Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
It’s cool and all - I like it but every time I see one of these, I can’t help but think of Benjamin Buford Blue.

D1F1045C-F662-4C07-9426-C7A246E299EF.jpeg

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
interesting setup. I was about to buy a rough country winch a few months back. they stand behind them and listen to customers. i didnt know armadillo made a winch capable guard. now we need videos of it in action.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Mounted up that high, if it's only held on at the tow hook attachments that thing is gonna fold like a pair of 3's under stress.

JesseS

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4, Jayco 26' Class A
Occupation
Retired, work is a four letter word.
I like it, looks awesome, now replace that heavy a$$ steel cable with synthetic and lose 2/3 the weight, no whiplash and just as strong :)

OP
OP
erniek

erniek

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger, 1997 F150, 2013 MB GLK 350, Fatboy
Occupation
Retired Navy
If you had a clue you might ask how it is custom mounted. Heavy duty brackets ran to the number mounts. Extra supports from the winch plate back to the tow hooks. It doesn’t fold. So until you know the equipment you are judging, just keep your comments to your self. It is also mounted on a 1986 keep winch plate. Now let’s look at your truck and see where it will fold at. Some folks know it all. I didn’t just start building 4 x 4 s yesterday.

OP
OP
erniek

erniek

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger, 1997 F150, 2013 MB GLK 350, Fatboy
Occupation
Retired Navy
That’s strange. I didn’t see any pics of your beefed up rig. Do you really have one

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Milkman
If you had a clue you might ask how it is custom mounted. Heavy duty brackets ran to the number mounts. Extra supports from the winch plate back to the tow hooks. It doesn’t fold. So until you know the equipment you are judging, just keep your comments to your self. It is also mounted on a 1986 keep winch plate. Now let’s look at your truck and see where it will fold at. Some folks know it all. I didn’t just start building 4 x 4 s yesterday.
That’s strange. I didn’t see any pics of your beefed up rig. Do you really have one
I'm going to assume you're talking to me, even though you weren't man enough to quote me.

If you notice I said "if."

That brush gaurd is an off the shelf unit designed to mount to the towhook mounts only like all the other brush guards, no? And if as you said, you had to make custom mounts to reinforce it, how would anybody know that without you pointing it out?

Why would you be so sensitive about something that you failed to mention?

Danager

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Edge
Occupation
Manager
Must be replying to post #7? I cannot see it so it must be from one of about 3 members I’ve blocked/ignored. Keeps the blood pressure down.

I was going to say, that looks like a hell of a mount. I really don’t know what it takes to make it winch worthy. I bet fewer people cut you off though!

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Milkman
Really don't know what the drama is all about.

If the OP did indeed reinforce the Armadillo Brush Gaurd to mount a winch he and I are in FULL agreement.

We both looked at that thing and said, "there's no way that'll support a winch."

Dereku

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Project Manager
I have no comment other than Fulcrum points are a thing. Putting this pair of 3's down, this is fresh.
Sponsored