What did you do WITH your Ranger today?

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
I took my Ranger to Granger Ford and traded it in on a 2024 RCSB F-150 XL 4x4 with the 5.0. I hated to let the Ranger go, but I'm getting older and the limited space (6'5" 250lbs) finally got to me. I ordered it 29 Sep 2023....just shy of an 8 month wait, and I thought the 4.5 month wait for my Ranger was bad. Oh well, it's all done now. Here's a pic of my new baby 😘🥰 I'll be on the F150Gen14 forum mostly now, but will check back in for the Jokes thread and see how Phil and y'all are doing. Take care everyone !!!

New F150.jpg
Nice!

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS degree. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
last night on 287 the 5 g and were very blessed. narrowly missed a bad car accident. someone on the south bound side of the highway crossed over to the north bound side and ran right into the cars right behind me. all of us were going 70 plus mph. happened so fast no one even hit the brakes until after the impacts. in my rear view mirror i saw cars spinning and parts going all over. a matter of second and it would have been me... still processing that one. i went back to the scene in the ditch and turned my off road lights on the scene in attempt to warn traffic that was coming. it was amazing that so many people walked away with minor injuries, including a baby that was maybe 9 months old. the car that cut across the median- its occupants were all dead. it was a silent awkward few minutes when the folks from the other cars and the small group of passer bys that stopped realized nothing we could do. i remember someone asking is everyone ok, and a man in a dodge dually said we are ok but those folks are not. his face was so pale and flat everyone knew what that meant. the folks from rhome fire / ems, police, wise county deps, Texas high way patrol, fort worth police fire and ems and others all did great they are well trained pros. drive safe my friends.

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS degree. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.
I went to a tri flow/WD-40 mix.Seems to work ok,I have to lube more often,but it doesn't pick up as much dirt.I still have my 1985 stump jumper sport.I ride 99 percent road now.
I use the Tri-Flow lubricant for the derailleur pivots and pulley bushings; WPL for the front suspension shocks and Muc-Off dry for the cassette and chain. This is my previous bike.

Lubed chain.jpg

Last edited:

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
I went to a tri flow/WD-40 mix.Seems to work ok,I have to lube more often,but it doesn't pick up as much dirt.I still have my 1985 stump jumper sport.I ride 99 percent road now.
Wait, you are in Temecula and you ride road - you should be ashamed. However, you redeemed yourself by owning that sweet ‘85 Stump Jumper! Talk about OG! 👍

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Yep,no suspension on that baby.
IMG_20240525_115105.jpg
I love it - is that an old Rhode Gear USA rear bag?

I had one of those - used it for decades!

Blackeagle

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Whitewater Rafting Guide
I spent the past week at the North Rim of the Grand Canyon.

IMG_9032.jpeg

My Ranger and Escapod teardrop trailer.

One of the days I was there I drove out to Fire Point, the North Bass Trailhead, and Point Sublime. These are on some pretty rugged dirt roads and in spots there were fallen trees that required going off-road to get around. This was definitely the most serious wheeling I've done in the Ranger, but it performed like a champ. It got me out to some great views:

IMG_9228.jpeg

From Fire Point

IMG_9251.jpeg

A view on the way to Point Sublime

The Ranger stayed on pavement the rest of the time I was out there, but there was still some beautiful scenery.

IMG_9169.jpeg

View from the lodge deck at sunset.

IMG_9096.jpeg

From the Cave Spring trail

IMG_9131.jpeg

From Point Imperial

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
It's made by Jandd.
Never heard of it but it reminded me of the pack on my old Norco Sasquatch - the Canadian answer to Specialized - vintage is about the same and folks couldn’t believe I spent over $500 for a bicycle!!!??? 🤣

18 Speeds!
Full Cro-Moly frame!
Shimano components!
Thumb shifters!
Cantilever brakes!
Bear trap pedals!
Triple chainrings!

Sa-weeeeet!

IMG_3112.jpeg

😀
Sponsored