OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS degree. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.
Transmission shifting differently...

Had my battery replaced yesterday on warranty and when leaving the lot noticed immediately that the transmission was not shifting the same as when I took it in. Almost turned around to go back and find out what happened but decided to test it to see if it was just me? Got home and checked the manual and discovered what the issue was... :whew:

Change in Transmission shifting.jpg

View 1.jpg

Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2014 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
State inspection shop called, needs new rear brakes. Oddly the fronts are usually the first to go.
They think the calipers are sticking because the inside pads are worn out and the outers aren't too bad.
That happened to me - specifically the driver-rear-inside trashed the caliper and all of the other pads still have service life to them.

JohnnyO

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX 4x4
Occupation
Asst. Greenskeeper, Bushwood Country Club

Had my battery replaced yesterday on warranty and when leaving the lot noticed immediately that the transmission was not shifting the same as when I took it in. Almost turned around to go back and find out what happened but decided to test it to see if it was just me? Got home and checked the manual and discovered what the issue was... :whew:

View 1.jpg
You will also need to reset the Auto up/down on the driver’s window. Run it up and down a few times and hold the button for a few seconds.

Ranger_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Super Cab FX4 White Platinum
Occupation
Wanderer

" . . . optimum shift feel. " Wonder how many years that actually takes... ?

Bsthroop

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat 4x2 Sport
Occupation
Broadband/ Microwave Engineer
Thanks. I have been looking at the $569.99 Black HDX set. Realtruk has a rebate going on them right now and I tempted to pull the trigger. I was hoping for something with a little less drop, but these come up in all my searches.
I got these that look similar. APS Pocket Steps Running Boards Side Bars Compatible with Ford Ranger 2019-2023 SuperCrew Cab 4-Door https://a.co/d/a2bOoaa

underwhelmed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SC XLT FX4, 1998 Jeep Cherokee XJ
Occupation
Retired Military
Vehicle Showcase
I got these that look similar. APS Pocket Steps Running Boards Side Bars Compatible with Ford Ranger 2019-2023 SuperCrew Cab 4-Door https://a.co/d/a2bOoaa
It’s funny you should mention this. I was attempting to get something USA made…I know a tough order. I thought the Westin HDX was, but turns out they design and engineer in the USA, but made in China. Given that fact I ordered one I liked that I knew was China made, but just over half the price.

https://www.amazon.com/HD-Ridez-Con...54-a135-b46be6eda2e7&pd_rd_i=B09PFQ9MT5&psc=1

carmigo

First Name
Carmigo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Occupation
We help people sell their Rangers in the easiest way possible.
Thank you! And yeah tires are wayyy more expensive now than the last few times I bought them. But this time I made sure to pay extra for replacement certificates:LOL:
Smart move! Keep those certificates safe. You never know when a rouge nail can wreck your tires.

underwhelmed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SC XLT FX4, 1998 Jeep Cherokee XJ
Occupation
Retired Military
Vehicle Showcase
Smart move! Keep those certificates safe. You never know when a rouge nail can wreck your tires.
I hate “rouge” nails. Feminine looking, but still very dangerous. ?

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS degree. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.

TXRangerTim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Tremor
Occupation
Retired
Good thing cause I went through some old email receipts and couldn't find it
Amazon not only tracks you, they keep track of all your orders you ever made there. Top right corner Returns & Orders button, pick the time frame.
Sponsored