Is there supposed to be something up here...

stevensc

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger 2019 XLT
Occupation
Retired seller of Sugar Cane Equipment
That's where my dash buds live. I was thinking of filling it with water so it looked like they were at a pool. :like:

IMG_6913.jpg
If you do please do us all a favor get rid of those guys and add a couple of sunbathing bikini dolls and maybe a small palm tree.
Steve W

Rocketeer61

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
It's to hold your smartphone. It's oversize and slippery so your phone sliding back and forth keeps you awake as all the tech tries to lull you to sleep.

Rocketeer61

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
If you do please do us all a favor get rid of those guys and add a couple of sunbathing bikini dolls and maybe a small palm tree.
Steve W
Or maybe a miniature toy of your truck?

Lone

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Hot Pepper
Steve W
Haven't been able to find dash-size guys in bikinis, but I like the way you think. These guys have been with me for very long time and I kind of like them. And, I'll leave the small palm tree suggestion alone. Thanks for the input. :clap:

Summerwind

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Larait 4x4
Occupation
Retired
Bought this on Amazon. when laid into the tray nothing will slide around.
JIMISHA Anti Slip Pad Magic Sticky Gripping Pad Sticky Gel Pad Multifunctional Fixate Gel Pads Non-Slip Mounting Pad Cell Pad, 6.3 x 5.1 inch (2 Pack)

JACER

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired Firefighter
Ah, no. I think ya'll missed it. That tray was created by forward thinking Ford engineers to hold the masks we are wearing these days. All that UV light coming through the windshield is an excellent germacide!!!

FYI: These facts have not been proven & I know nothing, as Sgt Schultz said back in the day!!!

Toytec

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT 302a S/cab 4X4 w/diff lock MG
Occupation
Automotive technician, Retired.
Vehicle Showcase
Someone was nice enough here to give some nice dimensions for it. I used felt padding 1/8" thick with sticky backing to help things from sliding around. Fit perfect.

Ranger Dash Tray Dimensions Final.jpg

XR1200

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XL 4WD Supercab
The reason I'm asking is because I was looking at this product:
https://www.builtrightind.com/products/builtright-industries-dash-mount-2019-ford-ranger

I was wondering about returning to stock, and they make it sound relatively easy in the product description. Except I don't have the OEM rubber insert they describe.
I just received my Builtright dash mount. It's a nice piece, but it will make the tray somewhat unusable for any type of storage. Waiting on the last of the RAM phone mount parts to arrive before I install it.

2020 XL, so no rubber mat. If I ever go back to stock, I'll probably either buy/make a rubber mat or just get a new tray.

OP
OP
Glocker

Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2014 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I just ordered the Built right tray mount myself today. I think my CB radio will end up there and possibly a GoPro mount.