Sponsored

What did you do WITH your Ranger today?

Chris M

Well-Known Member
First Name
Chris
Joined
Jun 11, 2020
Threads
22
Messages
4,667
Reaction score
20,625
Location
Surprise, AZ
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
Drove it to the Mecum auction to meet @AzScorpion. Traded him some boxes for auction passes. Good to meet him and Miss Annie in person and share a good time.
20240309_121259.jpg
20240309_121308.jpg
20240309_110928.webp
Sponsored

 

Friday yet?

Well-Known Member
Joined
Oct 14, 2022
Threads
49
Messages
2,572
Reaction score
11,522
Location
Tennessee
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Lariat Tremor, Focus ST
Occupation
Corporate drone. Dilbert's world is alive & well.
Spring is right around the corner so the Warden and I are starting our first project of the season. As such used the blue beauty to pick up some rocks yesterday. (Think 4"x4"x10" landscape rocks.) How many rocks? Bad ass Ranger had 1214 pounds in the bed.

They sell them by weight. Weighed the pallet. We loaded what we needed. They then reweighed the pallet and billed us the difference. Hence me knowing the exact weight. And yea, I know... with both of us in the truck and the few odds and ends I generally carry it was overloaded by about 200 pounds, versus my Tremor's capacity of 1426. I only had about 5 miles to go and took the back roads for 90% of that. Slow and easy.

So, 1214 pounds in the bed. Did it sag? Nope. Seriously. Now I'm sure it did a bit and if I'd have put a tape on it, it'd have been easily measured. But just to eyeball it would you say "Wow, bumpers dragging on that sucker!" Nope. Could I tell it was loaded? Yes, of course. But did the Ranger even care? No, not even a little bit. Not gonna lie... I was impressed. Even the Warden commented that it sure is nice to have a truck again. :clap: :inlove: (Smart woman. Smart. No wonder I love that girl.) I somewhat cracked myself up on the way home as my truck was impressing me. Found myself saying "It's a Ford F***ing Ranger!"

Got to give Ford some love here. These trucks will seriously work if/when you need them too. They are 100% truck at the end of the day.
 

9zero1790

Well-Known Member
First Name
Mark
Joined
Nov 29, 2021
Threads
50
Messages
7,143
Reaction score
24,329
Location
DFW Texas
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
technically i didnt do it with the 5g. i was tempted. i was certain we could make it... until i realized i couldnt tell where the shallow and deep spot changed after the first ten feet. the bottom is mostly rock so i wasnt worried about getting stuck just drowning out. i still think the truck would have made it. but to avoid being the jackass that ended up star of "turn around dont drown" memes for the next decade and possible recovered drowned truck out of the river fees - i shall return in summer time for my victory photo lol.
1710389435902-lg.jpg
 


OrangeStreak

Well-Known Member
First Name
Paul
Joined
Aug 18, 2020
Threads
32
Messages
3,195
Reaction score
13,984
Location
New Mexico
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.

bsr956

Well-Known Member
First Name
Brian
Joined
May 17, 2023
Threads
6
Messages
291
Reaction score
1,636
Location
Lenoir, NC
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT 4X4; 2013 Nissan Altima
Tracy!! Where's Tracy??? Dave needs help!!
 
 








Top