What is something you love, and something you dislike about the Ranger?

OP
OP

alazar14

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger (2019), Chevrolet Camaro 2002 Anniversary Edition
I love everything about the truck over my 2010 Ranger, except the paint quality. You can fart on it and scratch it from 5 miles away.
Very true, for me its both paint and body panels. Very crappy bodywork on this truck. Impossible to keep it looking good long-term, but I'm sure it will "function" as a truck for a very long time.
Sponsored

Apples

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Retired
I'm different!

I didn't want a 4X4 as I don't drive where I would need one. If it snows here (Roswell, NM), I just stay home! And, I don't off road. I do occasionally haul more than just me, so the crew cab was the choice. I didn't need all of the fancy-dance extras, so I got an XLT with the Sync upgrade package, and the trailer towing package. Best of all, I saved about 350 pounds of weight.

After adding Ford's exhaust and performance package, and the Roush intake system, I'm up there with the stock F150 Eco-Boost trucks.

JimH

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT SuperCrew
Occupation
Retired
I only have one "dislike" -- the center armrest is too far back. I'm used to resting my arm while driving and I've found it's not as comfortable as my 2005 F-150 was. Otherwise, I love everything else about the truck!!

J Haggerty (RADAR1)

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Supercrew I4, 2017 Dodge Durango SXT V6, 2004 Dodge Dakota SLT V8
Occupation
Retired USAF Air Traffic Controller
I love the style, economy, and power for towing my camper.
Do not like the tiny gas tank when towing my camper. Wish they had a longer bed option on the SuperCrew.

Richard Conley

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2016 Honda Accord Touring
Really like the overall style and looks of them,but really dislike the brakes.Big ole mush peddle......
that is why I picked this topic out of the "Last weeks...topics" because I think the brakes are really lacking wife's '16 Accord out stops my Ranger by orders of magnitude but consensus seems to be "that's the way they are". And I'm not happy its taking so long to get the Tune kit from Ford. Other than that I really like mine - tomorrow is it's one year anniversary :)

Pat Herbert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 corvette and a 2019 Ranger
Love the size and comfort also getting 24 mpg on the highway. Brakes do suck mushy ABS do this. Also would love a simple knob to control fan speed having to look down to push little button is dangerous. Tires are also wearing quickly. On the whole am happy with truck!!

zzapd

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Retired
My biggest dislike are the headlight and 4 wheel drive switches. I wish they were more positive in their movement. You brush against them and they move. For me that is poor design.

Britcardriver

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger FX2 Supercab 2wd
Occupation
Property maintenance
Coming off of 10 years ownership in a 2007 F150 Lariat as a daily driver and pulling utility and smaller box trailers, I'm adjusting to my compromise of a basic, under $29,000 tow vehicle for my needs (2020 4x2 XLT).
I got so spoiled with my wife's daily driver, a 2019 Edge ST (absolutely love it other than dial shift selector), that I wanted some of the new technologies the ST had.

A very basic truck, but desired creature comforts such as dual Climate control and the Sync 3.
More features would have been nice, ie. keyless access and push button start, heated/cooled seats, but my goal was a under $30k pickup that i can drive 5-6,000 miles per year for the next 10 years.
It's smooth, got the power to pull 6,000 lbs easily, the 10 speed tranny is smooth and easily selectable.

Overall, I really like the truck other than the ride height. Eagerly awaiting an aftermarket kit to drop the front 3" and rear 7" with self leveling air bags.
That, and the lack of the push in plug for the EBC. Installed my Prodigy 2 last night and my neck is still bothering me....

NoCoRanger

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 CrewCab
Occupation
Retired
I have 2019 Ranger XLT FX4 CrewCab, with 4,000 miles.
I like everything about the truck except the hard shifting transmission and a "choppy" ride. Mine is not "butter smooth" at all. and I've had it back to the dealer twice for them to diagnose and fix but no luck. Also have an open case at Ford for this issue.
For more details see my postings on the "Transmission hardshifting and not upshifting right" thread on this Forum.

