[Updated] Ranger Ford Performance Power Pack Performance Tune Software (M-9603-REB) Released!

ben8jam

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
That was me for sure, 1st tank I got 14MPG!! But I was having fun! Now I am back to 19 or so, and feather the pedal more, only go WOT when a Taco gets to thinking he's fast :)
oh the poor tacos. The tune just makes the hurt, hurt worse :D

Rangering

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat, 2000 Ford HD, RZR, DRZSM
I want to make Tacos hurt more, but have a question. The FP tune says optimized for towing. Does that mean you are stuck hammering through all 10 gears all the time like the Livernois tow tune?

Reactions: Doc

Rockhound

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger 4x4 XLT
Occupation
Cabinet Installer
I’m only gettin
That was me for sure, 1st tank I got 14MPG!! But I was having fun! Now I am back to 19 or so, and feather the pedal more, only go WOT when a Taco gets to thinking he's fast :)
I’m only at 18mpg now. I’ll really have to exercise a little restraint with even more power. I think today’s gas prices will help.

JaysOnTheEDGE

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2021 Escape SEL AWD
I want to make Tacos hurt more, but have a question. The FP tune says optimized for towing. Does that mean you are stuck hammering through all 10 gears all the time like the Livernois tow tune?
No it will skip shift if the conditions warrant it, it still likes to go into 10th as quickly as possible though.

Rangering

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No it will skip shift if the conditions warrant it, it still likes to go into 10th as quickly as possible though.
Thank you! Looks like my tires are a smidge too tall and wide for this tune at 275/65r18. Guess I'm SOL, unless there is a little wiggle room there.

Zvedza

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger Tremor, '04 SVT Lightning, '16 ZX-10R
Im getting nearly my mpg back i lost from putting on the 33's. Can definitely feel that small bump in torque through the whole range and feels really responsive in Drive, i honestly dont feel the need to go into S anymore.
Gonna go through a few more tanks of gas first before i post down #s, but always happy to get better power and mpg lol

Rangering

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Im getting nearly my mpg back i lost from putting on the 33's. Can definitely feel that small bump in torque through the whole range and feels really responsive in Drive, i honestly dont feel the need to go into S anymore.
Gonna go through a few more tanks of gas first before i post down #s, but always happy to get better power and mpg lol
So it sounds like you are not having any issues exceeding the tire size limit.
"Tire size limits: this device can only adjust for up to 265/70R17 or 31.5"x10.5" tires."
You also answered another one of my questions if you all were also driving around in sport mode. ?

Zvedza

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger Tremor, '04 SVT Lightning, '16 ZX-10R
So it sounds like you are not having any issues exceeding the tire size limit.
"Tire size limits: this device can only adjust for up to 265/70R17 or 31.5"x10.5" tires."
You also answered another one of my questions if you all were also driving around in sport mode. ?
I do have a BCM error i assume from adjusting the tire size within the device, no warning lights on, but the code pops up in the device if i check for it.
Pretty sure i read its fine with bigger tire sizes, but it may be a warranty issue, but to what effect i have no clue.

Rangering

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I do have a BCM error i assume from adjusting the tire size within the device, no warning lights on, but the code pops up in the device if i check for it.
Pretty sure i read its fine with bigger tire sizes, but it may be a warranty issue, but to what effect i have no clue.
My thoughts exactly. Perfect opportunity for Ford to void the warranty. Maybe I will just chain my truck to a tree and do diff lock 4x4 burnouts until my tires are the correct size ?
Actually might make things easier, if I'm voiding the warranty. I won't have to have an ASE certified tech install it.
Also, with my experience with the Lexus dealership, they always find some reason not to honor the warranty anyway. Not sure if Ford dealership is the same.

Colo_Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
No. In 'D' it still skips second gear. When this tune was first released, it said 'not for towing'. This is just saying that the tune has been reworked so that it's safe to tow. In tow mode, it will grab second, instead of skipping.

Rangering

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No. In 'D' it still skips second gear. When this tune was first released, it said 'not for towing'. This is just saying that the tune has been reworked so that it's safe to tow. In tow mode, it will grab second, instead of skipping.
Right on! So it is integrated with the Tow button. Great reason to go with the FP tune over Livernois. My truck came with a Livernois, but was tuned back to stock before I bought it. Glad I didn't just slap it back in. I think I'll go with the FP tune. :)

peterson1604

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Body shop manager
Vehicle Showcase
Right on! So it is integrated with the Tow button. Great reason to go with the FP tune over Livernois. My truck came with a Livernois, but was tuned back to stock before I bought it. Glad I didn't just slap it back in. I think I'll go with the FP tune. :)
[/QUOT

Nothing wrong with the Livernoise tune, been running it in my truck for over a year and it's great. Realize that the Ford tune does come from Livernois and was programmed jointly by their team and Ford.

Rangering

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Are you running the tow tune? Any concerns the transmission will wear out twice as fast shifting twice as much?
Sponsored