First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
RETIRED
I was going to look for the Meguiar's but now probably won't.
Sponsored

shred5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
I watched more videos and they seem pretty close. One protects better, one shines more etc etc.

The Turtle wax has better reviews on Amazon.

Ric

First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Thanks for posting that. Iā€™m not surprised by his Meguiarā€™s results. I tried it and I wasnā€™t impressed at all. I think Iā€™ll see if I can find the Turtle Wax stuff!
I tried the Motherā€™s CMX which I thought was fairly good. Next time, Iā€™m going try the Turtle Wax.

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
I was going to look for the Meguiar's but now probably won't.
Iā€™d say definitely donā€™t bother with it for sure. I thought maybe I got a bad bottle but after seeing that video I know thatā€™s not the case!

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
I tried the Motherā€™s CMX which I thought was fairly good. Next time, Iā€™m going try the Turtle Wax.
Let me know how they compare!

Caliope

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger CC 4WD Lariat, 2022 Bronco Sport OB
Those who use Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic spray-on wax Should watch this video it really surprised me:

I posted that I used Turtle Wax Ice in a much earlier post in this thread, and am not surprised by the test results. I have been using it for more than 10 years. I think that it's greatest attribute is that it can be used on plastic. I found that it restored some of "blackness" to the exterior black plastic trim on my '06 Ranger.

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Fort Mill/Indian Land area South Carolina
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lariat Sport and 19 Lincoln MKC Reserve
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I personally use the Zaino care system. I use the Z-2 with the ZFX curing mixed in. I have used Zaino for years on several vehicles and love it. Can't say it's better than some of these other products mentioned in this thread since I haven't used them but I can say the Zaino is the best I've ever used. That includes the years I showed my 1969 Mach I I restored. Your always looking for the best when you show a car. :like:
Have you used the ZCS? I love it. Especially when I follow up with Z8.
I started using Zaino years ago when I had a '69 Corvette garage show car queen.

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I saw the Turtle Wax stuff at Walmart today... didnā€™t buy it yet though, maybe next time! The weather is getting too cold so maybe in the spring!

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I saw the Turtle Wax stuff at Walmart today... didnā€™t buy it yet though, maybe next time! The weather is getting too cold so maybe in the spring!
Since you're not going to do this until the spring you should take a look at Optimums products. I've been using them for about 5 years now and have been very happy with them. They have great UV protection,last a long time and are super easy to apply. They cost a little more on average but you only use a couple sprays per panel (less is more) so it actually goes much further per bottle. I haven't used their ceramic coatings and was contemplating it with the Ranger but I've been more than impressed with their Opti-Seal and Optimum Spray Wax I didn't want to change. Their products are all available on Amazon too.

https://www.opticoat.com/shop-categories/

Last edited:

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Since you're not going to do this until the spring you should take a look at Optimums products. I've been using them for about 5 tears now and have been very happy with them. They have great UV protection,last a long time and are super easy to apply. They cost a little more on average but you only use a couple sprays per panel (less is more) so it actually goes much further per bottle. I haven't used their ceramic coatings and was contemplating it with the Ranger but I've been more than impressed with their Opti-Seal and Optimum Spray Wax I didn't want to change. Their products are all available on Amazon too.

https://www.opticoat.com/shop-categories/
I actually ended up buying a bottle of the Turtle Wax stuff today while I was out anyways! If we get a nice day while I have time Iā€™ll try it out and then look into the Optimum stuff for the spring!

shred5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
I used the Turtle way Ice seal and shine on my truck and our Toyota yesterday.
I am impressed. I have tired synthetic waxes and stuff and never liked them.
I have always been a carnauba wax person, I always like the richness of it. I just never had luck with any of the synthetic waxes. They left my car or truck streaky and required to much work. Just such a pain.

I am very very impressed, it went on with ease.. It does not have the deep color of just a carnauba but it is very very close. It is almost mirror like.
The truck was so slippery the door slipped out of my hand when I went to close it this morning at work.

I cant comment on how long it last or how well it beads but I like it. My favorite part is it did not leave white on my moldings. Matter of fact I used it on some of the molding and it really looked nice.

I did clay-bar some of it and polish some of the scratches but my paint is already in good shape.

A guy I work with noticed how it looked today and I have waxed it before and he never noticed it.
He was asking how I got it like that.

I know it is hard to see in a picture.
So shiny you can see my neighbors ugly house.

20191027_124512ss.jpg

Last edited:

Ol Bromy

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Today I used Shine Armor on my wifeā€™s golf wagon...I would have loved to have applied it to my Ranger, but sheā€™s got fresh paint on the fender from a recent small repair, so Iā€™m waiting for a month. The Shine Armor was super easy to apply and the car looks fantastic! Super shiny and feels extremely slippery to the touch. I doubt that itā€™ll last as long as they advertise, but itā€™s so easy to apply that I wonā€™t mind reapplying every month or so. My plan is to use AvalonKing Armor Shield on my truck which Iā€™ve got in the garage, but Iā€™ll probably wait until spring.

Are my fellow Lariat owners planning to use any conditioners on the leather seats? Iā€™m sure theyā€™re sealed and I see that Ford only recommends a Motorcraft cleaner.

71832F2F-8753-42D2-9D3D-52610B5B82A1.jpeg

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Today I used Shine Armor on my wifeā€™s golf wagon...I would have loved to have applied it to my Ranger, but sheā€™s got fresh paint on the fender from a recent small repair, so Iā€™m waiting for a month. The Shine Armor was super easy to apply and the car looks fantastic! Super shiny and feels extremely slippery to the touch. I doubt that itā€™ll last as long as they advertise, but itā€™s so easy to apply that I wonā€™t mind reapplying every month or so. My plan is to use AvalonKing Armor Shield on my truck which Iā€™ve got in the garage, but Iā€™ll probably wait until spring.

Are my fellow Lariat owners planning to use any conditioners on the leather seats? Iā€™m sure theyā€™re sealed and I see that Ford only recommends a Motorcraft cleaner.

71832F2F-8753-42D2-9D3D-52610B5B82A1.jpeg
Her car looks really good. I read up a lot on the AvalonKing Armor Shield and it's a really good coating. As far as your leather seats, just use the 303 Aerospace Protectant on it.;)

Ol Bromy

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Her car looks really good. I read up a lot on the AvalonKing Armor Shield and it's a really good coating. As far as your leather seats, just use the 303 Aerospace Protectant on it.;)
Thanks man....the 303 is really good stuff. The Golf got the full 303 treatment today too. The carā€™s only 3 years old, but the plastic and rubber were looking a little weathered. It came right back to life after using the 303.

I ordered the Armor Shield just before my truck got damaged and I canā€™t wait to apply it. Looks like a great product

Rp930

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 Ford Ranger Lariat, ā€˜23 Macan,ā€™21 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Retired
303 also makes a product for leather which works well.
Sponsored