We’re Off! Arizona - Colorado - South Dakota - Colorado - Utah and Back.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
After County Road 142 passes the ponds, the first time the road nears the river, there is a large open area. This is the Thelma and Louise Point. There are no signs. County Road 142 turns into the Shafer Trail.
Thanks Kent, I'll look for it when we go back on Thursday. :like:
Sponsored

canyonslicker

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
65 YO Juvenile Delinquent
Dave,
I also take pics of signs and the scenes being described. We went to Little Bighorn National monument on whim because it was on the way when saw the sign. I thought yeah a half hour would be enough. Well 4 hours later and probably 40 to 50 signs and scenery pics later we were back on our way. Luckily I always book guaranteed late arrival..

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I was to tired last night to finish going through the pictures. lol We left Canyonlands and wanted to do a little off roading to Gemini Bridges. We entered from 113 so the road to the bridge was just a flat dirt road with some washboards. Now after the bridge going down to 191 it got fun. It started out with a few rocky shelfs and about a mile or so of that with a good step section. hen you climb up the side of the mountain where it's very tight and blind winding corners. We didn't have much traffic but there were definitely a few "pucker" spots going into these corners because you can't see what's coming around the corners and there's a straight drop off the right side.

Here's the beginning off 113 which was nice and flat with a few washboards. There was some good scenery and I think it was about 7 miles to Gemini Bridges. Total length of the trail is 13 miles.

IMG_6836.jpg

IMG_6838.jpg

IMG_6850.jpg

IMG_6849.jpg

There's a parking area then you have to walk about 300 yards into the desert and you come upon the Gemini Bridges. It's basically out in the middle of nowhere. It's about 8' wide and you can walk across it but to the side there's a huge crevice which goes straight down.

IMG_6845.jpg

IMG_6843.jpg

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Leaving there is where it turned a little rocky with some nice stair steps in a few areas. It was like this for a good mile then turned back to a somewhat flat, sandy road.

IMG_6851.jpg

IMG_6852.jpg

Some cool pictures out in the middle of the ride.

IMG_6855.jpg

IMG_6856.jpg

IMG_6857.jpg

IMG_6859.jpg

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Now here’s where the fun starts and where @BButah said there’s a little “pucker” factor in a few areas.There’s nothing but a huge drop off on the right side and no way for two vehicles to pass at the same time. There’s a couple small pull offs here and there but you’d better hope you don’t enter a corner along with someone else. We got lucky there and only had one truck coming up and he had a pull over spot on his side. Pictures never do it justice.

IMG_6860.jpg

IMG_6862.jpg

IMG_6863.jpg

IMG_6864.jpg

Here you can see how high you are compared to the road below and we were already 1/4 of the way down.

IMG_6865.jpg

You could see Arches NP Off to the side. I had to make Annie open the window and duck because she would look out the window to take the picture. Lol

IMG_6866.jpg

This is from the bottom and I could only get part of the mountain in the picture. You can just see the trail about half way up above where the slate rock is laying flat against the hill. Again not a terribly difficult trail just a nice mix all the way through. There's some serious rock crawling trails here and some really bad ass Jeeps we've seen.

IMG_6868.jpg

Here's more info from a mountain bike trail guide. I was wrong it's not a mile it's 2 miles around that mountain which we did in reverse from 113 and ended on 191.

https://intermountainhealthcare.org...althy-hikes/find-a-hike/gemini-bridges-trail/

From the parking area near 191, begin riding on the south-trending dirt road adjacent to the highway. After a short distance, the trail turns west and begins climbing steeply up the slope ahead. From below, it looks improbable that a road could possibly penetrate the towering cliffs above. Continue climbing through several steep, rocky sections as the road climbs quickly over the landscape below. At times the road is very narrow, with a sheer drop on one side and vertical cliffs on the other. Use caution and be courteous to other trail users who may need to pass.

After approximately 2 miles and 500 feet of climbing, the trail turns south and descends into Little Canyon.

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
Now here’s where the fun starts and where @BButah said there’s a little “pucker” factor in a few areas.There’s nothing but a huge drop off on the right side and no way for two vehicles to pass at the same time. There’s a couple small pull offs here and there but you’d better hope you don’t enter a corner along with someone else. We got lucky there and only had one truck coming up and he had a pull over spot on his side. Pictures never do it justice.

IMG_6860.jpg

IMG_6862.jpg

IMG_6863.jpg

IMG_6864.jpg

Here you can see how high you are compared to the road below and we were already 1/4 of the way down.

IMG_6865.jpg

You could see Arches NP Off to the side. I had to make Annie open the window and duck because she would look out the window to take the picture. Lol

IMG_6866.jpg

This is from the bottom and I could only get part of the mountain in the picture. You can just see the trail about half way up above where the slate rock is laying flat against the hill. Again not a terribly difficult trail just a nice mix all the way through. There's some serious rock crawling trails here and some really bad ass Jeeps we've seen.

IMG_6868.jpg

Here's more info from a mountain bike trail guide. I was wrong it's not a mile it's 2 miles around that mountain which we did in reverse from 113 and ended on 191.

https://intermountainhealthcare.org...althy-hikes/find-a-hike/gemini-bridges-trail/
Annie is a brave woman!:whew:

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Annie is a brave woman!:whew:
Trust me if I told her about this section before leaving she wouldn't have went. I saw the pictures online before doing it. Sometimes it's best to play dumb and say "I didn't know it was like this". ??

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Simply Amazing and breath taking :like:

Back in the day it would have been a great place to unload luggage if you catch my drift :LOL:
Thanks Greg!!

Kind of like in Goodfellas? :shock::bandit:

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
You need more "money shots" with the Ranger in there , and get a few with the shelter doggo you picked up... you did get the dog didn't you? ?
There’s no need. Some of the ASU gang and I made a run to the Goodyear ASPCA and made a bit of a withdrawal…they barely fit in Dave’s yard.

F748D07E-3888-42C5-9D11-2984E877994B.jpeg

Hey Dave, stop at PetsMart on the way back - you’re low on kibble and we need at least a case of dog poop bags. Oh heck, you might as well pick up a shelter dog too - there’s always room for one more.

Gotta go, the beer truck just arrived and we still need to repair some of the clay tiles on the roof - the good news is, you got a free skylight when the Volkswagen fell through - quit freaking out - we moved it into the Den.

Later Dave. ?

NotBudule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
There’s no need. Some of the ASU gang and I made a run to the Goodyear ASPCA and made a bit of a withdrawal…they barely fit in Dave’s yard.

F748D07E-3888-42C5-9D11-2984E877994B.jpeg

Hey Dave, stop at PetsMart on the way back - you’re low on kibble and we need at least a case of dog poop bags. Oh heck, you might as well pick up a shelter dog too - there’s always room for one more.

Gotta go, the beer truck just arrived and we still need to repair some of the clay tiles on the roof - the good news is, you got a free skylight when the Volkswagen fell through - quit freaking out - we moved it into the Den.

Later Dave. ?
Well damn , this is gona end nicely ! That's a lot of bellies to rub though ...
Sponsored