Sponsored

What did you do to your Ranger today?

Grumpaw

Well-Known Member
First Name
Steve
Joined
Jul 1, 2021
Threads
84
Messages
6,042
Reaction score
30,165
Location
Fishersville, Va.
Vehicle(s)
Previous 2021 Ranger, Now 2019 Ford Expedition
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt., Grumpy Old Senior Citizen
Let us know if you ever figure out a purpose for that thing; I'm mildly curious, but not enough to order one and deal with international shipping rates & paperwork.
Blinker fluid storage container.....
Sponsored

 

Colo_Ranger

Well-Known Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2021
Threads
49
Messages
3,855
Reaction score
13,258
Location
Colorado
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
1
The shop got all the suspension/wheels/tires buttoned up today :) Top pic is the day I first saw my truck at the dealership two March's ago, and of course today, when I drove home from the shop.

Optimus.png


IMG_934011.png
How was the ride on the way home?

@AndyMedic - check it out.
 

Superbuggy

Well-Known Member
First Name
Max
Joined
Feb 10, 2022
Threads
3
Messages
58
Reaction score
411
Location
OH
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XL STX 4X4
How was the ride on the way home?

@AndyMedic - check it out.
Not bad! first impressions on the construction-riddled road the shop is on was positive, and everything was smoother (than stock...) at highway speeds. I can't wait for everything to settle in some to see how it handles then.
 

Bsenecal

Well-Known Member
First Name
Brian
Joined
May 21, 2020
Threads
0
Messages
654
Reaction score
1,882
Location
Milton Vermont
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Supercrew, 2017 Ford Fusion Sport, 1968 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Military
The shop got all the suspension/wheels/tires buttoned up today :) Top pic is the day I first saw my truck at the dealership two March's ago, and of course today, when I drove home from the shop.

Optimus.png


IMG_934011.png
Looks great! Well done.
Brian
 

Jhbryaniv

Well-Known Member
First Name
John
Joined
Sep 19, 2022
Threads
5
Messages
2,788
Reaction score
7,463
Location
Colorado
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Tremor
Vehicle Showcase
1
Not bad! first impressions on the construction-riddled road the shop is on was positive, and everything was smoother (than stock...) at highway speeds. I can't wait for everything to settle in some to see how it handles then.
How old was the suspension it replaced?
 


LaBalbe

Well-Known Member
Joined
Dec 14, 2021
Threads
18
Messages
2,267
Reaction score
13,801
Location
Ontario / part-time NC
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
Mostly just an oddity and conversation piece. Something you don't see every day. Note that some models can have colored liquid put in them and be a decorative barometer. Being a bit of a sceptic I don't fully buy into the " closed, non-orientable, boundary-free manifolds " claim. But given all the comedy in the web site and paperwork included, maybe he doesn't either.

BTW they are US based (Oakland Ca.) and he calls it his "tiny home business"

Just a novelty. Not a cheap one.
They may be US-based, but I am not, and as every Canadian knows, the shipping (which includes customs duties) from the US usually costs as much, if not more than, the item itself!!
 

gfitzge2

Well-Known Member
First Name
Gregg
Joined
Nov 7, 2018
Threads
6
Messages
1,235
Reaction score
7,011
Location
Louisville, Kentucky
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger, 2021 Mustang Mach 1
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Vehicle Showcase
1
They may be US-based, but I am not, and as every Canadian knows, the shipping (which includes customs duties) from the US usually costs as much, if not more than, the item itself!!
Oops Now I am embarrassed. I could have looked at your profile. Maybe all that snow in your picture could have been a clue to me.
 

Big Blue

Well-Known Member
First Name
Lee
Joined
May 5, 2020
Threads
16
Messages
3,942
Reaction score
9,420
Location
Wisconsin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
Mostly just an oddity and conversation piece. Something you don't see every day. Note that some models can have colored liquid put in them and be a decorative barometer. Being a bit of a sceptic I don't fully buy into the " closed, non-orientable, boundary-free manifolds " claim. But given all the comedy in the web site and paperwork included, maybe he doesn't either.

BTW they are US based (Oakland Ca.) and he calls it his "tiny home business"

Just a novelty. Not a cheap one.
Basically a version of a mobius strip. It has a single contiuous surface (the outside is the inside). It is considered boundary-free because there are no edges like a mobius strip. Not sure about the non-orientable part, but it is closed because it has no startup and no end.

Really kind of neat to look at.
 

JohnnyO

Well-Known Member
First Name
Jon
Joined
Apr 8, 2021
Threads
23
Messages
1,989
Reaction score
6,228
Location
Pittsburgh, PA
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX 4x4
Occupation
Asst. Greenskeeper, Bushwood Country Club
State inspection. Shockingly with 67,000 miles it did not need front brakes yet. Tires were at the state minimum but I knew I needed new ones.
 

Jhbryaniv

Well-Known Member
First Name
John
Joined
Sep 19, 2022
Threads
5
Messages
2,788
Reaction score
7,463
Location
Colorado
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Tremor
Vehicle Showcase
1
IMG_0104.png


Installed my LFD MaxTrax mount and my MaxTrax. Now, everyone will know how overland I am.
nah man, I saw a guy more overland than you this morning, he was installing a 40"+ curved LED light bar on his hood. (it went from one side of the hood to the other)

I imagine he is installing it right next to the hood so the glare and reflection lights up the sky so he can see when he launches his drone . . .

:rofl3:

and yes, it was on a dodge.
 

Colo_Ranger

Well-Known Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2021
Threads
49
Messages
3,855
Reaction score
13,258
Location
Colorado
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
1
nah man, I saw a guy more overland than you this morning, he was installing a 40"+ curved LED light bar on his hood. (it went from one side of the hood to the other)

I imagine he is installing it right next to the hood so the glare and reflection lights up the sky so he can see when he launches his drone . . .

:rofl3:

and yes, it was on a dodge.
I mean, give me time.
Sponsored

 
 








Top