First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Ranger FX4 Lariat (totaled), 23 Audi Q5
Occupation
Automating Buildings and confusing humans
the part about an evasive maneuver becoming dangerous?

that's hogwash and utter nonsense. Even under the highest setting it does not have that power over anyone.
I'll entertain you with a response. You have your opinion and I have mine. We have that choice.

When you execute an evasive maneuver and you get a much different feeling and resistance than you're used to, it creates distraction. You do react and overcome but it creates a feeling of distrust in that system. I chose not to use the active lane assist anymore due to that event. I have occasionally used the warning (shaker) feature but not the active assist feature since then.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Jason B

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XL STX SE 4x2
Occupation
machinist
My STX doesn't have that feature. But I wonder. Is it something you have to turn off every time you start the truck as you do with ASS? Or does it remember your last setting?
Asking for a friend, who happens to be my mom with that feature in her Escape.

navsnipe

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Ranger FX4 Lariat (totaled), 23 Audi Q5
Occupation
Automating Buildings and confusing humans
My STX doesn't have that feature. But I wonder. Is it something you have to turn off every time you start the truck as you do with ASS? Or does it remember your last setting?
I had it my 2020 Lariat and I did not have to turn it off each time I started it. I would go out and test it to see if I turn it on if it stays on but my truck is at coparts after losing at bumper cars last Friday.

FusedLogic

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT FX4 Splash
Occupation
Retired - Air Cargo Industry
So I checked it out at lunch, and went straight to the end of the turn signal stalk, and found the little (previously ignored) switch, and flipped it off. The indicator no longer comes on. I probably accidently turned it on, because although I don't remember it, I probably turned it off shortly after getting the truck.

Ranger5g comes thru again. Thanks. :thumbsup:
I'm glad you solved the problem. My guess was it was due to the illusive "Missing or Faulty Tailgate Damper" issue.

Dr_Strangelove

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 XLT Supercrew 4x4
Occupation
Art & Design

The setting is stored and will not reset. If you leave it off with the turn signal stalk button it will remain off until you re-activate it with the button. I leave mine off. The position of the button just makes it easy to accidentally flick while using the turn signal. I've noticed I sometimes activate mine unintentionally as well.

daczone

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
The lane assist feature is totally worthless IMO and almost dangerous- but the cost of its development is added into the price of the truck, unfortunately.
Yes Always off.... But I must say it's better than Toyota's:

My Mom's 23 RAV will jerk the wheel right out of your hands.

Toytec

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT 302a S/cab 4X4 w/diff lock MG
Occupation
Automotive technician, Retired.
Vehicle Showcase
As warning indicators go, I was always told green=good, amber=alert, red=warning Wil Robbinson, and last but not least, we have the red triangle of death in the hybrids.

Cabose-1

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT FX2
Occupation
Student
Stay in your lane. Lol
Or it does not detect your lane. Only one side is green and thebother is not showing. You either crossed to far, or no lanebon the right to detect. Its warning you that you are about to crashbinto the shoulder. The on off button is on the end of the wiper control.
If the road is real straight and no traffic. For safety
You can bounce back and forth between lanes with the steering assist on. Then get the warning
Keep hands on wheel.

Lol
Sponsored