First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 2WD
Occupation
Rehabilitation Facilities Manager
Has anyone done their own install with either of these kits ? They appeaer to be installed under the top plate? Same process as most of the other level kits like RC? Harder ? Easier? No install videos on youtube or instructions floating around. Not much talk about them here on ranger5g either. Just wanting some info if available before I dig in .
Sponsored

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone done their own install with either of these kits ? They appeaer to be installed under the top plate? Same process as most of the other level kits like RC? Harder ? Easier? No install videos on youtube or instructions floating around. Not much talk about them here on ranger5g either. Just wanting some info if available before I dig in .
If it’s placed under the top mount assembly, then, yes, it’s harder than spacers like RC because you have to compress the coil over spring to remove the top mount assembly. It’s an extra step that requires a spring compressor and the cherries to use it.

Blmpkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ranger
& if its installed under the top place, its going to really affect the ride of the truck, unlike the "traditional" strut spacer.

Stupid design.

Metalshift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT
& if its installed under the top place, its going to really affect the ride of the truck, unlike the "traditional" strut spacer.

Stupid design.
This is not true. I have the BDS / Zone lift which vastly improves the Rangers overly soft ride qualities.
It is a 3/4 inch spring compressing collar and a 1/4 inch top hat spacer. This minimizes to much down travel (1/2 inch extra) and keeps the top of the compression travel closer to the factory range.

The Traxda spacers look like top hat spacers with top spring spacers. I am not a fan of top spring spacers as they tend to have deflection issues over time.

Blmpkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ranger
This is not true. I have the BDS / Zone lift which vastly improves the Rangers overly soft ride qualities.
It is a 3/4 inch spring compressing collar and a 1/4 inch top hat spacer. This minimizes to much down travel (1/2 inch extra) and keeps the top of the compression travel closer to the factory range.

The Traxda spacers look like top hat spacers with top spring spacers. I am not a fan of top spring spacers as they tend to have deflection issues over time.
Mmmmm.... it IS true.

Spring spacers add pre-load to reduce the amount of sag a suspension has. Reducing sag, especially from a factory amount, WILL reduce ride quality.. unless your driving on a road smooth enough to not require much.. or any.. suspension extention. Preload also doesnt stiffen anything up, not even with a progressive spring, as long as the shock has extention left in it.

Metalshift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT
Mmmmm.... it IS true.

Spring spacers add pre-load to reduce the amount of sag a suspension has. Reducing sag, especially from a factory amount, WILL reduce ride quality.. unless your driving on a road smooth enough to not require much.. or any.. suspension extention. Preload also doesnt stiffen anything up, not even with a progressive spring, as long as the shock has extention left in it.
Preload does stiffen the rangers front end up due to the change in control arm angles from the applied lift. This is where the law of the lever comes into play and at an approximate 2:1 ratio it is quite noticeable.

This isn't a dirt bike where one is trying to adjust for rider weight and maintain race sag. Now if you
added a bumper, winch, etc and adjusted the preload to return to factory height, then your ride quality would greatly diminish due to the much greater compressed spring rate to maintain that resting height.

The only basic change is the position in the stroke of the strut where the truck rests. The truck still weighs the same. The suspension gains some compression length and loses some droop.
Sponsored