What kind of mud flaps is everyone using.

landiscarrier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat, Focus ST
Occupation
Sales
Weathertech. Perfect molded fit. No drill. Super easy to install. Durable. Look great!
Sponsored

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
Weathertech. Perfect molded fit. No drill. Super easy to install. Durable. Look great!
Same here. I've used Weather Techs on several trucks, and they do what they are supposed to do with easy installation.

MTBranger

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4, 1994 Miata K-swap
Occupation
Design Engineer/ Racecars
Rockblockz, good price and seem flexible enough to deal with offroad use in the future.

JKocot

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SCrew FX4, 2018 Explorer Sport
Occupation
Senior Systems Engineer/Former Marine
OEM mud flaps for me.

Blue Streak

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL STX FX 2021 Honda CR V
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I used my Ford pass points & got the OEM. Like others have said nice fit & blend wright in with the truck.

DSCN8286.JPG

DSCN8284.JPG

Sped68

First Name
Harley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
I put the Rokblokz XL splash guards on my truck as well. Not sure what your plans are but they are very low profile so if your upsizing your tires they shouldn’t rub quite as easy. I’m running a 275/65 r18 tire with 1” spacers and they don’t rub at all.

9C9D408F-972B-49A0-9CFD-95DB0320575C.jpeg

97A8C26D-4D45-4194-B740-F722C81EBF5F.jpeg

sal33n

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2018 Alfa Stelvio, 2016 Mustang GT
Standard size Rokblokz here. Just installed them a couple days ago. Looks good. Pretty simple install.

JaysOnTheEDGE

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2021 Escape SEL AWD
i got the gatorbacks here as posted by DMax set them to sit out a little from the fender. they help keep all the stuff off the side of the truck. found some yellow road paint on the back of one of them that would have made it to the side of my truck otherwise

Dmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
i got the gatorbacks here as posted by DMax set them to sit out a little from the fender. they help keep all the stuff off the side of the truck. found some yellow road paint on the back of one of them that would have made it to the side of my truck otherwise
They're bullet proof and look great. I've had differing kinds on differing vehicles over the years. I wanted something that could do it all and look good. I don't off road a ton, but if i did maybe I wouldn't go with these. I'm more concerned about keeping the shit off my truck.

apotocki

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Network Force Analyst
Vehicle Showcase
Just wonder what kind of splash guards is everyone using. New to the site and my Ranger and I think I want to put mud flaps on.
Well....it kinda depends on how you use your truck, the set up you have, and the amount of 'protection' you want.
Since my truck is pretty much only gonna see pavement, I went with the OEM molded flaps - very easy install, looks good, and provides some protection.

Toytec

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT 302a S/cab 4X4 w/diff lock MG
Occupation
Automotive technician, Retired.
Vehicle Showcase
The Weathertechs do rub slightly with a bigger tire than stock due to the bulge on the front flaps FYI. Not enough to concern me though, they're great IMO.

Frog9z

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
I enjoyed reading this thread and the two that Ranger Rocks linked. I've had the traditional mud flaps from Farm & Fleet that bolted on past trucks because of big tires and muddy gravel roads.

Weather techs were put on my previous mid size and they fit great and meshed with factory fender flares good. Problems was they did not keep crap off the side. Funny, the factory splash guards would not fit with factory fender flares! I ordered Chevy fender flares and Chevy splash guards from dealer and had them put them on. They said they wouldn't fit together without body shop modifying them which they knew what to do and would look good so I said proceed. They called back and said they damaged them. Before I could reply they said if I was okay they would order weather techs. Those fit with the fender flares as is and said no charge for any of the splash guards or work. I have to credit the Chevy dealer for that. I don't know if Chevy changed that or not. This was back in 2015.

The weather techs would hold slush and freeze but I credit them they as they held great with some extreme cold winter temps we had for a week and some good snows/slush. I had that truck bouncing and banging through corn stalks(my extreme four-wheeling :giggle:) too. I always took a boot to them to knock the ice and mud off and they never broke.

I have no plans to put guards on this truck but if I do I will do the Rokblokz as would want something more flexible. i am thinking this for my next full size need as well!
Sponsored