First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
We have success! :clap: 🎆 got both Sumos on today. Only took a trip to get get some good Cobalt drills and a good tap and tap wrench. The HF tap set I have might be OK for tapping alumimum but worthless for hardened steel. Oh yeah the second side snapped off too, even put heat on it.
20230525_174240.jpg

I checked the back brake pads, all four wearing even and plenty of material left. Got 28k on them, look good for another 50k.

Next project looks to be greasing the slip joint. Starting to get the thump on stopping now that it has warmed up.

JohnnyO

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX 4x4
Occupation
Asst. Greenskeeper, Bushwood Country Club
Got the level kit installed. 1.5” from Truxxx. After two failed attempts myself, the second with some help, I took it to a shop near my office. Guy knocked it out in 2.5 hours including an alignment. I had a Truxxx on my old Sport Trac too, quality product. Ready for Carlisle.
Shop apparently overextended the left axle and the boot came loose. Could hear a noise on my way home from work today, would speed up as I sped up and slow down as I slowed down. I stopped and looked but didn't see anything. After dinner I drive across town to the Post Office and it's really loud, stop again and look and I can see the boot is loose from the diff side. Doesn't appear to be torn. Waiting on AAA to tow it to back to the shop. :mad:

Venom_z89

First Name
Edson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger fx4
Occupation
Forklift technician
Got a new intake manifold from dealer pretty cheap started to port it. Still have the runners to do.

20230524_190715.jpg

20230524_190729.jpg

20230525_202124.jpg

maxbottomtime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT SCAB 4x4
I had something similar happen years ago. I couldn't get the oil filter off for the life of me so I had to take a screwdriver and rip the filter apart. Then I had to take a hammer and put the screwdriver in one of the slots at the top and carefully pound it off that way trying not to damage the threads. That was a fun afternoon. lol
I’ve had that happen before too. Luckily pounding a big flat head through gave me the needed leverage, although quite messy.

Venom_z89

First Name
Edson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger fx4
Occupation
Forklift technician
How did you port it? Lathe?
Carbide bur with die grinder. Once the majority of the material was removed hit it with cone flap wheels. The die grinder I used was a 6 inch extension one from harbor freight. I hit it with a torch after to bring the sheen back same as you would on a composite pistol when stimpling it.

Dr3wDrop

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat Tremor
Carbide bur with die grinder. Once the majority of the material was removed hit it with cone flap wheels. The die grinder I used was a 6 inch extension one from harbor freight. I hit it with a torch after to bring the sheen back same as you would on a composite pistol when stimpling it.
Looks like a fun project!

Venom_z89

First Name
Edson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger fx4
Occupation
Forklift technician
Looks like a fun project!
Yea it isn't bad. I'm just trying to get ready to install all the parts I'm gathering for a free flowing engine.

pbethel

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2016 Ford t250 Transit
Occupation
retired
Wonder why Ford wasted the time and material and increased difficulty to manufacture that with those ribs?

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Had the oil changed. MP1 already has just over 1,400 miles and I always change the oil on a new vehicle around 1,000-1,500 miles. Plus we're leave in a week so I wanted it changed for that and I have them go through the whole truck. Even though it's new it doesn't mean it's perfect but luckily it got a clean bill of health. 😷👨‍⚕️

JohnnyO

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX 4x4
Occupation
Asst. Greenskeeper, Bushwood Country Club
Shop apparently overextended the left axle and the boot came loose. Could hear a noise on my way home from work today, would speed up as I sped up and slow down as I slowed down. I stopped and looked but didn't see anything. After dinner I drive across town to the Post Office and it's really loud, stop again and look and I can see the boot is loose from the diff side. Doesn't appear to be torn. Waiting on AAA to tow it to back to the shop. :mad:
Inner CV blowed up. Need new axle. Which won’t be until next week since no one has one.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Had the oil changed. MP1 already has just over 1,400 miles and I always change the oil on a new vehicle around 1,000-1,500 miles. Plus we're leave in a week so I wanted it changed for that and I have them go through the whole truck. Even though it's new it doesn't mean it's perfect but luckily it got a clean bill of health. 😷👨‍⚕️
One thing he did say was they moved the oil filter to the far back corner on the left (drivers) side. He said it took them a while to find it and it's a real PITA to get to now. Wasn't it always right behind the passengers tire? Anyone know the reason for this?
Sponsored