Toyota revealed an electric truck to compete with the F-150 Lightning and Rivian R1T

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Toyota is now jumping into the EV truck market which looks to be the size of the Tacoma. If true this would be interesting to see what Ford does with the next Gen Ranger. Would they go PHEV or all EV now? ?

https://www.businessinsider.com/toyota-electric-pickup-truck-f50-lightning-tacoma-rivian-2021-12

Toyota hasn't released any details about the pickup, like when it'll arrive, how much it'll cost, or how big it'll be. It would make sense to launch an electric version of the Tundra to compete with upcoming battery-powered full-size trucks like the Ford F-150 Lightning and Chevrolet Silverado EV. But this pickup looks more Tacoma-sized.

That could be a smart move, too, since the gas-powered Tacoma crushes all other midsize pickups in the US, while the Tundra isn't nearly as popular as its rivals out of Detroit. Right now, the only electric pickup you can buy is the midsize R1T, the inaugural truck from California startup Rivian.

EV Toyota Truck.jpg

EV Toyota Truck2.jpg
Sponsored

Jrel209

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT crew cab
The lines on that look cool…. Not a fan of the color, but holy crap if thats what comes out id probably buy it. Very similar to current tacoma. Not a fan of the rivian and dont want a full size.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
The lines on that look cool…. Not a fan of the color, but holy crap if thats what comes out id probably buy it. Very similar to current tacoma. Not a fan of the rivian and dont want a full size.
Besides the ugly grille I kind of like it.

Jim C

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger
Toyota is now jumping into the EV truck market which looks to be the size of the Tacoma. If true this would be interesting to see what Ford does with the next Gen Ranger. Would they go PHEV or all EV now? ?

https://www.businessinsider.com/toyota-electric-pickup-truck-f50-lightning-tacoma-rivian-2021-12

EV Toyota Truck.jpg

EV Toyota Truck2.jpg

[/QUOTE

EV Toyota Truck.jpg

EV Toyota Truck2.jpg

but are they charging a monthly fee to use the charging cables

slowmachine

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler, waiting for a Ranger PHEV
I think it’s a fine idea for Toyota. However, it is a concept, as opposed to an actual truck like an F150 Lightning or a Rivian. Toyota is rarely early to market with anything.

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
I think it’s a fine idea for Toyota. However, it is a concept, as opposed to an actual truck like an F150 Lightning or a Rivian. Toyota is rarely early to market with anything.
Well after a spell of time Ford decided to bring back the Ranger before embarking on EV trucks. So will Toyota bring back the Celica or Supra before they introduce an EV? Don’t hold your breath!

slowmachine

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler, waiting for a Ranger PHEV
concepts are cute. but lets see them actually make something battery powered besides the Prius
It’s good to give credit where it’s due. Toyota has 10 different electrified models now, with 2 PHEVs among them. This is not counting the Lexus models, which are far from badge-engineered Toyotas. I’m on my third Prius now, a 2021 Prius Prime PHEV. Toyota practically owns this market sector, and I expect their full EVs to be every bit as good.

Jason B

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XL STX SE 4x2
Occupation
machinist

JACKSMYDOG

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4 Black
Occupation
Retired
It moved. :LOL:

I love it ? but much darker. Green, burgandy, charcoal or black.
Sponsored