Sponsored

What did you do to your Ranger today?

23HRPXL

Well-Known Member
First Name
Chris
Joined
Oct 14, 2023
Threads
0
Messages
86
Reaction score
374
Location
Aiken, SC
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger XL Supercab, 2014 Mustang Conv.
Occupation
Engineer
Drained and filled ULV fluid for the trans and changed spark plugs. 37k. Previously put on PPE trans pan and new filter and fluid at 15k. Shifts much better.

IMG_4312.webp
Sponsored

 

DukeCanBuildit

Well-Known Member
First Name
Duke
Joined
Jul 27, 2020
Threads
66
Messages
8,802
Reaction score
42,033
Location
Here
Vehicle(s)
XLT
Not necessarily to my Ranger but to an old, unused part from my Ranger….

I didn’t NEED an extra light in my garage but I made one anyway.

IMG_6477.webp


That dang grille was sitting in a box for six years. I knew it would finally be good for something. I had a leftover LED strip from some floating shelves I removed in the kitchen so I figured, why not.
 

got3fords

Well-Known Member
First Name
James
Joined
Apr 12, 2021
Threads
134
Messages
5,534
Reaction score
14,591
Location
22973
Vehicle(s)
2026 Marsh Gray Ranger Raptor, 1995 Harley XLH1200
Occupation
Mom Joke Professional

CTYankee

Well-Known Member
First Name
Bill
Joined
Dec 16, 2024
Threads
8
Messages
116
Reaction score
406
Location
Central MA
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Supercab
Occupation
Retired
Installed the TMAT bed slide...

20260310_153226.webp


You can't clearly see them in the photo, but the kit came with blocks that set into the star-shaped holes in the mat. They fit nicely in the recess in each side of the DeeZee box, which I can now slide clear of the tonneau cover when I need to open it.

The SwingCase clears the combined height of the BedRug and TMat with just a wee bit of lifting the front as it swings out.

It's a well-thought out kit that comes with a combination of square panels, and rectangular panels to allow customization. In this case, the main body of the mat is 4 rows of 3 regular panels across from left to right and then two narrow panels to fill out most of the bed width. The narrow row at the tailgate is made up of 4 rows of narrow panels 3 across plus the ramp/handhold pieces. The kit includes 4 stationary blocks and 2 adjustable blocks for securing cargo in place.

Plus, I have a number of panels left over that I could use elsewhere if needed since the kit is for beds 6' to 6.5' in length.
 

JoeDirt03

Well-Known Member
First Name
Joe
Joined
Jan 18, 2025
Threads
7
Messages
106
Reaction score
459
Location
Texas
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
1000006759.webp

1000007087.webp


Did a little clean up and tire rotation on the ranger today after a trip out to Big Bend.

Got under the truck and did a bit of bolt checking and inspecting to make sure nothing came loose on the trails. I read a forum about the leaf spring u bolts being loose so I thought I'd check mine. Sure enough they were all about 30 ish ft/lb low. You can see how much new threads are showing after torqued to spec. Wouldn't be surprised if they stretched over time. I'll get some new ones when I upgrade to some icon leaf packs.
 


TxOTRRanger

Well-Known Member
First Name
Clay
Joined
Jul 14, 2025
Threads
5
Messages
1,712
Reaction score
8,167
Location
Elwood, Texas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT supercrew SPORT 4X4
Occupation
Currently unemployed (beach bum)lol
1000006759.webp

1000007087.webp


Did a little clean up and tire rotation on the ranger today after a trip out to Big Bend.

Got under the truck and did a bit of bolt checking and inspecting to make sure nothing came loose on the trails. I read a forum about the leaf spring u bolts being loose so I thought I'd check mine. Sure enough they were all about 30 ish ft/lb low. You can see how much new threads are showing after torqued to spec. Wouldn't be surprised if they stretched over time. I'll get some new ones when I upgrade to some icon leaf packs.
Nice! Excellent picture!
 

Dr3wDrop

Well-Known Member
First Name
Andrew
Joined
Dec 14, 2021
Threads
42
Messages
1,279
Reaction score
2,379
Location
OHIO
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat Tremor
Had a new alignment done after questioning the shop why they didn’t look at caster with the last go around. Not sure how the toe up front changed so drastically in 2 months?

Is what they set it to good to go? I told them to hit 0.04 for both toe and they didn’t or couldn’t? Not sure.

IMG_3045.webp


IMG_3293.webp
 

TxOTRRanger

Well-Known Member
First Name
Clay
Joined
Jul 14, 2025
Threads
5
Messages
1,712
Reaction score
8,167
Location
Elwood, Texas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT supercrew SPORT 4X4
Occupation
Currently unemployed (beach bum)lol
I hit a deer this morning on the way to work. Apparently it couldn't resist the headlights and fog lights like the others in the herd did.
Minimal damage, it scuffed the truck a little. I managed to get slowed down from 75 mph to about 50 mph before the truck made contact with its hip.
20260313_141129.webp

In all the time that I spend on the road, this is the 1st time I've ever hit a deer. Guess my luck ran out lol.
That and the fact that it's ROADKILL Day.
20260313_141032.webp

No I didn't keep the deer. Let the Game Wardens handle it.
Happy and Safe Travels Drivers.
 
