Ramesh

First Name
Ramesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, it is at V3.4. How do I enable diagnostics?

Really strange. Would need to see logs on the module to actually see what might be going on. Have you update the core software to v3.4 yet? I’d guess no as this issue has generally happened only with map updates on v3.3. If you update to v3.4 and enable the diagnostics, you can push a log in with a bug report, etc.
Sponsored

Ramesh

First Name
Ramesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
@UofMEngineer : I did the Voice Navigation command that failed and submitted feedback. Diagnostics was on already.

Let me know what info. you need from me.

Thanks!

Ramesh

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20' Escape Hybrid,18' Fusion Hybrid
@UofMEngineer : I did the Voice Navigation command that failed and submitted feedback. Diagnostics was on already.

Let me know what info. you need from me.

Thanks!

Ramesh
Roundabout what time did you submit it? Also, do you have the option enabled to send in failed commands? That'd make it easier to find.

Ramesh

First Name
Ramesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
@UofMEngineer Around 5:20pm - 5:30pm Pacific. Yes, send in failed commands was on if I am right.

Roundabout what time did you submit it? Also, do you have the option enabled to send in failed commands? That'd make it easier to find.

Ramesh

First Name
Ramesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
@UofMEngineer Did another master reset and tried again. Did another diagnostic upload around 10:11am Pacific. After reset I did reboot the system.

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@UofMEngineer Did another master reset and tried again. Did another diagnostic upload around 10:11am Pacific. After reset I did reboot the system.
OK. Which build of 3.4 are you using, and which option for the bug report did you use? Voice - Command not working? I'll glance through when I get a chance to see if it came through.

EDIT: Found it. As expected the English voice pack isn’t there. It’s showing it loading the Spanish one, which is odd. I’m not versed in the OTA logs but it looks like maybe it started the map update OTA? That could explain the Spanish voice pack being there as I think that one updates first. If you still have the map installer USB you can edit the script to only install the English voice pack and see if that fixes it. It should’ve done it though anyway when you re-ran the map install, unless it go removed early again.

Last edited:

Ramesh

First Name
Ramesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
@UofMEngineer Thanks a bunch!

Build 20282_PRODUCT installed by the Ford Service tech at Frontier Ford, San Jose last Thursday. I will download and load to USB again and try.

I will try to edit and install English voice pack only.

OK. Which build of 3.4 are you using, and which option for the bug report did you use? Voice - Command not working? I'll glance through when I get a chance to see if it came through.

I will look into the script and edit to install English Only.

Thanks!!

EDIT: Found it. As expected the English voice pack isn’t there. It’s showing it loading the Spanish one, which is odd. I’m not versed in the OTA logs but it looks like maybe it started the map update OTA? That could explain the Spanish voice pack being there as I think that one updates first. If you still have the map installer USB you can edit the script to only install the English voice pack and see if that fixes it. It should’ve done it though anyway when you re-ran the map install, unless it go removed early again.

Last edited:

Ramesh

First Name
Ramesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
@UofMEngineer Which one is the Spanish pack?
Hard to know which one is Spanish voice pack. :).

Also, the first line of the autoinstall.lst says "[SYNCGen3.0_3.2312.18005_PRODUCT]", does this mean I got older version downloaded from Ford website?

1611513625886.png

Last edited:

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@UofMEngineer Which one is the Spanish pack?
Hard to know which one is Spanish voice pack. :).

Also, the first line of the autoinstall.lst says "[SYNCGen3.0_3.2312.18005_PRODUCT]", does this mean I got older version downloaded from Ford website?
No, this is fine. The voice packs are the 14G422's. So, CAF = English, CBF = Spanish, CCF = French. From memory they all load in the last section of the install. So, if the map is already there, you can try running only that section of the installer.

Ramesh

First Name
Ramesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
@UofMEngineer

Tried installing just the English Voice Pack with this installer. It worked but was very slow in response and so I did a Master Reset and after that screen went blank on reboot. Tried reboot again with power + up seek button hold for 10+ seconds and screen is still blank. Turned off engine and opened and closed the door and restarted the engine and screen is still blank on power on.
:shock:

[SYNCGen3.0_ALL]
Item1 = 4U5T-14G422-CAF
Open1 = SyncMyRide\4U5T-14G422-CAF.tar.gz
Options = Delay, Include ,Transaction

No, this is fine. The voice packs are the 14G422's. So, CAF = English, CBF = Spanish, CCF = French. From memory they all load in the last section of the install. So, if the map is already there, you can try running only that section of the installer.

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@UofMEngineer

Tried installing just the English Voice Pack with this installer. It worked but was very slow in response and so I did a Master Reset and after that screen went blank on reboot. Tried reboot again with power + up seek button hold for 10+ seconds and screen is still blank. Turned off engine and opened and closed the door and restarted the engine and screen is still blank on power on.
:shock:

[SYNCGen3.0_ALL]
Item1 = 4U5T-14G422-CAF
Open1 = SyncMyRide\4U5T-14G422-CAF.tar.gz
Options = Delay, Include ,Transaction
Odd. Leave it off for about 5 minutes to make sure it fully shuts off. For Options, the Autoinstall, Delay would've been enough.

Ramesh

First Name
Ramesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
@UofMEngineer Thanks!
Now it worked but voice stutters and slow touch response.
I did an upload of diagnostics just now as well for slow Voice response. I did 2 uploads.

Odd. Leave it off for about 5 minutes to make sure it fully shuts off. For Options, the Autoinstall, Delay would've been enough.

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@UofMEngineer Thanks!
Now it worked but voice stutters and slow touch response.
I did an upload of diagnostics just now as well for slow Voice response. I did 2 uploads.
While you’re driving or sitting in the driveway? Could b from downloading some OTA file (did you see a drop down?). Could also be a high CPU load from something. If it’s the former, driving out of wireless range will stop the file transfer and stop the skipping.

Ramesh

First Name
Ramesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
@UofMEngineer Thanks for the quick responses and you have been just awesome!

Build 20282_PRODUCT

Sitting in the garage. Will go for a drive soon after the KC vs Bills game!

Also, did another Master Reset and same issue of blank screen for a long time. Waited for few minutes and turned on again and it worked.

Many thanks!

While you’re driving or sitting in the driveway? Could b from downloading some OTA file (did you see a drop down?). Could also be a high CPU load from something. If it’s the former, driving out of wireless range will stop the file transfer and stop the skipping.

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@UofMEngineer Thanks for the quick responses and you have been just awesome!

Build 20282_PRODUCT

Sitting in the garage. Will go for a drive soon after the KC vs Bills game!

Also, did another Master Reset and same issue of blank screen for a long time. Waited for few minutes and turned on again and it worked.

Many thanks!
Sounds good. If it keeps doing it the only thing I can think of is there may have been an install issue somewhere along the way. The skipping would suggest the high load (same with slow response) though the prompt skips are almost always due to some ongoing file activity. If it keeps doing it they may just end up replacing the module.
Sponsored