FordPass not working

CMJT

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat, 2017 Subaru Outback
Haven't been able to start my truck for three days using the app. Anyone else having this issue???
Sponsored

Hedgie

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger xlt , 2014 Harley triglide
Occupation
Retired firefighter/medic
My key works every time lol

OP
OP
CMJT

CMJT

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My key works every time lol
My push button does every time as well. Damn FordPass seems to work about 80% of the time.

Wheazy

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 XLT
I had a problem a few months ago where it wouldn't start. Did the text help on the ford owners site and after a few minutes of him fiddling around with it, the guy came back and said the "modem" was bad in the truck and wanted me to take it in. I tried it one more time after that, and it has worked flawlessly since then........granted I don't use it often.

IdahoRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
RETIRED
Worked fine tonight but I don't use it often.

Andrew

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Sport
It works about 95% of the time for me via phone and maybe 80% via watch.

OP
OP
CMJT

CMJT

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Called Ford Pass support and was told my modem doesn’t appear to be working and will have to go to dealer. 6 weeks and it already is not working. Wow

Muscam1

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariet
Called Ford Pass support and was told my modem doesn’t appear to be working and will have to go to dealer. 6 weeks and it already is not working. Wow
Same here - talked to FordPass support today and after walking through some setting checking - they think it's my modem. They found a TCU/modem service bulletin (not sure they called it bulletin - maybe something else) on my TCU for my VIN. Guess I'll have the dealer check the TCU and the tail light recall at the same time.

Strange part is that FordPass app had been working ok up until Jan 3rd

OP
OP
CMJT

CMJT

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Was going to take mine in and it just started working again after 3 weeks of not working. Weird

TylerV76

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4
Occupation
Emissions testing supplier
Was going to take mine in and it just started working again after 3 weeks of not working. Weird
Im not going to say don't take it in if it makes you feel better but I will tell you the "Modem isn't working" excuse is customer service having no clue why it isn't working. This is my 4th car with FordPass and this is just how it works. It'll be fine for a while then out of nowhere it goes to crap. imo its their servers and the actual software this system is running on. Its not reliable but when it works its pretty convenient.

Muscam1

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariet
Im not going to say don't take it in if it makes you feel better but I will tell you the "Modem isn't working" excuse is customer service having no clue why it isn't working. This is my 4th car with FordPass and this is just how it works. It'll be fine for a while then out of nowhere it goes to crap. imo its their servers and the actual software this system is running on. Its not reliable but when it works its pretty convenient.
Thanks for the reality check...you are probably right. This is my first FordPass vehicle. Maybe I'll give it some time before taking it in. The strange part is that it was working fine until Jan 3rd. I tried a remote start on the 4th and it didn't work. Then on the app I noticed the location of my truck was on the other side of town. I had to go check to see if it was still in my driveway. The app must have froze with my last location on the 3rd :(

TylerV76

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4
Occupation
Emissions testing supplier
Thanks for the reality check...you are probably right. This is my first FordPass vehicle. Maybe I'll give it some time before taking it in. The strange part is that it was working fine until Jan 3rd. I tried a remote start on the 4th and it didn't work. Then on the app I noticed the location of my truck was on the other side of town. I had to go check to see if it was still in my driveway. The app must have froze with my last location on the 3rd :(
Unfortunately thats pretty normal. My last car, an escape, didnt have remote start on the key and you could only use the app. That was a nightmare last winter. Sometimes it would work in the morning but not at night, other times it would switch and sometimes just fail all together. I told my sales guy right off the bat, “the Ranger better have remote start on the key or I dont want it”.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Folks,

Shame on Ford...as a former employee...It is embarrassing to me that the company has such a poor performance of Fordpass...I do not use it as well as Sync 3.3...both are an abomination... Ford need to get their act together....Seamless performance on or none at all....

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
they just need to hire a 16yr old kid. he'll have that shit fixed in a day or two
No, the 16 year old kid will only make it WORK for a day or two and then it will fall on its face. 16 year old kids may know a ton about computers, but they know very little about high availability, scaleable systems. They are not easy to do and take time, money and experience to do correctly.

I know you were posting in jest, but.....

OP
OP
CMJT

CMJT

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It sucks because I don't have the remote starter on my key and live in Maine. Its nice to land at airport every week in Portland and have my car started and semi warmed up by the time I get to garage. It gets slightly chilly here in the winter.
Sponsored