Southern Colorado (Ouray, Telluride, Durango, Silverton)

SkyLord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
If you live close enough to take this trip, I highly recommend it. I’ve done it multiple times and it just never gets old.

This ring route has:
Hiking
Camping or nice hotels
Mountain Bike Trails
Off Roading
Fishing
Mountain Climbing
Ice climbing in the winter
Skiing/ Snowboarding winter
Train Rides
Good Food
RV Campgrounds
Hot Springs

This time we towed a camper up and Ford Ranger wise, I am very pleased with how versatile this truck is.

5,000 lbs. Camper
MTB’s in the bed
Family of Four

We did all of the above mentioned with exception to the winter sports.

The Ranger did very good towing a 5,000lb camper in the most challenging towing environment I know of. Then when I needed it to do some tough off-road trails it stepped up to the challenge without breaking a sweat. The next day I hauled my MTB out to a trail head for an epic ride. It really is a great little truck if you need something that can do everything pretty well.

In 2019 I went through Ouray and there was a Toyota convention going on. Some of the best trails in the country are in the vicinity of Ouray. They made a weekend out of it and had vendors all over the place. The Ranger5g/6g and the Bronco groups should do the same and then all hit Imogene pass to Telluride. (If this is foreign to you, you need to search YouTube for Imogene Pass) It isn’t possible to make it all the way until July. If someone wants to set up an event I’d go in a heart beat.

Hope you all have a wonderful summer of adventure, cheers!

4C1DF1CF-729B-44FA-AEA8-C4C4046680C4.jpeg

038FDCD0-7E89-4067-96D4-77F76F3E0B15.jpeg

1BB4D661-C390-4ACB-AD29-09F10BC6BAFB.jpeg
Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
If you live close enough to take this trip, I highly recommend it. I’ve done it multiple times and it just never gets old.

This ring route has:
Hiking
Camping or nice hotels
Mountain Bike Trails
Off Roading
Fishing
Mountain Climbing
Ice climbing in the winter
Skiing/ Snowboarding winter
Train Rides
Good Food
RV Campgrounds
Hot Springs

This time we towed a camper up and Ford Ranger wise, I am very pleased with how versatile this truck is.

5,000 lbs. Camper
MTB’s in the bed
Family of Four

We did all of the above mentioned with exception to the winter sports.

The Ranger did very good towing a 5,000lb camper in the most challenging towing environment I know of. Then when I needed it to do some tough off-road trails it stepped up to the challenge without breaking a sweat. The next day I hauled my MTB out to a trail head for an epic ride. It really is a great little truck if you need something that can do everything pretty well.

In 2019 I went through Ouray and there was a Toyota convention going on. Some of the best trails in the country are in the vicinity of Ouray. They made a weekend out of it and had vendors all over the place. The Ranger5g/6g and the Bronco groups should do the same and then all hit Imogene pass to Telluride. (If this is foreign to you, you need to search YouTube for Imogene Pass) It isn’t possible to make it all the way until July. If someone wants to set up an event I’d go in a heart beat.

Hope you all have a wonderful summer of adventure, cheers!

4C1DF1CF-729B-44FA-AEA8-C4C4046680C4.jpeg

038FDCD0-7E89-4067-96D4-77F76F3E0B15.jpeg

1BB4D661-C390-4ACB-AD29-09F10BC6BAFB.jpeg
That's awesome and it looks like you had a great trip. We're heading to Durango/Silverton next Friday and will be there for a week. I'll have to try and check out these areas while there.

OP
OP

SkyLord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
That's awesome and it looks like you had a great trip. We're heading to Durango/Silverton next Friday and will be there for a week. I'll have to try and check out these areas while there.
Awesome! The Silverton pass to Ouray is the most scenic drive I’ve ever taken. There are a bunch of short hikes in Ouray. Cascade falls is one (.4 miles). It’s the only place I’ve ever been behind a waterfall. There is another one called Baby Bathtubs that is also only (.3 miles). We went up to Camp Bird and Yankee Boy Basin. It’s only 8 miles off of HW 550 to there. If you get a chance, it’s worth the drive.

7571D775-5E1D-4F88-8EDC-1D9B2F6FDF3A.jpeg

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Awesome! The Silverton pass to Ouray is the most scenic drive I’ve ever taken. There are a bunch of short hikes in Ouray. Cascade falls is one (.4 miles). It’s the only place I’ve ever been behind a waterfall. There is another one called Baby Bathtubs that is also only (.3 miles). We went up to Camp Bird and Yankee Boy Basin. It’s only 8 miles off of HW 550 to there. If you get a chance, it’s worth the drive.

7571D775-5E1D-4F88-8EDC-1D9B2F6FDF3A.jpeg
I just checked the map and we'll be traveling through there on our way up to South Dakota. We have a couple days to kill before getting there so we're going a little off the basic route to Montrose the east to Salida. These will be a fun place to stop and hike and see the waterfall. Thanks!