What's the deal with Toyota order process.

Cohnhead'73

First Name
Gooby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ranger Lariat, '23 Chrysler 300, '13 FiestaSE
Occupation
Retired: Ford Motor Co
Since Ford is no longer making cars here in in the USA I'm being forced to shop other car makers. I am contemplating replacing my 2012 Taurus.
I am looking for a V6, FWD, no turbo sedan. That has led me to the dark side: Toyota. Yikes. I've never owned a "foreign" vehicle.
I have found a candidate in the 2023 Camry XLE V6 that offers what I am looking for. The problem is the lack of dealer stock. I went to the Toyota build and price site and built the Camry I'm interested in, a bone stock XLE V6 model with no options or premium packages.
I called several dealers and was told you can't place a factory
order, that Toyota decides what vehicles to send to each dealer.
Has anyone encountered this with Toyota? Or any other manufacturer.
Sponsored

OldBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Ford Ranger 3.slow XL 2wd
Occupation
Officially Retired but busier than ever !
I never heard of toyota saying you can't order? Those dealers sound like dickwads.
My experience with our local Toyota Dealers is they are all &%^$s . The attitude they give off is pretty much " so you think you want to buy a Toyota do you, well that's going to cost you". They are elitist snobs who think their $%!T doesn't stink. In my career I was a road warrior that burned through 50 thousand miles a year. I bought a lot of cars and the worst car I ever owned was a Toyota Corolla. Saturns were almost indestructible .

underwhelmed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SC XLT FX4, 1998 Jeep Cherokee XJ
Occupation
Retired Military
Vehicle Showcase
I posted on the General Auto forum. I thought people on this site had purchased other brands of automobiles besides a Ford. My bad.
it’s those reasonable assumptions you made…they’ll get you every time around here. ?

Friday yet?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Tremor, Focus ST
Occupation
Corporate drone. Dilbert's world is alive & well.

Friday yet?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Tremor, Focus ST
Occupation
Corporate drone. Dilbert's world is alive & well.
Just go buy a washing machine. Probably be more exciting.

Just sayin...

SDXLT

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT FX4
Toyota doesn’t take custom orders outside of fleet. Not for nothing but there isn’t a car that’s made in USA anymore. They may be assembled here but not all the parts are American. They are sourced all over the globe then brought in for assembly.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
In case you were wondering any car manufacturer that isn't General Motors or Ford will not have a vehicle truly made in the United States. It's is due to the way that manufacturer gets taxes and is therefore still considered built on Foreign Soil. Just some food for thought

Clank

First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT Sport Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Registered Nurse
Vehicle Showcase
In case you were wondering any car manufacturer that isn't General Motors or Ford will not have a vehicle truly made in the United States. It's is due to the way that manufacturer gets taxes and is therefore still considered built on Foreign Soil. Just some food for thought
Some silverados and sierras are made in Mexico.

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
In this thread: people who have gone their whole life and never realized that Japanese cars were infinitely better quality than american made for pretty much since the Japanese discovered how to make cars.

Get ready to have your mind blown;

They also make some of the best firearm optics in the entire world and pretty much anything electronic. They also gave the world cartoons with giant fighting robots and chicks with huge breasts, often both combined.

SigOris

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Crew Cab
Occupation
Retired
In this thread: people who have gone their whole life and never realized that Japanese cars were infinitely better quality than american made for pretty much since the Japanese discovered how to make cars.

Get ready to have your mind blown;

They also make some of the best firearm optics in the entire world and pretty much anything electronic. They also gave the world cartoons with giant fighting robots and chicks with huge breasts, often both combined.
big like this

IMG_0186.jpeg
Sponsored