Sponsored

What did you do WITH your Ranger today?

subquark

Well-Known Member
First Name
David
Joined
Jan 28, 2022
Threads
11
Messages
4,566
Reaction score
23,251
Location
Portsmouth, NH
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
It's a good match for the Ranger but I have to watch carefully how they load it to keep the tongue weight from getting too heavy. I may be trading it on an aluminum landscape trailer soon though because it's too high for this old man to get the new zero turn safely up ramps and into. Plates for this one have gotten too expensive lately here in NY also and a lighter duty one is all I really need anymore.
Wow, I'm seriously jealous about an aluminum one, that'll be really nice!

Can't wait to drool over your pics of it! =)

Opt for the transparent aluminum, since that's now a real thing!

1682474918814.webp
 

Fordup

Well-Known Member
First Name
Ed
Joined
Jun 3, 2022
Threads
20
Messages
2,200
Reaction score
10,742
Location
NY
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Lariat Crew , 1966 Chevrolet Biscayne
Occupation
Retired YouTube Creator
Wow, I'm seriously jealous about an aluminum one, that'll be really nice!

Can't wait to drool over your pics of it! =)

Opt for the transparent aluminum, since that's now a real thing!

1682474918814.png
Biggest problem is the Ranger needs brakes on any trailer over 1650 pounds but manufacturers are de rating 3500 pound axles to 2990 pounds so they don't have to install brakes. Looks like either I will have to install my own brakes or find a 5200 pound axle aluminum trailer that is like a unicorn around here. Aluminum oxynitride is really a ceramic that may not last long on our bumpy roads.
 


subquark

Well-Known Member
First Name
David
Joined
Jan 28, 2022
Threads
11
Messages
4,566
Reaction score
23,251
Location
Portsmouth, NH
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
The only perk of a 2wd
For me, 2WD also means a little higher payload (very small) and less to worry about if I keep Soupie like I've kept my other cars (between 16 to 47 years).

Plus I get better air when those deputies chase after me for my late night dump runs (which I'm not saying happen).

1682511302540.webp
 

ControlNode

Well-Known Member
First Name
John
Joined
Nov 29, 2021
Threads
17
Messages
1,739
Reaction score
3,766
Location
Eastern NC
Vehicle(s)
84 Civic "2000S"/16 Focus RS/21 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Computers
For me, 2WD also means a little higher payload (very small) and less to worry about if I keep Soupie like I've kept my other cars (between 16 to 47 years).

Plus I get better air when those deputies chase after me for my late night dump runs (which I'm not saying happen).

1682511302540.png
Slightly higher payload, but 250lb lower GCWR.
 

subquark

Well-Known Member
First Name
David
Joined
Jan 28, 2022
Threads
11
Messages
4,566
Reaction score
23,251
Location
Portsmouth, NH
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
Slightly higher payload, but 250lb lower GCWR.
Not true, not for Soupie! =p

Gross Crap Waiting Run? Dump run, that is! =D

LOL, I didn't even know what GCWR was until you pointed it out.

I was so excited to learn something new that I went and took some pics, but where's mine? =(

Is it the 1882 pounds in the tire sticker?

IMG_20230426_100114331.webp


IMG_20230426_100118980.webp
 

Fordup

Well-Known Member
First Name
Ed
Joined
Jun 3, 2022
Threads
20
Messages
2,200
Reaction score
10,742
Location
NY
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Lariat Crew , 1966 Chevrolet Biscayne
Occupation
Retired YouTube Creator

MXGOLF

Well-Known Member
First Name
Mark
Joined
Dec 5, 2020
Threads
41
Messages
1,371
Reaction score
5,867
Location
Oregon
Vehicle(s)
Lucille my 2020 Ranger Lariat 4x4-2007 Yamaha FZ6 and Sammy my 2026 Maverick
Occupation
Sales / Photographer
Headed up to Jones Creek near Vancouver, WA. To play in the snow and mud.
Eric I used to ride my dirt bike up there. LOL your white truck turned brown pretty easily! Super muddy everywhere in the NW.
 

subquark

Well-Known Member
First Name
David
Joined
Jan 28, 2022
Threads
11
Messages
4,566
Reaction score
23,251
Location
Portsmouth, NH
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
Hmm, I didn't see the GCWR listing in that one but I did find this thing.

I bow to you for hauling expertise and I'm trying to decipher what it all means. My normal way is to see if it the frame bottoms out on the axle which means that we're getting close to max and if one, or both, tires pop, then I went a smidge over! Now you may think I'm being silly, but I did realize my tongue weight was a bit much when the front tires started sliding while backing down a steep driveway with that FJ40 in tow!

So on this chart I do see that 250 pound reduction (12400 vs. 12150) but isn't some of that recaptured in the payload capacity? The 209 pounds more the 4x2 can handle?

Plus the overalll lighter curb weight (which is why I get the phenomenal 16.4 mpg on my dump runs).

Too many numbers (plus all the crap in my SwingCases means I can only load a dry bag of leaves now). =D

capacities.png
 

Kristina

Well-Known Member
First Name
Kristina
Joined
Aug 6, 2022
Threads
11
Messages
681
Reaction score
5,127
Location
Estonia
Vehicle(s)
6G Raptor week 40, Wildtrak `22 2.0 diesel - sold
Came home, parked and prepared to leave, but as driver door window was open I detected ongoing DPF regeneration by smell. Ok, let’s go and burn then and count some rabbits again.
No rabbits found but one sea bird and one naked woman this time for you.
Actually this sculpture is called “The ship’s last sigh”. I don’t get it why so many sculptures are naked.
AF87855D-F1C0-45D4-8A0A-228F72A57416.jpeg

B3E95B8F-3D73-4C15-A57E-CD9403B430B5.jpeg
 
Last edited:

IdahoRanger

Well-Known Member
First Name
Steve
Joined
Sep 26, 2019
Threads
14
Messages
4,526
Reaction score
22,588
Location
Idaho
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
RETIRED
Came home, parked and prepared to leave, but as driver door window was open I detected ongoing DPF regeneration by smell. Ok, let’s go and burn then and count some rabbits again.
No rabbits found but one sea bird and one naked woman this time for you.
Actually this sculpture is called “The ship’s last sigh”. I don’t get it why so many sculptures are created naked.
AF87855D-F1C0-45D4-8A0A-228F72A57416.jpeg

B3E95B8F-3D73-4C15-A57E-CD9403B430B5.jpeg
It's not naked, it's covered in bird shit.
 

TVRangerSTX

Well-Known Member
First Name
Trevor
Joined
Oct 3, 2019
Threads
4
Messages
749
Reaction score
3,655
Location
PA
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Supercab XLT; 1969 Mercury Cougar convertible; Honda 500XL
Occupation
Bethlehem Steel/Self-Employed Metallurgist
Came home, parked and prepared to leave, but as driver door window was open I detected ongoing DPF regeneration by smell. Ok, let’s go and burn then and count some rabbits again.
No rabbits found but one sea bird and one naked woman this time for you.
Actually this sculpture is called “The ship’s last sigh”. I don’t get it why so many sculptures are naked.
AF87855D-F1C0-45D4-8A0A-228F72A57416.jpeg

B3E95B8F-3D73-4C15-A57E-CD9403B430B5.jpeg
Ahhhhhhh... (sigh)! To be a sailor:clap:
Sponsored

 
 








Top