First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
65 YO Juvenile Delinquent
Today was pretty much a washout with a 100% chance of rain in the area. Tomorrow looks more promising (right now) with only a 10% chance by 2:00pm. We'll start at the west GTTS road entrance and try to hit as many areas in the next 2-3 days there as I have the timed reservation. Then we'll head to the east side where you don't need a reservation until July. They say there's some really great hikes and a few waterfalls over there and you're bordering the Continental Divide.

It's been non stop all day with a few short breaks in-between. Any more rain and I'm going to start growing mold! :shock:

Screenshot 2023-06-09 at 8.31.33 AM-1.png
So how are those rain sense wipers working out for you? I really like mine for areas like that.
Sponsored

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I have the same one. The water channels out quite well. I get a few drops at the tailgate sides. My only complaint is you have to lift the rear panel to shut tailgate.
Mine closes with it up or down. Maybe they changed the design? I too get a little water on the left & right corners near the rear of the tailgate. But not from driving in the rain but when I power washed it so it could use a tailgate seal.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Today was pretty much a washout with a 100% chance of rain in the area. Tomorrow looks more promising (right now) with only a 10% chance by 2:00pm. We'll start at the west GTTS road entrance and try to hit as many areas in the next 2-3 days there as I have the timed reservation. Then we'll head to the east side where you don't need a reservation until July. They say there's some really great hikes and a few waterfalls over there and you're bordering the Continental Divide.

It's been non stop all day with a few short breaks in-between. Any more rain and I'm going to start growing mold! :shock:
Wow! When I was a teenager, I lived a few hours north of there in Calgary. We would drive down to Whitefish to go skiing - just down the road from Columbia Falls.

Thanks for posting - your trips seem to trigger great memories for me. 👍

Oh yeah, we’re doing the basement too. I can’t find the stairs so, I think you might be on a concrete slab foundation but don’t worry, when I’m done, you’re gonna love the basement. I’ve got my best crew on it and it’s coming along nicely…

IMG_4294.jpeg

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
So how are those rain sense wipers working out for you? I really like mine for areas like that.
I tried them on my '19 and didn't like them so I have them turned off.

canyonslicker

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
65 YO Juvenile Delinquent
I tried them on my '19 and didn't like them so I have them turned off.
Yeah can be annoying at first but I got used to them. Not for everyone that’s for sure.. I even shut them off on occasion by clicking the handle to the bottom setting. BTW I think the wiper handle is perfectly located for me. I know stupid subject…

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Yeah can be annoying at first but I got used to them. Not for everyone that’s for sure.. I even shut them off on occasion by clicking the handle to the bottom setting. BTW I think the wiper handle is perfectly located for me. I know stupid subject…
We don't get much rain at all back in AZ. I know we need it and it was a very raining winter for us so it was welcomed. But this is a great reminder how much I hate it and the dreary days like we had back east, sometimes for weeks.

BTW, I don't use wipers.....I use so much Graphene on mine the water just flies right off! :shock::oops:😂

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Annie just shouted to me "look at all the deer". So I walk outside and there's got to be 8-10 out front, several already walked into the field to the right. Then I turn around and there's 3 more in the side yard. 😍

I haven't told Annie yet (I'll teller when we're leaving lol) but in the reviews for this place someone did say they saw a small bear in the field out front. 🤫

IMG_9200.jpg

IMG_9201.jpg

IMG_9204.jpg

IMG_9205.jpg

underwhelmed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SC XLT FX4, 1998 Jeep Cherokee XJ
Occupation
Retired Military
Vehicle Showcase
You are just gonna irritate the bear with those!
You know how to tell the difference between black bear and grizzly poop right? Black Bear looks like seeds, grass, etc. Grizz poop has whistle parts and smells like pepper spray.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Today started out gloomy but cleared up nicely. We went into West Glacier which is the Going To The Sun Road entrance. You could only go as far as Avalanche campground so we parked across the street from there and hiked up to Avalanche Lake. It was jut under 6 miles round trip but we dd go all the way to the far end of the lake. The trail here (not sure how the others are as this was our first one) is so much different than Grand Teton. Here you're walking through a deep forest most of the way with some huge pines and Douglas Fit trees. There's a river running down from the lake which was moving pretty good in spots which made for a couple nice areas to stop and get some pictures.

The park ranger said they should be opening up the top part of the GTTSR soon. It would've been open now but they had some debris come down from the heavy rains this past week. She said it wasn't as bad up there this winter as far as snow fall goes as most storms went south and hit the Grand Teton area.

Coming into the park there's the McDonald Creek which runs along the main road. It was really moving good from all the rain storms and snow melt these past few weeks.

IMG_9216.jpg

IMG_9217.jpg

IMG_9218.jpg

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
After the trail head you start going up to Avalanche Lake and the Avalanche Creek runs along the lower half of the hike.

IMG_9277.jpg

IMG_9226.jpg

IMG_9229.jpg

The clouds/fog were finally breaking up about half way up and I was finally able to get a decent picture before getting to the lake. You're walking through a pretty think forest so there's not a lot to look at on this trail. Hopefully others will be different.

IMG_9231.jpg

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
After about 2 miles you come down the hill into Avalanche Lake. It's really out in the middle nowhere and kind of cool how there's nothing around. There were 3 good size waterfalls flowing from the far end off the mountain.

IMG_9232.jpg

IMG_9235.jpg

IMG_9241.jpg

I was eating some trail mix and threw a few nuts on the rock for this bird. lol

IMG_9250.jpg

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
We were walking along the shore heading to the far end of the lake and stopped to rest. After feeding the bird I had another friend begging for some food. I made the mistake of feeding him and couldn't get rid of him now. :oops:

IMG_9256.jpg

IMG_9258.jpg

IMG_9261.jpg

IMG_9268.jpg

I stopped feeding him so he climbed up on my knee and started begging for more. lol

IMG_9266.jpg

IMG_9259.jpg

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I thought you could get up closer to the waterfalls but there's no way to. You'd have to walk through the water (it's freezing!) to cross over and maybe then climb up the side to possibly get closer.

Here's the view from the far end looking back towards where you first come out of the main trail.

IMG_9269.jpg

There's so much brush and trees at the far end you could only get one waterfall closeup.

IMG_9270.jpg

Walking back towards the trail there's a small beach like area where the sun was reflecting the mountain and waterfalls off the lake. The water has a nice aqua green color almost like you're in the Gulf of Mexico in FL.

IMG_9271.jpg
Sponsored