Sponsored

What did you do to your Ranger today?

TICKLE ZOMBIE

Well-Known Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2022
Threads
74
Messages
284
Reaction score
760
Location
Florence SC
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT 2WD Sport
Looks good, did you have a bad experience with Amsoil? Or are you just switching?
Brian
During the nascar playoffs I said to myself “If Ryan Blaney wins the title, I am switching to Pennzoil”
Sure enough! ?
Castrol is the backup because it makes most sense in my mind.
Sponsored

 

Bsenecal

Well-Known Member
First Name
Brian
Joined
May 21, 2020
Threads
0
Messages
656
Reaction score
1,899
Location
Milton Vermont
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Supercrew, 2017 Ford Fusion Sport, 1968 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Military
During the nascar playoffs I said to myself “If Ryan Blaney wins the title, I am switching to Pennzoil”
Sure enough! ?
Castrol is the backup because it makes most sense in my mind.
Ha ha, he had a great year this year didn’t he!
Brian
 

BS67

Well-Known Member
First Name
Brian
Joined
May 29, 2022
Threads
9
Messages
2,720
Reaction score
16,219
Location
Nebraska
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Eye Tech, 2A supporter, USMC "Doc" '89-'95

Stevedbvik1

Well-Known Member
First Name
Steve
Joined
Oct 4, 2021
Threads
38
Messages
2,860
Reaction score
8,649
Location
Michigan
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Tremor XLT
Occupation
Retired


Glocker

Well-Known Member
First Name
John
Joined
Feb 11, 2020
Threads
99
Messages
2,722
Reaction score
8,510
Location
Boca Raton
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2014 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
1
I've had a set of new Motorcraft windshield wipers in my garage for about a year and a half. I bought them because my wipers were "UGHHHHHHH." But of course, I never installed them. So I finally did that, and it's amazing how a new set of wipers just works so much better than a 4-year-old set. The cool thing is that they seem nicer than the factory wiper. The factory set is what I would consider a conventional set with leaf-style springs that press the wiper blade against the window. The new wipers are just the rubber blades that sit against the glass without the springs. But they seem nicer and of a higher quality.

I also got a dash-cam from my in-laws for my birthday. The funny thing is, they purchased it before my recent "run-in" with the Honda. (See that post here.) They had debated giving it to me for Hanukkah (my wife is Jewish, so I do Hanukkah with her AND Christmas!) but ultimately decided to give it to me for my birthday. Of course, I had my collision with that Honda and they were kicking themselves for not giving me the camera. HAHAHAHAHA

I got it hooked up temporarily, at first, with the cigarette lighter plug that the camera shipped with, but yesterday, I swapped the power supply for an OBD II plug-in and hid all of the wiring for a clean install! Look for videos of terrible South Florida drivers soon!

2024-01-06 14.50.50.webp

2024-01-06 14.51.01.jpg

2024-01-06 14.16.49-1.webp
 

Jhbryaniv

Well-Known Member
First Name
John
Joined
Sep 19, 2022
Threads
5
Messages
2,788
Reaction score
7,463
Location
Colorado
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Tremor
Vehicle Showcase
1
I've had a set of new Motorcraft windshield wipers in my garage for about a year and a half. I bought them because my wipers were "UGHHHHHHH." But of course, I never installed them. So I finally did that, and it's amazing how a new set of wipers just works so much better than a 4-year-old set. The cool thing is that they seem nicer than the factory wiper. The factory set is what I would consider a conventional set with leaf-style springs that press the wiper blade against the window. The new wipers are just the rubber blades that sit against the glass without the springs. But they seem nicer and of a higher quality.

I also got a dash-cam from my in-laws for my birthday. The funny thing is, they purchased it before my recent "run-in" with the Honda. (See that post here.) They had debated giving it to me for Hanukkah (my wife is Jewish, so I do Hanukkah with her AND Christmas!) but ultimately decided to give it to me for my birthday. Of course, I had my collision with that Honda and they were kicking themselves for not giving me the camera. HAHAHAHAHA

I got it hooked up temporarily, at first, with the cigarette lighter plug that the camera shipped with, but yesterday, I swapped the power supply for an OBD II plug-in and hid all of the wiring for a clean install! Look for videos of terrible South Florida drivers soon!

2024-01-06 14.50.50.webp

2024-01-06 14.51.01.jpg

2024-01-06 14.16.49-1.webp
4 years. Jesus man. ?

I was trying to find the little pigtail I bought that plugs into the windshield thing there, it cuts down on one wire you have to hide... It was like 10 bucks or something. If I find it I'll post it....


Found it! Dongar Dashcam Power Adapter (3-pin Type B) for Select Ford Vehicles. Compatible with 2019+ Ford Ranger, and More. Built-in USB Power Source, Connects to Rearview Mirror, Easy to Install https://a.co/d/56aDsd5

And apparently it is 35 bucks. Holy hell that was an expensive wire. ?
 

subquark

Well-Known Member
First Name
David
Joined
Jan 28, 2022
Threads
11
Messages
4,566
Reaction score
23,251
Location
Portsmouth, NH
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
Let us know how you like them in the snow. =)

I love driving in snow and when I first read this cartoon, I thought it was talking about making a skidding turn, like an e-brake tool, which I did a few times yesterday with a perfect 90° back into the driveway. My wife was in bed reading and saw me do it and laughed at me when I came back in. =D

our first "real" snow of the season
20240107_090650.jpg


the first of three Sunday snow throwing sessions with the electric Toro
20240107_092007.jpg


if this chain's dragging, time for tire chains! =D
20240107_091949.jpg


US-made foam brush worked great!
20240107_100411.jpg


Even with my 5'6" stature, I reached the entire roof without worry of denting the roof with the handle. And I could take away bite-sized amounts to keep from aggravating my shot shoulders
20240107_100707.jpg


