First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat 4x2 Sport
Occupation
Broadband/ Microwave Engineer
So after some thought and constant stressing over my Ranger, I ended up getting a Frontier. Not the best time to get a new truck but after considerable thought, I figured it was best to make the switch rather than dumping anymore money or time into the Ranger. I got the Frontier at MSRP and Ranger trade in was very close to what I purchased it at. Frontier was quite a bit more than the Ranger but as the kids these days say YOLO! My wife has been giving me a really weird stare since I got home with the truck. And just last night I had a really weird dream that someone was standing over me with a pillow. Ah I’m sure it’s nothing to worry about ? Anyway, I loved the Ranger but with some of the issues with my particular truck, I needed something I wasn’t constantly worrying about. Hopefully this truck will be solid but as usual time will tell. Anyway I definitely still plan on hanging around this forum, you all are a good group of people and funny as hell. Maybe we can add a Frontier section just for us sellouts to hang around ?

Time to commence with the bashing…I’ll be annoyed if you guys don’t. Oh and btw, these Frontiers have a built in (hidden) tailgate damper.
Never had a Nissan truck but my buddy had one in high school and we rode it hard. Not super powerful Back then but it was durable. Wife has had 2 cars (Juke and current Rogue) and they have had zero problems. Congrats!
Sponsored

Jhbryaniv

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Tremor
Vehicle Showcase
The Nissan Frontier is now neck & neck with the 6G Ranger on my short list when it comes time to replace- at least a decade out. Frontier is available as a Crew Cab w/6'box and I think the 6G ranger will have one, too. There was a NA-spec camouflaged prototype running around Dearborn last summer, but I haven't seen any others since, only 5'box. GM discontinued Crew/6'box & all Extended Cabs on the CanyOrado, so I discontinued looking into them.
I was hopeful that Toyota or one of the gm twins would have a hybrid option on mid-size... But it seems they are all lacking.

The Ford Santa Cruz. A trucks truck ?
Hahahah the gf saw a Santa Cruz the other day and asked what failed.... Well I'll let you finish that thought in your head...

mtsoxfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
To each their own...
To me, that is a very BLAH looking truck. Now, I've only saw what you posted, but still, nothing exciting to look at.
Hope the interior looks better.
If it makes you happy, it can't be all that bad.

Dgc333

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
Man that’s crazy. That’s a lot of money to loose. The Colorados aren’t bad but I guess they have their issues as well. Were the batteries bad or is something eating through his batteries?
He had the truck for about two weeks and the battery was dead one morning when he went to start it. He jumped it and went about his business and two days later it was dead again. This time he called the dealer and they told him to bring it in so he jumped it and brought it in. They supposedly charge the battery tested it plus the truck and declared all was well. It lasted about a week and died again, this time he called the dealer to come and get it and left it dead. They replaced the battery this time. The second battery lasted about week and was dead again. He had them come and get it again. They charged it and said all was well. This time he called GM customer service, they told him not to pick it up and they would call the dealer to find out what was going on. GM customer service called him back in a couple of days and said the second battery was leaking and was replaced. He asked about excessive current draw. GM customer service said they have a tester that verifies the electrical system and all was within parameters. It's been about three weeks and every morning he has been checking battery voltage and it has been pretty constant at 12.6-12.8 volts.

Just seems strange that the factory battery was bad and the replacement was bad, both were AC Delco that appeared to be identical.

rydfree

First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger FX4 Super crew Lariet - Mercedes GLK
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
It looks like they went into CAD and said increase height of everything by 20% and tossed into into a taller chassis.

dsc_0773.jpg
2013-Ford-Taurus-SHO-front-end-in-motion.jpg

The grill, the headlights, even the body lines are similar. And once you see it, you can't unsee it.
Ha Ha , that's what I told my wife when I started looking at the Rangers. I did not like it at first and was going to wait for the new body style and get a Tremor but couldn't wait that long . Now that the '24 looks like a Maverick I like mine better . It's grown on me .

Markubis

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger XLT, Volkswagon Tiguan, Can Am Ryker
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
No... But I wish I was...

The grill is a more upright version of the taurus... The headlights mimic the wrap around... And the hood... God the good is like a copy and paste. ?
Most car makers try to carry certain traits across their line up. That grill also looks like the Focus grill.

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
i wanted one of the frontys before i got the ranger but nismo kept draggin feet to put the new ones out and i didnt want to buy a new but still old truck. i liked the pro4x version a lot. i think they were one of the most underrated trucks on the market.

OP
OP
Shoran12

Shoran12

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger STX
Occupation
Millwright
i wanted one of the frontys before i got the ranger but nismo kept draggin feet to put the new ones out and i didnt want to buy a new but still old truck. i liked the pro4x version a lot. i think they were one of the most underrated trucks on the market.
The Pro 4x is nice. I got the SV 4x4 but it has a lot of stuff with the packages from the manufacturer. Still not cheap but not as much as the Pro4x and the ride is almost identical on road. Not sure about once it gets off the pavement. As of now I’m very pleased with the truck. Praying it holds up ?

Kristina

First Name
Kristina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6G Raptor week 40, Wildtrak `22 2.0 diesel - sold
I never understood why some manufacturers do this. Tires and wheels are round and they make them square, to me it looks to disproportional and drives my OCD crazy. :crazy: But Toyota does it too but it doesn't look at pronounced.

Blue for you know who. :rolleyes:

1679232885816.png

So glad ours is round. :whew:

1679233065667.jpeg
I so agree on this!
It’s still just a detail and not affecting anything.

Now that is confusing visual. o_O
60762B40-127F-4F77-B2A5-EB58D0A7F3CB.jpeg

Jhbryaniv

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Tremor
Vehicle Showcase
Most car makers try to carry certain traits across their line up. That grill also looks like the Focus grill.
I agree when it comes to lines of vehicles, trucks and suv, cars, minivans etc.

Imagine if the focus had a front end similar to a super duty...

Or an altima had a frontier front end... ?

NotBudule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
The Pro 4x is nice. I got the SV 4x4 but it has a lot of stuff with the packages from the manufacturer. Still not cheap but not as much as the Pro4x and the ride is almost identical on road. Not sure about once it gets off the pavement. As of now I’m very pleased with the truck. Praying it holds up ?
Wifeys Nissan (Murano , 2nd one shes had , both great) has the "Birdseye" camera view like a damn drone is above the car , LOVE that and wish my Ranger had it , your truck come with it ? Its funny when the dog walks by it , makes him look 8 feet tall and streatched out...

Ronbo

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4+
Occupation
Retired LEO Sgt., USAF & USA Veteran.
Vehicle Showcase
It looks like they went into CAD and said increase height of everything by 20% and tossed into into a taller chassis.

dsc_0773.jpg
2013-Ford-Taurus-SHO-front-end-in-motion.jpg

The grill, the headlights, even the body lines are similar. And once you see it, you can't unsee it.
Nah.

1679250692313.png