Went To The Dealership Today.... LOCKDOWN!

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
Took the wife's Jeep Wrangler into the dealership today for some repairs.

This is the same dealership we bought our 2019 Ranger at. (It's a Jeep - Chevy - Ford Dealership... small town America)

I saw the salesman we bought the Ranger from... and he said "Sorry, by law I can't talk about vehicle sales, we're on lockdown".

There were signs at every door, most of which were locked, explaining that no new vehicle sales were allowed, that only repairs could be made / discussed.

There were probably 5 salesmen there... just walking around... doing absolutely nothing.

Strange Days Indeed.
Sponsored

quangdog

First Name
Kimball
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
I went to my dealer yesterday to get some paint touchups done, and the place was hoppin'. Lots of people wearing masks, and the guy who fixed my paint greeted me with a squirt of hand sanitizer. They are clearly still selling cars, but it's a bit odd to see everyone in whatever sort of mask they can find. My wife made one for me, but I think I may wander out with my wood shop respirator on. Makes me look more like Darth Vader. :)

GTGallop

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.qrz.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 SOLD - Now 2023 TRD Offroad
Occupation
Program Manager
Jeez! that hasn't locked them down from calling, texting, and e-mailing me.

jsphlynch

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XL
Our local Ford dealer has a notice on their website stating that they are closed to walk-in traffic, but they will accept sales appointments on a case-by-case basis.

James Martincic

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger xlt, 2005 Saleen mustang, 2019 ram 2500
I needed a key made which the dealer lost one. I key dropped my info in the slot and afterwards picked up my new key and weather tech mats. But they do sell online. 9 k off a 19 Lariat, if I only waited another month to buy.

ausable

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2018 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
All the dealerships here are closed. No parts. No service. Been wanting a regular service and rotate for over a month. No go. Sales continue online, but nothing in person. So.... we wait.

TylerV76

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4
Occupation
Emissions testing supplier
All the dealerships here are closed. No parts. No service. Been wanting a regular service and rotate for over a month. No go. Sales continue online, but nothing in person. So.... we wait.
They're open in my area and by my work. What part of Michigan are you in? I assume Mio or somewhere near the Ausable?

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
The dealership I work at is slow but we still have work coming in and surprisingly enough we still have some people coming in every once in awhile to buy a vehicle. Unfortunately with a slow times it's a odd ordeal to say the least.

Jbroke

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 2WD
Occupation
Sports
Funny I did car shopping at 5 dealers in 2 states, 3 dealers no sales person in the test drives, 6 feet apart talking numbers etc, other 2 sales person came for the ride and 1 sat in their office. But 1 dealer in NC did mention he thought they’d get shut down soon but the service would stay open. But all we’re dead (sales side) not too sure bout service. 1 said we were the first people to walk in that day it was about 1pm

samsd

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4x4 HPR, 2016 Town and Country, 2004 Road King Custom
Occupation
Retired
Body shops are suffering, apparently all the non essential drivers were having all the accidents and the essential folks know how to drive safely.
Talked to a guy who works at our local Harley shop and they were told to shutdown but can do parts on an on call basis however the local Honda Polaris dealer can be open because, well just because, guess they service the farmers with side by sides.
A lot of this makes no sense, every factory in our town is open, it is just the retail that is suffering and those employees can least afford to be off.

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
My local Delaware Ford dealer (where I bought my Ranger) is still open for service and sales, but they do the transactions by phone, text, or internet, and then pick up and/or deliver the vehicle to your home. Since I hardly drive anywhere anymore, not much need for service of any kind.

For anybody who was on the fence about buying a Ranger, this is a great time to buy! They are offering essentially the same 2019 Ranger Lariat Super-crew FX4 that I purchased in August for about $7,000 less!

ausable

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2018 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
They're open in my area and by my work. What part of Michigan are you in? I assume Mio or somewhere near the Ausable?
From West Branch north, none are open along the I-75 corridor.

NickTheEnforcer

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid SE Sport AWD, 2009 Dodge Ram Big Horn Crew 4x4 HEMI
Occupation
Residential Construction Project Development & Purchasing.
Took the wife's Jeep Wrangler into the dealership today for some repairs.

This is the same dealership we bought our 2019 Ranger at. (It's a Jeep - Chevy - Ford Dealership... small town America)

I saw the salesman we bought the Ranger from... and he said "Sorry, by law I can't talk about vehicle sales, we're on lockdown".

There were signs at every door, most of which were locked, explaining that no new vehicle sales were allowed, that only repairs could be made / discussed.

There were probably 5 salesmen there... just walking around... doing absolutely nothing.

Strange Days Indeed.
That's insane! no wonder why we have 15 million on unemployment..
actually went to mine where I bought my Ranger with an appointment and worked out a sweetheart deal to trade wife's '16 Escape SE AWD...its a RAT. starting to rust at every door seam, 119k on it, was wrecked to the tune of $13k after 1st year. Premium care was going to expire at 125K. NO better time than a global pandemic to trade a highly undesirable vehicle! Got a '20 Escape SE AWD Sport Hybrid...nearly 10% off msrp, deferred pmt 90days, 0% apr, paid off all but $400 on existing note and $40 more per month. Oh yeah set of [4] oem ford mud flaps.

Ronbo

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4+
Occupation
Retired LEO Sgt., USAF & USA Veteran.
Vehicle Showcase
Went to the dealership for a warranty recall and while checking out the new Raptors, I saw this sticker. They added $10,000 to the price of a Raptor, calling it a "Market Adjustment". Is this normal? Are people really paying more than MSRP on these things? I wonder if this is a harbinger of what we may see if the Ranger Raptor ever comes out?
IMG_2803.JPG

egilbe

First Name
Earl
Threads
Reaction score
Somewhere between ME and AZ, depends on the season
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat with BAP, Tow and FX4
Occupation
Semi-retired, lazy bum/tramp, formerly Sys admin in a toxic work environment
Went to the dealership for a warranty recall and while checking out the new Raptors, I saw this sticker. They added $10,000 to the price of a Raptor, calling it a "Market Adjustment". Is this normal? Are people really paying more than MSRP on these things? I wonder if this is a harbinger of what we may see if the Ranger Raptor ever comes out?
IMG_2803.JPG
No, they aren't that valuable. Same Raptors here in Maine at the dealership I ordered my Ranger from that were there when I ordered it. Another Black Widow F series, though. Looks like nothing is moving, although they are advertised to be open for online sales. Inventory doesn't seem to be moving at all.
Sponsored