[Updated] Ranger Ford Performance Power Pack Performance Tune Software (M-9603-REB) Released!

awd.nv

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
Computers
My thoughts exactly. Perfect opportunity for Ford to void the warranty. Maybe I will just chain my truck to a tree and do diff lock 4x4 burnouts until my tires are the correct size ?
Actually might make things easier, if I'm voiding the warranty. I won't have to have an ASE certified tech install it.
Also, with my experience with the Lexus dealership, they always find some reason not to honor the warranty anyway. Not sure if Ford dealership is the same.
While this is probably more of a regional issue than anything else, that is my main concern about doing a radiator and intercooler upgrade. Dealer using that as an excuse to void my warranty despite it helping the truck more than anything.

I was a tech for Mercedes Benz, we once good-willed a set of rear tires on an SL55 AMG because the owner said they wore out too fast. The guy literally still had rubber pieces all over this car from the donuts he was doing. Must have been friends with the service director because that was some BS and they did not care to hear me when I brought it up. I was all about helping the customer but in 2004 with a $120k car, you should buy your own tires.
Sponsored

Jason B

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XL STX SE 4x2
Occupation
machinist
So, I have the tune installed a couple weeks. Right after the install I had a trip to GA with a popup camper behind me. I like the update transmission setup and the throttle response. While I don't normally have the ProCal in the truck, if I'm towing, I found it does have a transmission temp display and I like to see that. I need to get my OBD2AA working on my phone again, then display that gauge on the Sync3 display like I had done in the past in my RS. Can get bigger and easier to read display that way.
How did you get the OBD2 app to display on the Sync3?

Reactions: Doc

Rockhound

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger 4x4 XLT
Occupation
Cabinet Installer
I finished loading the tune and just programmed tire size. I’m running 285x70Rx17 BFG M/T Km 3’s. On BFG’s site, revolutions per mile are 635 for that tire. I plugged that number into the ProCal tool and my speedometer is now accurate. I didn’t think it would take over 265x70x17, so I’m stoked it worked.

Rangering

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat, 2000 Ford HD, RZR, DRZSM
No. In 'D' it still skips second gear. When this tune was first released, it said 'not for towing'. This is just saying that the tune has been reworked so that it's safe to tow. In tow mode, it will grab second, instead of skipping.
So right after I order the FP Calibration, I read "Will NOT work with Windows 10 in "S Mode". So what does S Mode do after the calibration? Nothing?

Rangering

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat, 2000 Ford HD, RZR, DRZSM
So right after I order the FP Calibration, I read "Will NOT work with Windows 10 in "S Mode". So what does S Mode do after the calibration? Nothing?
Hi Rangering, I pinged a Ford Tech and this just means you can't be in S mode when trying to program. :like:

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
Windows S mode is a streamlined version of Windows and only allows you to run programs from the Microsoft store. It has nothing to do with S mode in your truck.

ControlNode

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
84 Civic "2000S"/16 Focus RS/21 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Computers
How did you get the OBD2 app to display on the Sync3?
  • OBD2 to BT adapter
  • Android Phone: I was on my Pixel 3 XL, but may have used the older Pixel XL even.
  • Torque Pro App
  • OBD2AA App Looking now it appears the recent versions of AA has blocked OBD2AA, so I may end up using an older Android phone with old version of AA that still works with OBD2AA instead of my normal phone if I want to get it going again.

Zvedza

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger Tremor, '04 SVT Lightning, '16 ZX-10R
Im getting nearly my mpg back i lost from putting on the 33's. Can definitely feel that small bump in torque through the whole range and feels really responsive in Drive, i honestly dont feel the need to go into S anymore.
Gonna go through a few more tanks of gas first before i post down #s, but always happy to get better power and mpg lol
So my overall mpg has bumped up by about 1mpg, which makes me feel a little bit better when putting in $5/gal gas (not really).
19.5->20.5 overall, my commute has like 7 miles of freeway, rural highways and stop n go traffic. Prob can get 22-23 cruising solely on the freeway. Also my hand calc'd #s are getting closer to the computer, 20 vs 20.5. Used to be a full mpg+ off. Filled 15.15 gallons up.

Overall pretty happy with the tune, i dont floor it often, but i def feel when i do open it up or just pass someone. And seems the extra bit of torque helps move the bigger tires better.
1647345068688.png
1647345080097.png

Jason B

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XL STX SE 4x2
Occupation
machinist
So my overall mpg has bumped up by about 1mpg, which makes me feel a little bit better when putting in $5/gal gas (not really).
19.5->20.5 overall, my commute has like 7 miles of freeway, rural highways and stop n go traffic. Prob can get 22-23 cruising solely on the freeway. Also my hand calc'd #s are getting closer to the computer, 20 vs 20.5. Used to be a full mpg+ off. Filled 15.15 gallons up.

Overall pretty happy with the tune, i dont floor it often, but i def feel when i do open it up or just pass someone. And seems the extra bit of torque helps move the bigger tires better.
1647345068688.png
1647345080097.png
Boy, gas prices are so ridiculous we have to calculate MPG to 7 decimal places!:crackup:
Just teasing. My indicated MPG is pretty close to my hand calculated MPG of about 24. Daily driving with about 1/2 on interstate.

Dig-It

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R, Focus RS, FiST, Explorer Sport
Anyone know when the FP tune might be available for MY22?

fusseli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4 White Platinum Tri-Coat
Occupation
EE
Vehicle Showcase
I just connected a year and a half later hoping for an update, and KB3G-FPREA3-AAR.bin is still the latest tune version. Is this right, there haven't been any updates?

fusseli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4 White Platinum Tri-Coat
Occupation
EE
Vehicle Showcase
Did you connect to a computer? I’ve had mine a year and it was just updated.
Yeah just did. What was your software tune version?
Sponsored