20240107_090703.jpg
 
Last edited:

Jhbryaniv

Well-Known Member
First Name
John
Joined
Sep 19, 2022
Threads
5
Messages
2,788
Reaction score
7,463
Location
Colorado
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Tremor
Vehicle Showcase
1
Let us know how you like them in the snow. =)

I love driving in snow and when I first read this cartoon, I thought it was talking about making a skidding turn, like an e-brake tool, which I did a few times yesterday with a perfect 90° back into the driveway. My wife was in bed reading and saw me do it and laughed at me when I came back in. =D

our fist "real" snow of the season
20240107_090650.jpg


the first of three Sunday snow throwing sessions with the electric Toro
20240107_092007.jpg


if this chain's dragging, time for tire chains! =D
20240107_091949.jpg


US-made foam brush worked great!
20240107_100411.jpg


Even with my 5'6" stature, I reached the entire roof without worry of denting the roof with the handle. And I could take away bite-sized amounts to keep from aggravating my shot shoulders
20240107_100707.jpg


20240107_090703.jpg
I have to drive across town this morning, it's been snowing since ~midnight. I'm excited about it. The gf, not so much. I love snow driving. She is a true Floridian. ?
 

ControlNode

Well-Known Member
First Name
John
Joined
Nov 29, 2021
Threads
17
Messages
1,739
Reaction score
3,766
Location
Eastern NC
Vehicle(s)
84 Civic "2000S"/16 Focus RS/21 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Computers
I miss working company that had the annual site visit in Norway. I was always excited for snow while there. Once it was a blizzard and the ferries we normally took were shutdown so it was a really long drive round the fjord, finally conditions that allowed the use of the rear fog light on the shop's Volvo. I get excited for snow around here, but I drive the RS until it is too deep (>4") for it as it's the better equipped of the two, I ordered the RS with the Michelin Alpin PA4 optional wheel/tire set, so proper snow and ice tires. The OE tires on the Ranger are Triple-Peak rated, but still nothing next to a set of dedicated winter tires. I've even driving hours to get to the snow that is more common more inland from where I live to get some if there is none to be see here.

PXL_20220122_130216531 - Copy.jpg
 

gfitzge2

Well-Known Member
First Name
Gregg
Joined
Nov 7, 2018
Threads
6
Messages
1,235
Reaction score
7,011
Location
Louisville, Kentucky
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger, 2021 Mustang Mach 1
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Vehicle Showcase
1
I miss working company that had the annual site visit in Norway. I was always excited for snow while there. Once it was a blizzard and the ferries we normally took were shutdown so it was a really long drive round the fjord, finally conditions that allowed the use of the rear fog light on the shop's Volvo. I get excited for snow around here, but I drive the RS until it is too deep (>4") for it as it's the better equipped of the two, I ordered the RS with the Michelin Alpin PA4 optional wheel/tire set, so proper snow and ice tires. The OE tires on the Ranger are Triple-Peak rated, but still nothing next to a set of dedicated winter tires. I've even driving hours to get to the snow that is more common more inland from where I live to get some if there is none to be see here.

PXL_20220122_130216531 - Copy.jpg
With the weather predicted this week I brought mine in to be a garage queen for a while. Cleaned and waxed. Yours looks great out in the snow. I also have the Alpins. Drove them all summer as my original Cup 2s are shot. :confused: My Ranger gets the daily driver duty most of the time. Ranger doesn't have drift mode but that does not mean it can't be drifted.:crackup:
PXL_20240108_144726490.MP.jpg
 

Bsenecal

Well-Known Member
First Name
Brian
Joined
May 21, 2020
Threads
0
Messages
656
Reaction score
1,899
Location
Milton Vermont
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Supercrew, 2017 Ford Fusion Sport, 1968 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Military
I miss working company that had the annual site visit in Norway. I was always excited for snow while there. Once it was a blizzard and the ferries we normally took were shutdown so it was a really long drive round the fjord, finally conditions that allowed the use of the rear fog light on the shop's Volvo. I get excited for snow around here, but I drive the RS until it is too deep (>4") for it as it's the better equipped of the two, I ordered the RS with the Michelin Alpin PA4 optional wheel/tire set, so proper snow and ice tires. The OE tires on the Ranger are Triple-Peak rated, but still nothing next to a set of dedicated winter tires. I've even driving hours to get to the snow that is more common more inland from where I live to get some if there is none to be see here.

PXL_20220122_130216531 - Copy.jpg
Nice RS!
Brian
 

subquark

Well-Known Member
First Name
David
Joined
Jan 28, 2022
Threads
11
Messages
4,566
Reaction score
23,251
Location
Portsmouth, NH
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
4 years. Jesus man. ?

I was trying to find the little pigtail I bought that plugs into the windshield thing there, it cuts down on one wire you have to hide... It was like 10 bucks or something. If I find it I'll post it....


Found it! Dongar Dashcam Power Adapter (3-pin Type B) for Select Ford Vehicles. Compatible with 2019+ Ford Ranger, and More. Built-in USB Power Source, Connects to Rearview Mirror, Easy to Install https://a.co/d/56aDsd5

And apparently it is 35 bucks. Holy hell that was an expensive wire. ?
Expensive but much neater. Of course, with a bare-bones XL, I can't tap into the mirror but I did use a Dongar on my wife's car and it was great.

I hardwired my Ranger in so I would have always on power, but that's just me. =)

I hope I never catch this on my cam, unless I'm a few cars back!
1704729764294.jpeg
Sponsored

 
 








Top