First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Sport 4x4
Occupation
Retired
It will wipe settings, favorites, etc. and you’d need to reconnect FordPass if you use it. It won’t impact the actual maps and core software at all. It may end up helping some voice items depending on what software you started from as it’ll re-generate all the databases it needs. Mainly if you started with v3.3. Double check that the 14G422 is still installed.
I am starting with Sync 3.4 10210 so should there be any issues?
The IVSU shows that the 14G422 file is present
Sponsored

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20' Escape Hybrid,18' Fusion Hybrid
I am starting with Sync 3.4 10210 so should there be any issues?
The IVSU shows that the 14G422 file is present
Nope, you should be fine. Sometimes after an update it seems like that Nav Voice pack isn’t mounted. If you want to confirm that, connect to WiFi, enable the SYNC Analytics & Diagnostics option, then submit a bug report. Select a Voice item, like command not working. It’ll be easier for me to find that way. Then so can make sure it’s throwing the expected error that omit can’t access the data. The vast majority of the time a master reset will fix that if the package is loaded already.

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Sport 4x4
Occupation
Retired
Nope, you should be fine. Sometimes after an update it seems like that Nav Voice pack isn’t mounted. If you want to confirm that, connect to WiFi, enable the SYNC Analytics & Diagnostics option, then submit a bug report. Select a Voice item, like command not working. It’ll be easier for me to find that way. Then so can make sure it’s throwing the expected error that omit can’t access the data. The vast majority of the time a master reset will fix that if the package is loaded already.
I finally did a Master Reset and everything is back to normal. Navigation Voice Control is back!!
I had to spent a couple of hours adding all of my radio presets, navigation favourites, pairing my phone, updating FordPass app, etc but it was so worth it.
Thankyou so much for all of your help with this concern.

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I finally did a Master Reset and everything is back to normal. Navigation Voice Control is back!!
I had to spent a couple of hours adding all of my radio presets, navigation favourites, pairing my phone, updating FordPass app, etc but it was so worth it.
Thankyou so much for all of your help with this concern.
Good to hear. Any time.

Jota

First Name
Fernando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus (2018 model)
If it went through the map update completely and they still don't work, then it could be that the images didn't mount post update. A master reset will get it going. Not sure if you / the dealer tried that?

SYNC will restart itself as needed. Leave the vehicle alone until it gets through all of the self restarts and that pop-up message sticks on screen. As in it has sat there for 30 seconds to a minute just to be safe. The update can take a while. Normally it's been 50ish minutes for me, but some have reported longer times depending on USB drives.
Hello,

I'm writting from Madrid (Spain) just to thank you all (especially UofMEngineer) for finding solution to the problem: navigation commands do not work after map update. Root cause: map install shows a pop-up asking for key cycle but actually installation has not finished yet. Solution: "Leave the vehicle alone until it gets through all of the self restarts and that pop-up message sticks on screen". The same screen is shown several times but only once it has finished, it sticks permanently on screen. For my Ford Focus (2018 model) FULL maps update took 1 hour and 53 minutes. In mi case no need to restart any setup.
Thanks for making me so happy as I was very dissapointed/angry because I had lost navigation commands while trying to update maps.
I have attached key cycle spanish screen.
Some explananation on spanish so they can find also solution, as I didn't find solution in Google in spanish.
Si te han dejado de funcionar los comandos de búsqueda por voz de sync para Ford después de actualizar los mapas, el problema es debido a que se muestran varias veces la misma pantalla solicitando que se haga un ciclo de llave completo pero es falso; la solución: hay que esperar hasta que el mensaje se muestra de forma permanente (no se reinicia sólo). El proceso en mi Ford Focus modelo 2018 tardó 1 hora y 53 minutos, pero después se solucionó sin tener que hacer nada más.

Regards,

20210721_211733.jpg

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hello,

I'm writting from Madrid (Spain) just to thank you all (especially UofMEngineer) for finding solution to the problem: navigation commands do not work after map update. Root cause: map install shows a pop-up asking for key cycle but actually installation has not finished yet. Solution: "Leave the vehicle alone until it gets through all of the self restarts and that pop-up message sticks on screen". The same screen is shown several times but only once it has finished, it sticks permanently on screen.
Estoy feliz de ayudar.

