What is something you love, and something you dislike about the Ranger?

Three Ponies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT, 2000 Mustang GT convertible, 1973 Restomodded Mustang Convertible, 1962 Thunderbird
I love the visibility I have in traffic and not being so worried about crappy roads as I was with my previous cars. I can put on my turn signal and actually change lanes without someone trying to close off the gap, most of the time. I commute into NYC almost every day. I really like being in a truck again after 14 years of cars. There is something about kicking the gas pedal and having a nice torquey response from the engine, it's addictive.

I don't like the shudder on take off and hope when the TSB kit comes in the problem will be solved. I also don't like the "engine noise enhancement", I like a quiet cab.
The TSB is out! I just found it on this site. Software issue. Mine goes in on Monday.

Pat Herbert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 corvette and a 2019 Ranger
There are a couple things missing that would make the truck perfect for me,
1. No heated steering wheel. I work construction and it is nice after working outside all day in the winter.
2. 6 foot bed with a supercab. Toyota has it. Ranger should also.
3. Synch3 sucks. Not as bad as wifes 2017 escape but still sucks.
4. And my biggest gripe is the back seat. I keep kids car seat in all the time. Split back seat bottom so I can actually get to stuff without removing carseat. And make it flat folding with a plastic back. Tie down points on seatback would be an added bonus.
Living in Tampa my steering wheel is always heated, could use a cooling feature! My wife has a 2017 Escape, sync does suck even worse on it.

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
New dislike.

Recently switched to iPhone from Galaxy S8.

Now Waze does NOT play nice with Sync. It had no issues on Android.

I keep getting the error where the prompt volume is the only volume you can adjust.

This is apparently a common issue.

I'm pretty sure that it is Sync because the Apple Carplay on my Kenwood and Pioneer head units never have this problem.

It makes Waze basically unusable and that makes me unhappy.

Found a couple of tips that I will try (set phone to vibrate only and set Waze settings to use phone speaker instead of Device Default)

Also, the iPhone is a bummer compared to the Galaxy but that is a different discussion.

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
Also, the iPhone is a bummer compared to the Galaxy but that is a different discussion.
Some here would say that you need a damper for your iPhone :rolleyes::LOL:

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Some here would say that you need a damper for your iPhone :rolleyes::LOL:
Well, the iPhone certainly came with it's own enthusiasm damper...

Old and new

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT 1994 Ranger base
Occupation
Truck driver
I'm new here and I'd like to thank everyone that contributes to the forum.

I'd say I'm in love with the drivetrain. I like engines that don't rev to the limiter just to get power. I don't think it ever goes over 2k rpms. I'm averaging 18.8 over the last 600 miles. (Hand calculated)All local under 40 mph. That was 14.5 in my frontier.

Dislikes. Having to hit the a/c recirculate button everytime I start the truck. I live in Texas. I don't need hot dirty air running through the system. The other is the auto start stop. I'm going to order the plug for that crap.

KJRR

First Name
KJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford Ranger, '14 Ford Edge, '74 VW Type 181
Occupation
Professional Curmudgeon
Lets see,
likes - power windows, power steering, power brakes, AC, heat, reliability...
dislikes - the cost and not driving it enough :LOL:
I'm comparing the Ranger to my first car, a '72 VW Beetle. Amazing how far we have come and expectations. All point of reference.
Sure I could pick nits like Sync3 funkiness, one touch power windows, no tailgate damper... but I usually pick vehicles according to needs first, wants are far down the list. This is the first vehicle since I was young and single that I moved the wants further up the list. The Ranger check the right boxes and I'm enjoying the heck out of it. :like:

Igor

First Name
Igor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger 2020 XLT 4x4 Sport
One thing I would complain about is the lights control dial. I like it to be on Auto. But it is placed so low, that when you enter the cabin it is easily can be moved by knee and switched to always ON. The same as my Escape.

Clump

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer ST former 2021 Ranger Lariat Tremor
Took the Ranger on a 250+ mile trip a couple of days ago.

Love -
Adaptive Cruise Control.
Gas mileage

Don't enjoy -
My knee against the console

Bproctor

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 2WD
Occupation
NC National Guard
I actually appreciate the location of the oil filter and the fact that Ford engineers incorporated the use of channels to direct the oil to drop where a catch would be placed anyways. The oil and filter change on this is a breeze in comparison to many vehicles I am accustomed to servicing; former BMW Tech, and more recently Porsche Tech. Of course experiences and preferences vary, so, to each their own. Thanks for sharing!
I changed the oil myself this weekend for the first time. Other than having to remove that rubber shield the filter was very easy to change. I thought I was going to have to remove the tire from other post that I read, but that wasn't the case. I really liked that the bottom of the filter dropped into the tray so I could change my hand position and pull it out without making a mess.

Bproctor

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 2WD
Occupation
NC National Guard
While there are a couple minor complaints, I absolutely love my truck. If I had to really claim to dislike anything it would be how comfortable I am in the seat. After about an hour drive I could easily fall asleep in it.
Sponsored