Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired 34 years as LEO
Vehicle Showcase
I agree that it's nice we can turn the sensors off, I wonder if down the road a reflash on the computer might adjust the sensors to be more or less sensitive? In bad weather it would be nice to have them, has not happened again, haven't had any snow. I really like having it, makes it easier to ease into a space with something in front of you.
Sponsored

Cape Cruiser

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
31 Ford-20 Ranger Lariat FX4- 19 Ranger Lariat 4x2
Occupation
retired mechanic
I get a single tone beep and then nothing,no indicator on dash or anything. I have no idea what is causing it.

acsnowrider

First Name
JOHN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RANGER XLT
Occupation
RETIRED FORD ELECTRONIC/DRIVEABILITY TECH
Vehicle Showcase
Each time I read one of these threads I recall why we intentionally bought an XL in an effort to avoid the unnecessary technology.
Foiled by my "baser instinct" again!!:shock: Went to the dealer, saw something shiny and bought it!! They've been using these bumper sensors for many years now, and I didn't even know you could buy one without them!!! But, I know where the "off" switch is!

Last edited:

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
Foiled by my "baser instinct" again!!:shock: Went to the dealer, saw something shiny and bought it!! They've been using these bumper sensors for many years now, and I didn't even know you could buy one without them!!! But, I know where the "off" switch is!
I've always wondered what your insurance carrier would say if you had an accident but had the sensors turned off?

acsnowrider

First Name
JOHN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RANGER XLT
Occupation
RETIRED FORD ELECTRONIC/DRIVEABILITY TECH
Vehicle Showcase
I've always wondered what your insurance carrier would say if you had an accident but had the sensors turned off?
Probably the same thing they said to the person, who submitted a written accident report that said "I was just driving down the road, and the telephone pole leaped in front of me!!" :crazy:

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 SCrew
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the help. Would this make a difference if I never got a trailer connector installed. I only have a hitch
If you have the tow package, they should be right in the bumper to the left of the license plate. If not, it's probably up tucked around the hitch somewhere, and if it's not factory, it's even more likely to be an issue, lots of those aftermarket plugs and caps aren't great. To compound what Phil said, after you clean it out with WD40 to get out the water, load it up with some dielectric grease, that'll keep the water and crud out of it, and is electrically safe (doesn't conduct electricity) to fill up the plug with.
Sponsored