What Is the Name/Nickname of Your Ranger?

mlarma

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT 4x2
Occupation
Computers/Networks
Mine’s been Big Blue from day one. It’s WiFi hotspot (if I ever turn it on) is called Big Blue as well.

Had a 2007 Expedition EL and called it The Beast. (From 2007 to 2016). Coincidentally, it was built in same plant as Big Blue if Wikipedia is correct (just 2007-2008 from what I could tell).

2020FRL

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat, 2014 Harley Tri Glide
Occupation
Retired
Named mine Jennifer, means white phantom.

%22Jennifer%22 Badging .jpeg

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Being a proud Canadian, I called my Ranger True North. I even used the name in forum discussions and in my Build Thread. Then I found out GMC badged a Silverado “True North Edition”. Crap!

I stewed about it for a bit and tried to think of a new name, asked a forum moderator if I could change the title of my build thread, I even ran a poll seeking advice on whether or not to change the name.

A forum member, @Swingpure, posted a reply telling me to keep the name, that it stands on its own and it’s a proud name.

He’s right - the name does stand on its own and it carries tremendous nationalistic meaning. Canada is a Northern country that embodies Truth - and it’s a nation that is guided by solid principles; it has found its “True North”, so to speak.

So, I’ve kept the name and proudly use it in posts and in my Showcase.

Meet True North...

72140F41-EC39-4F67-9803-07CDAC8BF2A2.jpeg

Rock76

First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase
Well, my grandfather passed away around the same time that I bought the Ranger, and we have a family name that's always some form of "Rock," due to our surname. He was known as Little Rock or Rocky, I'm simply Rock. Since I call my wife Pebble and we call her Civic is Flintsone, yeah she married into it, lol, I figured I'd honor my grandfather by naming the Ranger Lil Rocky.

Originally, I was going to name it something Star Wars related, but everyone that knows me, knows that I'm obsessed with it already, and spend WAY too much money on it also. Between collecting and adding things to Lil Rocky, I'm surprised my lights are still on!! ???

IMG_20201126_152411.jpg

jpr9954

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.onlygunsandmoney.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT SuperCrew 4X4
Occupation
Financial Services
Since my Ranger XLT is in Iconic Silver, I guess it was only natural to name it "The Lone Ranger". I plan to have my daughter who is handy with a Cricut Maker make a decal for the rear window that says, "Hi-Yo Silver, Away!"

I know it is kind of corny but it was the first thing that came to mind when I saw my Ranger.

Long Ranger.JPG

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Since my Ranger XLT is in Iconic Silver, I guess it was only natural to name it "The Lone Ranger". I plan to have my daughter who is handy with a Cricut Maker make a decal for the rear window that says, "Hi-Yo Silver, Away!"

I know it is kind of corny but it was the first thing that came to mind when I saw my Ranger.

Long Ranger.JPG
Not corny at all.

For accuracy sake though, your sticker should read...

"HI-Ho Silver, Away!"

Lady I once worked with had "If your going to ride my ass, at least pull my hair" PAINTED on her tailgate.

I asked her for weeks "if my what is going to ride her ass?" Came in one day to see it primered over.

Wouldn't want anybody laughing at the Lone Ranger.

port43

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
childrescuecoalition.org
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX FX4, 2017 Lincoln MKX, 2008 Harley XL 1200N, 1972 Pontiac LeMans Convertible
Occupation
Secret agent, man
Amber

port43

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
childrescuecoalition.org
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX FX4, 2017 Lincoln MKX, 2008 Harley XL 1200N, 1972 Pontiac LeMans Convertible
Occupation
Secret agent, man