Last edited:

AzScorpion

Moderator
First Name
Dave
Joined
Jul 25, 2019
Threads
342
Messages
27,112
Reaction score
137,224
Location
Back Home In AZ!
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired...Full Time Slacker
I hit a deer by accident this morning on the way to work. Apparently it couldn't resist the headlights and fog lights like the others in the herd did.
Minimal damage, it scuffed the truck a little. I managed to get slowed down from 75 mph to about 50 mph before the truck made contact with its hip.
20260313_141129.webp

In all the time that I spend on the road, this is the 1st time I've ever hit a deer. Guess my luck ran out lol.
That and the fact that it's ROADKILL Day.
20260313_141032.webp

No I didn't keep the deer. Let the Game Wardens handle it.
Happy and Safe Travels Drivers.
Glad it wasn't worse and the damage was minimal and yes, it'll buff out. lol 😜

I clipped one when I was back east on my way to work too. He came out of nowhere and jumped out of the woods from the other side and I just saw him enough to slow down and tag him in the read with my front bumper of my F150. A little less damage than yours but like you it could've been a whole lot worse.
 

IdahoRanger

Well-Known Member
First Name
Steve
Joined
Sep 26, 2019
Threads
14
Messages
4,527
Reaction score
22,591
Location
Idaho
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
RETIRED
I hit a deer by accident this morning on the way to work. Apparently it couldn't resist the headlights and fog lights like the others in the herd did.
Minimal damage, it scuffed the truck a little. I managed to get slowed down from 75 mph to about 50 mph before the truck made contact with its hip.
20260313_141129.webp

In all the time that I spend on the road, this is the 1st time I've ever hit a deer. Guess my luck ran out lol.
That and the fact that it's ROADKILL Day.
20260313_141032.webp

No I didn't keep the deer. Let the Game Wardens handle it.
Happy and Safe Travels Drivers.
Good thing you had some time to slow and avoid the herd. Not going to say if I hit a deer for reasons murphy will rear his ugly head, but I did hit a bear in a Subaru and it turned and flipped me off.

Okay, it didn't flip me off but I had the hair in the grill to prove the hit and no damage.
 

Ranger Mel

Well-Known Member
First Name
Mel
Joined
Dec 31, 2024
Threads
1
Messages
552
Reaction score
2,991
Location
Post Falls, Idaho
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Super Crew FX4 Tow Package
Occupation
RETIRED (as of 6/11/25) Sports Med, Health and PE Teacher
Good thing you had some time to slow and avoid the herd. Not going to say if I hit a deer for reasons murphy will rear his ugly head, but I did hit a bear in a Subaru and it turned and flipped me off.

Okay, it didn't flip me off but I had the hair in the grill to prove the hit and no damage.
We clipped a bear in my first diesel F250. Towing the trailer up the river for camping. No damage to either as far as I knew. Front bumper smelled like a wet dog since this cub, it's sibling and mama just came out of the river. We were doing 50 on the river road so it wasn't bad. Slowed down enough.
 

DukeCanBuildit

Well-Known Member
First Name
Duke
Joined
Jul 27, 2020
Threads
66
Messages
8,802
Reaction score
42,033
Location
Here
Vehicle(s)
XLT
Good thing you had some time to slow and avoid the herd. Not going to say if I hit a deer for reasons murphy will rear his ugly head, but I did hit a bear in a Subaru and it turned and flipped me off.

Okay, it didn't flip me off but I had the hair in the grill to prove the hit and no damage.
That’s nothin’ Steve!

A bear once took my truck for a joy ride. It didn’t flip me off but it gave me a thumbs up. No damage but I have video to prove it.


 

TxOTRRanger

Well-Known Member
First Name
Clay
Joined
Jul 14, 2025
Threads
5
Messages
1,712
Reaction score
8,167
Location
Elwood, Texas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT supercrew SPORT 4X4
Occupation
Currently unemployed (beach bum)lol
Glad it wasn't worse and the damage was minimal and yes, it'll buff out. lol 😜

I clipped one when I was back east on my way to work too. He came out of nowhere and jumped out of the woods from the other side and I just saw him enough to slow down and tag him in the read with my front bumper of my F150. A little less damage than yours but like you it could've been a whole lot worse.
To be honest, I'm not worried about the minor cosmetic damage. All of the lights still work and it drives like it did before running into the deer. Highway battle scars, because ROADKILL.
 
Last edited:

AzScorpion

Moderator
First Name
Dave
Joined
Jul 25, 2019
Threads
342
Messages
27,112
Reaction score
137,224
Location
Back Home In AZ!
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired...Full Time Slacker
That’s nothin’ Steve!

A bear once took my truck for a joy ride. It didn’t flip me off but it gave me a thumbs up. No damage but I have video to prove it.


I noticed how fast he got out. What'd you do spray that 404 crap inside too:question:
Sponsored

 
 








Top