DapperDean

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat Sport 4x4
Curious to see what folks love and also what folks don't like about the truck.

For me, I love the feeling of the ride, as well as the engine. It feels smooth as butter, incredibly responsive, and is truly punching above its class. Couldn't be more satisfied with its performance after one year. The engine impresses me with its get up and go nature. I was driving a payload of about 900lb a few months ago, it was such a smooth and effortless ride that I honestly forgot the wood and concrete mix was in the back. I hope it stays reliable for years to come.

The thing I really dislike about these trucks is the body panels. Man I have never been more disappointed with the "Body" quality of a vehicle. I feel like the metal in the doors in particular is so damn thin and hollow, they might as well be a soda can. Super easy to dent. If you put any pressure on the super cab doors, they literally flex. I feel like they could dent if I happen to trip and have to hold myself up by reclining on them, and I'm only 170lb! I'm sure that this was done in an effort to save on weight, which allows for such impressive towing, payload, and acceleration, but god damn the doors can feel so cheap and hollow.

What about y'all?
I love the driving position. So comfortable and in command. I dislike that there is no auto all wheel drive system offered.

I also really like the looks, the size, the power, the B&O sound system, and the fit and finish.
I also really dislike that the front passenger window doesn’t have auto up and down feature, the transmission has way too many gears, there are no steps to help us access the bed, bad rear seat mechanism and storage, and the Sync 3 interface.

Truckee Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Supercrew 4 x 4; 2015 Nissan Murano; 2019 Honda CRF 250F; 2007 Kawasaki Vulcan;
Occupation
Construction Consultant
I wish the center console and underseat storage (Crew Cab) were bigger. Push button start should be standard on most trim levels, along with HomeLink for garage doors.

Lonewolf

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Crewcab FX4
Occupation
Chemist
2019 XLT FX4 Crewcab
I am 7000 miles in after a little over 2 months owning.
I really love the power and get up and go this truck has.
Love the look. Pulls my camper great.
Transmission shifts very smooth and my brakes can put me into the dash if I press too hard....definitely not mushy.

Seem like alot of us agree the back seat needs redesigned. I had more storage under my frontier and I loved the 60/40 split my frontier had...wish the ranger had that...sometimes i just want a little more room for a box and dont want to raise the whole back seat.

Wish the bed was 6 ft in a crewcab..but was use to that as my frontier was only 5 ft also.

I do agree the body panels seem thin. When I hand wash the truck, the body panels feel like they have alot of give. They feel like they push in with just a little pressure as I am polishing.

And I still cant for the life of me understand why they didn't have a trailer brake option with the tow package already figured out....best in towing..but no factory brake controller.

but I Do not regret anything...love my Ranger!

WoodrowX

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
I have a white 2019 XLT FX4

I'm shocked no one else has mentioned the placement of the key ignition. If I have anything hanging from my keyfob, it dangles and hits my knee as I drive. Super annoying. Super-duper annoying when I'm wearing shorts.

I wish there were a way to upgrade to the push button start.

Besides that, the only other thing that I didn't know about going into the purchase was the softness of the paint. If you look at the paint wrong, it scratches or chips. I only have 6k miles on it and I have chips and paint scratches (to the metal) in multiple locations....and I haven't abused this truck...they just appear out of nowhere (seemingly).

I guess I also wish the driver's left armrest (door) were a little higher.

WaltKNJ

First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew
Occupation
Tractor trailer driver
I have a 2019 Lariat Crewcab FX4 . Overall pleased with daily use of truck. Brakes need getting used to as they seem to be mushy. Wife is always commenting on why I'm not slowing down.

In March of this year, I added the trailer brake controller. My complaint wit the design and marketing of this truck is that all the options necessary to haul at it designed towing capacity are not available from the factory and for some needs (trailer towing mirrors) are not even available from a dealer. Clip on mirrors are junk. Seriously, what were the engineers thinking? Are they even working on remedying these issues going forward?
Sponsored