First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
303 also makes a product for leather which works well.
They make a really good leather cleaner/conditioner which I use on my couch and chair. I like the Aerospace Protectant for my Ranger because of the UV protection and it's not greasy feeling. Even with tinted windows I want all the UV protection I can get here. :sun:
Sponsored

Reactions: Ric

Rp930

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 Ford Ranger Lariat,MB GLK250,ā€™21 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Retired
Bought the Turtle Wax ice Seal and Shine. Only had time to test on the Ranger. Like it so far. A little hard to get used to putting on (stays wet) if you use too much.

As a side note it is killer on glass shower doors.

Reactions: Ric

Cape Cruiser

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
31 Ford-20 Ranger Lariat FX4- 19 Ranger Lariat 4x2
Occupation
retired mechanic
4 day detail done! Wow lots of work but looks great. First I did regular wash then used iron x and rewashed. Then clay bar and then car pro eraser. I applied Meguiars ceramic spray 2 coats. My neighbor used this and it beads very well but wouldnt bead on mine and didnt feel smooth and slick to touch. I wasnt happy with it so I tried Turtle wax hybrid ceramic dry spray that isnt available until 11/11/19 but they sold it to me on their website. I did 2 coats for 1 year protection and it was easy on and easy off. Paint is slick as can be now,we see how it holds up. I did paint,wheels,tonneau and glass with it.The pile of dirt in the paint on my hood fell off like a tumor and doesnt look too bad under it,I thought I would need the dealer to paint the hood but we will see. I looked online and now there are some negative posts about the validity of the spray on type ceramics,Meguiars dont even have a skin or eye warning on the bottle but real ceramic says to keep out of eyes and touching skin.Time will tell. Bret
IMG_0202.JPG

Ol Bromy

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4
Vehicle Showcase
4 day detail done! Wow lots of work but looks great. First I did regular wash then used iron x and rewashed. Then clay bar and then car pro eraser. I applied Meguiars ceramic spray 2 coats. My neighbor used this and it beads very well but wouldnt bead on mine and didnt feel smooth and slick to touch. I wasnt happy with it so I tried Turtle wax hybrid ceramic dry spray that isnt available until 11/11/19 but they sold it to me on their website. I did 2 coats for 1 year protection and it was easy on and easy off. Paint is slick as can be now,we see how it holds up. I did paint,wheels,tonneau and glass with it.The pile of dirt in the paint on my hood fell off like a tumor and doesnt look too bad under it,I thought I would need the dealer to paint the hood but we will see. I looked online and now there are some negative posts about the validity of the spray on type ceramics,Meguiars dont even have a skin or eye warning on the bottle but real ceramic says to keep out of eyes and touching skin.Time will tell. Bret
IMG_0202.JPG
Truck looks great! I doubt that these spray on ceramics will last as long as they claim, but the one that I used was so easy, Iā€™ll likely do it as often as Iā€™d wax. Iā€™m gonna use Armor Shield pretty soon, but I plan to use a ceramic spray on top every month or so as upkeep

RangerFropa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Jescar Power Lock and then Collinite 845. I used it for years with my WRX. Fairly easy to apply and great results. 303 for the plastics.

I don't plan to do much off-roading, otherwise I would have looked more into the ceramics.

Ric

First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Ok, I have used both the Motherā€™s CMX and Turtle Wax Shine and Seal.

initially, I liked the Motherā€™s CMX, but the water beading did not last 6 weeks. It worked really well on my stock Lariat rims though. Brake dust literally wipes off.

I washed my truck, used a clay bar towel, (which is the best thing ever), and applied the Turtle Wax Shine and Seal. The paint feels very smooth. The shine is great.

I also am using the 303 interior protectant. So far I like it.

Bottomline, Iā€™m sticking with the less costly Turtle Wax product. If you havenā€™t tried a clay bar towel, I recommend you do. It took much less time to rid my paint of tiny pieces of embedded dirt than using a standard clay bar and my fingers did not cramp up.

I brought the 303 Tonneau cover spray, but did not have a chance to apply it. Maybe next time.

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang

initially, I liked the Motherā€™s CMX, but the water beading did not last 6 weeks. It worked really well on my stock Lariat rims though. Brake dust literally wipes off.

I washed my truck, used a clay bar towel, (which is the best thing ever), and applied the Turtle Wax Shine and Seal. The paint feels very smooth. The shine is great.

Bottomline, Iā€™m sticking with the less costly Turtle Wax product. If you havenā€™t tried a clay bar towel, I recommend you do. It took much less time to rid my paint of tiny pieces of embedded dirt than using a standard clay bar and my fingers did not cramp up.

I brought the 303 Tonneau cover spray, but did not have a chance to apply it. Maybe next time.

How long have you had the Turtle Wax on? Does it seem to be beading longer than the CMX?

Ric

First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
How long have you had the Turtle Wax on? Does it seem to be beading longer than the CMX?
Full disclosure, I had to detail two other vehicles before I could get to my beloved Ranger. I used the Turtle Wax Shine and Seal on both of those after having used the Motherā€™s CMX. One was done two months ago and the beading is still happening.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee

I haven;t tried a clay towel but I used a clay mitt and you're right it's so much better and easier to use than using a clay bar! Just use a lot of lube ( I use speed detailer) and literally no pressure and your paint comes out super smooth. I haven't used the 303 Tonneau Cover Spray because I use the 303 Aerospace Protectant on everything inside and out. If you haven't tried it yet give it a try. It's nice to just use one product on everything. :)

Cali_Ranger

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX
I am a believer in the Turtle Wax Seal n' Shine. My brother was raving about it and told me I had to try it on the new Ranger. I will say I am quite impressed with it. You can't beat the price per bottle, how easy it is to apply, and how it makes the paint feel like glass.

tgRanger

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat, 1988 Mustang GT, 2013 Toyota Highlander Limited
Vehicle Showcase
Jescar Power Lock and then Collinite 845. I used it for years with my WRX. Fairly easy to apply and great results. 303 for the plastics.

I don't plan to do much off-roading, otherwise I would have looked more into the ceramics.
Both GREAT products, Fantastic combination! Was a huge fan till I crossed over to ceramics :thumbsup:

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
Turtle Wax Seal and Shine (or is it Shine and Seal?), applied a few weeks ago. This is the beading after a recent rain. Iā€™m digging the Turtle Wax .

4C3F0059-1724-4BCC-8FC3-DA05109B62B5.jpeg
Thanks! Iā€™m looking forward to trying the bottle I bought but the weather just hasnā€™t cooperated.

caprtaineddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Corvette, 2020 Ranger Lariat
I've been using Zaino products for a few years now. I have a 16 year old Corvette that still looks showroom new.

Ol Bromy

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4
Vehicle Showcase
I finally applied the Armor Shield IX to my truck during thanksgiving weekend. I applied 2 coats to the paint, glass and wheels and let it cure in the garage for a few days before driving in the rain.

It was actually really easy to apply considering the truck didnā€™t need much paint correction since itā€™s pretty new. Only a wash, light polishing and an IPA wipe down.

This stuff really repels water like crazy. The paint also feels like itā€™s got a hard slippery shell on it. Iā€™m planning to do a 3rd coat in spring and maintaining with Shine Armor after that. The Shine Armor I used on my wifeā€™s car still sheds water really well too which surprised me.

75E79DE6-3C6D-4B0C-ACD0-BD552C968FC7.jpeg

32336391-38A7-4A98-975E-466CA609B32E.jpeg

2F4A79E9-6559-454C-ADB1-C392760E84C0.jpeg

A6BFA4F6-0900-4305-9619-432F9CEC26D8.jpeg
Sponsored