Jamesb

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat, 501A, Build Date 12/19
Occupation
Engineering
Hi all...UofM

I've just finished reading this entire thread as I have the same issue with Voice commands not working as the op did.

The problem I have is I did a manual "check for updates" over wifi to confirm my sync install update and It found a new map update and started DL. Prob is I can't leave my truck on for two days waiting for it to dl such a huge file over wifi.

Suggestions on my next step? Do I have to do a master reset to get my voice nav back? Will I lose my sync updates?

Appreciate any support.

Cheers,
James

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi all...UofM

I've just finished reading this entire thread as I have the same issue with Voice commands not working as the op did.

The problem I have is I did a manual "check for updates" over wifi to confirm my sync install update and It found a new map update and started DL. Prob is I can't leave my truck on for two days waiting for it to dl such a huge file over wifi.

Suggestions on my next step? Do I have to do a master reset to get my voice nav back? Will I lose my sync updates?

Appreciate any support.

Cheers,
James
Hmm. For the OTA, that (in theory) should not happen as it should pull the voice pack, then update it. Can you check the IVSU Versions screen to see what packages are installed? It's *possible* a MR fixes it if it's just a case of the new image not loading. The map will slowly pul down updates each time you connect to Wi-Fi.

Jamesb

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineering
Hmm. For the OTA, that (in theory) should not happen as it should pull the voice pack, then update it. Can you check the IVSU Versions screen to see what packages are installed? It's *possible* a MR fixes it if it's just a case of the new image not loading. The map will slowly pul down updates each time you connect to Wi-Fi.
Hi Mate,

Appreciate you taking the time here on this forum, many of us do.

I worked on this last night, even ended up doing a MR but the voice commands just don't work. "find an address" then just closes. Nothing.

Do I need to have to spend $50 on nav update usb? Ridiculous you don't get free updates for X years or whatever. I took a number of pictures from the Diag window on versions so please let me know if you need anything else. Its running 3.4 - 21098 build.

Cheers,

James

20210802_103115_resized.jpg

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi Mate,

Appreciate you taking the time here on this forum, many of us do.

I worked on this last night, even ended up doing a MR but the voice commands just don't work. "find an address" then just closes. Nothing.

Do I need to have to spend $50 on nav update usb? Ridiculous you don't get free updates for X years or whatever. I took a number of pictures from the Diag window on versions so please let me know if you need anything else. Its running 3.4 - 21098 build.

Cheers,

James

20210802_103115_resized.jpg
Yeah, the voice nav pack is missing. You can pull the matching US English one and do a manual update to get it working again. On the latest build, it will prompt you to complete the map update for those commands when the file is missing instead of dropping out. One guess why that was added...

Also not sure why the 20Q2 map update isn't available from the USB map update site yet. It should be free to download like the 19Q1 when it does roll out.

Jamesb

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineering
Yeah, the voice nav pack is missing. You can pull the matching US English one and do a manual update to get it working again. On the latest build, it will prompt you to complete the map update for those commands when the file is missing instead of dropping out. One guess why that was added...

Also not sure why the 20Q2 map update isn't available from the USB map update site yet. It should be free to download like the 19Q1 when it does roll out.
I've tried a number of times but it just seems to be stuck on trying to dl the OTA version of the upgrade.

Frustrating.. I can't dl the old version, the new one costs $50 cad and stuck in the middle. MR didn't work so..next suggestion mate?

Cheers,
James

20210803_102429.jpg

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've tried a number of times but it just seems to be stuck on trying to dl the OTA version of the upgrade.

Frustrating.. I can't dl the old version, the new one costs $50 cad and stuck in the middle. MR didn't work so..next suggestion mate?

Cheers,
James

20210803_102429.jpg
Yeah, that's another chunk of the map. You can let it go, or create your own installer with the file I linked above and install the voice pack that way. Worked fine for one other person that had the same problem (missing nav voice) after the map update OTA.

Last edited:

Jamesb

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineering
Yeah, that's another chunk of the map. You can let it go, or create your own installer with the file I linked above and install the voice pack that way. Worked fine for one other person that had the same problem (missing nav voice) after the map update OTA.
"Let it go..." :shock: That'll probably cost me more than $50 in fuel!!! :crackup:

I'll try doing the install file you sent over. Although when I tried earlier because of the OTA update it didn't see the USB file. Going to turn of wifi and try again.

Cheers for your help,

James
Sponsored