Things I saw at the dealership today.

TBR17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger Tremor, '13 Vette Z16, '62 VW Beetle
yup, that's the fx2 appearance package. I really don't know why ford did that--could they be saving money designing, manufacturing, and dealing with the manufacturing logistics of a fake skid plate vs just installing the real one?
Saw a 2021 FX2 at the dealer yesterday. Turns out that half skid plate looking thing that's not really a functional skid plate is an injection molded piece of plastic painted silver. It is quite rigid and seems like it would snap if stressed.

TBR17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Also saw a new dealer customized 2wd XLT Cactus Sport pkg with a 2" leveling kit and 1-2" blocks installed in the rear. 285-65-18s, cactus painted ford emblems, and a cactus LineX spray in liner.

1611325222990.png

1611325258549.png

1611325330216.png

Jbroke

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 2WD
Occupation
Sports
Also saw a new dealer customized 2wd XLT Cactus Sport pkg with a 2" leveling kit and 1-2" blocks installed in the rear. 285-65-18s, cactus painted ford emblems, and a cactus LineX spray in liner.

1611325222990.png

1611325258549.png

1611325330216.png
Let me guess, the "added value" is around $9k?

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Curious, Did the dealer remove the crash bars?
Hey John,

I called the dealer in Moncton, New Brunswick where this truck was spotted. The sales person tells me they have their suspension mods done by a third party in Fredericton. They’ll check with the vendor and let me know the kit, tire size and whether or not the bars have been removed, trimmed, or replaced. I’ll post when they get back to me.

Jbroke

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 2WD
Occupation
Sports
Hey John,

I called the dealer in Moncton, New Brunswick where this truck was spotted. The sales person tells me they have their suspension mods done by a third party in Fredericton. They’ll check with the vendor and let me know the kit, tire size and whether or not the bars have been removed, trimmed, or replaced. I’ll post when they get back to me.
They couldn't go outside and take a 5 second look at the vehicle for that info? And or all that info should be on the window sticker no?

Dealers are so great these days...haha

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
They couldn't go outside and take a 5 second look at the vehicle for that info? And or all that info should be on the window sticker no?

Dealers are so great these days...haha
Actually, the truck was out as a service loaner.
1611327859762.png

Jbroke

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 2WD
Occupation
Sports
Actually, the truck was out as a service loaner.
1611327859762.png
Point still stands, should have some record of it on file but thats just my 2 cents and surprised they loaned a custom one.

ch47dmechanic

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4X4

1611325222990.png

1611325258549.png

1611325330216.png
I'd love to know where a dealer sourced those tinted taillights since smoking them is illegal in every state I've lived in (no one cares, of course, but a dealer selling them modified like that...?) and supposedly screws with the BLIS system. If those are factory, where can I send my money?! ?

TBR17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'd love to know where a dealer sourced those tinted taillights since smoking them is illegal in every state I've lived in (no one cares, of course, but a dealer selling them modified like that...?) and supposedly screws with the BLIS system. If those are factory, where can I send my money?! ?
They do a ton of customizing at this dealership. They have a 10 acre offsite location where they do everything in house. Not sure of the mechanics of the sensors other than they are still extremely bright red when illuminated. It is a fairly wealthy zip code so people pay crazy money for all that stuff. You can buy a $100k F-250 if you so desire :crazy:

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Curious, Did the dealer remove the crash bars?
The dealer called me back ....

285s
Bars intact
Rubbing at full lock
Vendor takes responsibility for affected suspension warranty

1611332690742.png

Good grief!
We’ll see how things work out with the vendor after the new owner tears up the wheel liner and rips out the ABS sensor along with the fender trim piece and side marker light wiring while pulling out of a tight parking space at Walmart.

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
The dealer called me back ....

285s
Bars intact
Rubbing at full lock
Vendor takes responsibility for affected suspension warranty

1611332690742.png

Good grief!
We’ll see how things work out with the vendor after the new owner tears up the wheel liner and rips out the ABS sensor along with the fender trim piece and side marker light wiring while pulling out of a tight parking space at Walmart.
Good grief is right. "Vendor takes responsibility" says who, that's bullshit. There is a certain amount of implied knowledge when a Ford Dealer installs parts on a Ford.

Honestly though, I kind of figured as much. I'd be really surprised if any Ford Dealership would modify crash bars, due to possible litigation.

I wonder how bad the rubbing is under hard braking in a tight turn? I knew a guy in high school who put wider tires and wheels on a '69 Camaro, and while driving he hit a depression in the road at the same time he was on the brakes, and the front right tire actually locked up from being jambed into the wheel well. The wheel molding on the Camaro cut the tire up bad, and it was also flat spotted to the point he had to replace it.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Good grief is right. "Vendor takes responsibility" says who, that's bullshit. There is a certain amount of implied knowledge when a Ford Dealer installs parts on a Ford.

Honestly though, I kind of figured as much. I'd be really surprised if any Ford Dealership would modify crash bars, due to possible litigation.

I wonder how bad the rubbing is under hard braking in a tight turn? I knew a guy in high school who put wider tires and wheels on a '69 Camaro, and while driving he hit a depression in the road at the same time he was on the brakes, and the front right tire actually locked up from being jambed into the wheel well. The wheel molding on the Camaro cut the tire up bad, and it was also flat spotted to the point he had to replace it.
Your points are dead on! They might take responsibility if the upper ball joints wear too quickly, but who’s going to step up and take responsibility when someone gets hurt from what you describe?

I foresee a lot of finger pointing.
Sponsored