll need to install on your computer in order to connect the adapter to your computer properly. You can also buy their adapter, but if you don't no problem you'll just want to make sure that all the driver packs are installed based on the computer operating system you're using.

When you connect the truck, put the ignition in position 2, right before the 'engine on' position 3.

Follow Carl's codes on Post #121 and hit 'write all' once you've input the changes in all 3 rows at the bottom. Don't forget to save the factory code first though! Follow the video above to do that.

Last, once you've made the change, and cycled the ignition, it may not look like it's worked. To check that it's worked, put your lights in the auto position on the dial, make sure that daytime running light has been enabled on the dash screen (it's in the vehicle settings menu --> lighting I believe), put your ebrake on, and put the truck in neutral.

When you go and check the lights you should see the LED strip on with no headlights or tail lights on and you're done!!

Let me know if you've got any more questions.
Thanks for the reply,and the tips.

My question is,do you have to change the other settings in the BCM for all under DRLS’s also?

Nad I am still confused as to the 0 or 1 0r 2 thing with relation to if you have halogen or led? Ehat does that mean?Does it refer to if you have halogens stock and need to enter the value for that,or your going to LED or?

RamblinnMann

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT FX4
Occupation
Design Engineer
Thanks for the reply,and the tips.

My question is,do you have to change the other settings in the BCM for all under DRLS’s also?

Nad I am still confused as to the 0 or 1 0r 2 thing with relation to if you have halogen or led? Ehat does that mean?Does it refer to if you have halogens stock and need to enter the value for that,or your going to LED or?
Hey Gary,

Sorry for the late reply. Those are the only three things that I changed and as far as I understand what others did as well. Everything else just leave the same!

Like you said, the 0, 1, or 2 value basically refers to what came stock on your truck, so that's why it needs to be changed as well so that the computer knows that there's a different type of light in there.

y2krtaf

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Aircraft mechanic
Hey Gary,

Sorry for the late reply. Those are the only three things that I changed and as far as I understand what others did as well. Everything else just leave the same!

Like you said, the 0, 1, or 2 value basically refers to what came stock on your truck, so that's why it needs to be changed as well so that the computer knows that there's a different type of light in there.
Thanks man,when I get a chance,I’ll give it a whirl!

JimH

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT SuperCrew
Occupation
Retired
RamblinnMann said: "Like you said, the 0, 1, or 2 value basically refers to what came stock on your truck, so that's why it needs to be changed as well so that the computer knows that there's a different type of light in there. "

So, I replaced the stock headlight and fog light bulbs with LEDs on my 2020 XLT -- do I need to go into Forscan and change something?? The lights seem to work fine ....
Sponsored