First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
What was your issue, out of curiosity? If you message their CS on web, you're taking to my buddy Jed.
See, this is the issue you fail to understand.

While Jed may be your buddy, and he may bend over backwards to tell you how awesome he is, he's not everybody's "buddy."

You seem to have a real problem distinguishing casual friendships and business relationships. Odd for a person who thinks of himself as a journalist. :wink:

Wes Siler

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WesSiler.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2020 Toyota Land Cruiser
Occupation
Writer
See, this is the issue you fail to understand.

While Jed may be your buddy, and he may bend over backwards to tell you how awesome he is, he's not everybody's "buddy."

You seem to have a real problem distinguishing casual friendships and business relationships. Odd for a person who thinks of himself as a journalist. :wink:
This level of discourse is really unfortunate. Am I wrong to feel really discouraged when one or two trolls continue to devolve conversations on this forum?

wetidlerjr

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger XLT, SCrew, FX4, Shadow Blk, Blk App Pkg
Occupation
Retired Railroad Construction Signalman
This level of discourse is really unfortunate. Am I wrong to feel really discouraged when one or two trolls continue to devolve conversations on this forum?
I wouldn't worry about it. From what I've seen, I think you can handle it. :like:

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
You should write an article about it.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
It's sad that when presented with a viewpoint that's contrary to the one you have cultivated in your head your first instinct is to call names.

It's also a bit funny.

What a sad clown.

Friday yet?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Tremor, Focus ST
Occupation
Corporate drone. Dilbert's world is alive & well.
I was checking this thread out of interest for toppers. But i think I'm done with this one now.

kieefer

First Name
keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2WD SuperCab - 97 BMW M3
Occupation
Retired
@ouroboros87 guess you put Leer in the same category as ARE, I personally like these.

myothercarizahearse

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX 4x4 w/ GFC V2, 1987 Caddy hearse
Occupation
Unretired
What was your issue, out of curiosity? If you message their CS on web, you're taking to my buddy Jed.
Jed is obviously a twit who can't answer emails or phone calls for an entire year

I won't get into the original post on here that says no to GFC and he wants something water tight.

...or the leaking tents, broken locks(lasted 7 months for me), peeling powder coat(10 months), half the screws holding the frame together were loose on delivery(really?WTF) 375 days into my wait I get a call to schedule my install for a ranger with 5' bed(from deposit it was for 6')

...and I won't get into taking my money in December knowing that the V2 rollout is coming in a month and my build would be pushed from February to May,June and finally to the very end of July. that sound familiar? like a lawsuit for a camper that was never delivered but paid for? you have great ethical friends

Last edited:
OP
OP
ouroboros87

ouroboros87

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
Occupation
Business Analyst
@ouroboros87 guess you put Leer in the same category as ARE, I personally like these.
From what I’ve seen of the fiberglass toppers, Leer and ARE are probably the best options. Seen a lot of complaints about Snugtop quality. Fiberglass toppers just seem way more oriented towards sleeping in the bed than they do to gear storage and it’s hard to imagine paying so much for one just to have to modify the shit out of it.

myothercarizahearse

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX 4x4 w/ GFC V2, 1987 Caddy hearse
Occupation
Unretired
no reply about how great they are and must not have been Jed huh?... costomer service gives no response and now brand ambassadors give no response. I couldn't even get a reply from your buddy Wiley

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
I enjoy my ARE CX classic with outdoorsman windows, I think it looks quite nice. The outdoorsman option helps you get stuff out from deep in the bed from the side of the truck. Just something to consider. Let me know if you want more pics or info.

Noface

First Name
Jes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Occupation
Nerd
I dig my GFC, have not had any technical issues since purchase. Its fit is spot on and I dig that it has T-tracks by default so I can mount about anything I can think of.

It’s not perfect as it’s pretty rare that anything made for a large user base will be. In the rangers case with the RTT, the platform water drainage will go into you rear windows if down. Pretty easy item to deal with but sucked the first time I experienced it.

I personally prefer the simple industrial design and ruggedness of the GFC over the angular RSI, so that was an easy choice for me. I have not ran into issues being blocked by the side support bars for my purposes but I could imagine the uses cases for the RSI design.

I had a fiberglass topper prior and it was sufficient but it’s fit was far from great.

It seems there are several on this forum that love to throw shade at @Wes Siler because his profession and the relationship building of that profession. Personally I see it as a win for us ranger owners as he is invested in both the ranger, GFC, and his reputation. If I run into issues, I’m going to annoy the heck out of him.

Wes Siler

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WesSiler.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2020 Toyota Land Cruiser
Occupation
Writer
no reply about how great they are and must not have been Jed huh?... costomer service gives no response and now brand ambassadors give no response. I couldn't even get a reply from your buddy Wiley
I'd imagine this is one of those cases where there's more than one side to the story. I'll just leave it there.
Sponsored