Ramesh

First Name
Ramesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
So, both of these would be map data limitations. The "Find Bevmo" won't work straight off as HERE doesn't appear to declare that as a "chain" in the data. The second one could be older map data. When I run a search, I see one location in Los Altos, 4700 El Camino Real to be exact. Is that the one you were looking for?
@UofMEngineer Yes, that is the one I was looking for. It finds it if I enter the address manually.
Sponsored

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20' Escape Hybrid,18' Fusion Hybrid
@UofMEngineer Yes, that is the one I was looking for. It finds it if I enter the address manually.
So, try using "Bevmo" as a search term. When I use "Beverages & More", I don't see it. The latter alias isn't linked to that location in the HERE data for whatever reason.

Ramesh

First Name
Ramesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
So, try using "Bevmo" as a search term. When I use "Beverages & More", I don't see it. The latter alias isn't linked to that location in the HERE data for whatever reason.
@UofMEngineer Thanks. I hope they update the maps soon. When I went to San Luis Wild Life Refuge, the Navigation took to me to a different spot where the gate was closed and not an official entrance. I then I had to get the right address from Google and enter it to get to the main entrance.
The same happened to another Wild Life Refuge.

Ramesh

First Name
Ramesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Fortunately it has not taken me off the cliff or in the water like Apple Maps. :like::LOL:

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@UofMEngineer Thanks. I hope they update the maps soon. When I went to San Luis Wild Life Refuge, the Navigation took to me to a different spot where the gate was closed and not an official entrance. I then I had to get the right address from Google and enter it to get to the main entrance.
The same happened to another Wild Life Refuge.
Ouch. Yeah, this one I'm using now is 20Q2, so hopefully that makes it out there sooner than later. I checked the HERE data on the mapcreator.here.com site, and there too it doesn't have "Beverages & More" linked to the Los Altos location, only "Bevmo!". Of course it does seem the "Beverages & More" stores are linked to "Bevmo!" though, maybe from the name change. The joys of map data.

Ramesh

First Name
Ramesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Ouch. Yeah, this one I'm using now is 20Q2, so hopefully that makes it out there sooner than later. I checked the HERE data on the mapcreator.here.com site, and there too it doesn't have "Beverages & More" linked to the Los Altos location, only "Bevmo!". Of course it does seem the "Beverages & More" stores are linked to "Bevmo!" though, maybe from the name change. The joys of map data.
@UofMEngineer Having a tough time getting Journeys recorded. It records sometime and last time it recorded 3 journeys out of 5 and all were blank with no data! Tried Master reset on Vehicle and uninstalling and installing app on Android multiple times and ensuring it was excluded from Battery savings and Sleep.

What could be causing this and how do I get it to record consistently?

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@UofMEngineer Having a tough time getting Journeys recorded. It records sometime and last time it recorded 3 journeys out of 5 and all were blank with no data! Tried Master reset on Vehicle and uninstalling and installing app on Android multiple times and ensuring it was excluded from Battery savings and Sleep.

What could be causing this and how do I get it to record consistently?
Can't help there. I've never actually used that myself.

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Sport 4x4
Occupation
Retired
Exceedingly likely you pulled the stick early so the install didn't complete leaving you with no nav voice data. Re-run it and wait until the "install complete" pop-up sticks on screen. It's a three part install, the first two will quickly auto restart after the pop-up displays. The third, when it's finally done, waits for you to acknowledge. Usually takes around an hour+.
So, are you saying that even after I get the screen that states “ Installation Complete”. You may now remove your USB device”. that I should leave it in for a while longer?

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So, are you saying that even after I get the screen that states “ Installation Complete”. You may now remove your USB device”. that I should leave it in for a while longer?
Yes. It'll restart itself shortly after popping up the first two times. The last time, it'll sit on screen waiting for you to do something.

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Yes. It'll restart itself shortly after popping up the first two times. The last time, it'll sit on screen waiting for you to do something.
I first upgraded to Sync 3.4 21020 with no issues.
As you suggested, I reloaded the map update USB again and let the Installation Complete screen sit for around 30 minutes before removing the USB. Still no NAV voice.
I tried to install it a third time and this time it says Installation Complete Remove USB right away. I checked the IVSU screen like you suggested and the “422” file is present. So how confident are you that if I do a Master Reset that the NAV voice will return? I am a little hesitant to do this because I will lose all of my presets, favourites and phone settings.

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
I have had a Ford touch with sync vehicle since 2013 and it has never, I repeat NEVER worked for navigation unless I physically type in the exact street address, and even then it has taken me to the wrong location. Just download waze and tell Ford how you feel about it with your wallet next time.

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I first upgraded to Sync 3.4 21020 with no issues.
As you suggested, I reloaded the map update USB again and let the Installation Complete screen sit for around 30 minutes before removing the USB. Still no NAV voice.
I tried to install it a third time and this time it says Installation Complete Remove USB right away. I checked the IVSU screen like you suggested and the “422” file is present. So how confident are you that if I do a Master Reset that the NAV voice will return? I am a little hesitant to do this because I will lose all of my presets, favourites and phone settings.
Confident enough that I’d do it if it were my vehicle. I don’t believe I’ve run across anyone where it didn’t work when all files were physically present after the update. Does it still just abruptly end when you try to locate an address/POI?

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Confident enough that I’d do it if it were my vehicle. I don’t believe I’ve run across anyone where it didn’t work when all files were physically present after the update. Does it still just abruptly end when you try to locate an address/POI?
Navigation works just fine if I manually enter a POI. Its just the voice commands that no longer function after the Map update. Will a Master Reset change my current Sync 3.4 or 2019 Map updates?

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Navigation works just fine if I manually enter a POI. Its just the voice commands that no longer function after the Map update. Will a Master Reset change my current Sync 3.4 or 2019 Map updates?
It will wipe settings, favorites, etc. and you’d need to reconnect FordPass if you use it. It won’t impact the actual maps and core software at all. It may end up helping some voice items depending on what software you started from as it’ll re-generate all the databases it needs. Mainly if you started with v3.3. Double check that the 14G422 is still installed.

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
This post started in Aug 2020. Is it working yet? LOL Does it show China? The fix is Turn off the truck, plug in your phone. Use your map app on the phone, tell it where you want to go, and follow the directions that the cute sounding voice gives you. You may then start your truck and proceed. Hasta la vista, baby. :cool:
Sponsored