Transmission Debacle and Greenway Ford

Squatchranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ranger lariat
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Guys after a long long time I am back,
I had the misfortune of having the valve body issue recently (under warranty thank god) and I decided to take the truck in to Greenway Ford in Orlando. Now I won't go into everything but Just a warning to you all, they are a massive dealership that only has 1 transmission tech, they don't participate in fctp hence no loaner vehicles (they have a Hertz on site so you're forced to go through them or not have a vehicle), and their service advisors and managers don't communicate, and when you do hear from them they are usually lying to you just to get you to leave them alone. They had my truck for over 1.5 months and it took them over 3 weeks to just get it to the transmission tech to diagnose it properly. Another thing is when I finally got my truck back after the aforementioned 1.5 months they didn't even bother to wash it, send it over to detail or even use seat protectors. I used to work at another Ford dealer and their service department was nothing to write home about but compared to Greenway they look like 5 star first class. So here is my advice and warning do not ever ever ever ever go to Greenway Ford in Orlando for anything. Also fwiw the transmission works great at least as of now, and the new programming for the adaptive learning has made a big difference.
PS I dropped the truck off with a full tank of gas and when I got it back they had used up a third of a tanks worth of gas, I fully realize and expect they'd do drive tests but a third of a tank? Is that a reasonable amount?
Sponsored

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
thats a shame and sadly what i have come to expect from ford dealers. I went a round or three with ford dealers on transmission issues myself. had the valve body thing done and flash / reprogram. didnt help anything. still have the problem.

OP
OP
Squatchranger

Squatchranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ranger lariat
Vehicle Showcase
thats a shame and sadly what i have come to expect from ford dealers. I went a round or three with ford dealers on transmission issues myself. had the valve body thing done and flash / reprogram. didnt help anything. still have the problem.
So from what I read in my paperwork they did the reflash/update, tested, then did the valve body flush, tested, replaced and then had to ultimately replace the CDF drum and several other components within it. The funny thing is they did the first 2 steps and then when my truck was up on the lift transmission dropped and the tech was getting ready to open up the transmission to check it out his day ended and he the one transmission tech in the dealer went on a week long vacation lol. Just my luck! But I would have them look at the CDF Drum too

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
thank you I might have to give it a try again. the down shifts coming to a stop are getting pretty rough. they feel like im hitting pot holes

OP
OP
Squatchranger

Squatchranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ranger lariat
Vehicle Showcase
thank you I might have to give it a try again. the down shifts coming to a stop are getting pretty rough. they feel like im hitting pot holes
Yep 100 percent, I also had to lock out 10 and had issues where it would get stuck in higher gears and eventually wouldnt go below 4. I got the check engine light and wrench and it said a shift solenoid was stuck and transmission clutch wasn't engaging properly. The paperwork said that there were cuts and grooves in some components and thermal damage when they opened up the CDF drum. So if they didn't escalate to looking at that that would explain why you are having the issue still. Are you at least still under warranty?

got3fords

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Sport
Is it just me? I am not seeing posts 2 and 4.

IdahoRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
RETIRED
Is it just me? I am not seeing posts 2 and 4.
I see them, maybe you are blocked by the member? Blocked isn't the right word but I'm having a brain fart. :crazy:

edit: "ignored" is the word

got3fords

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Sport
Lol, I'm ignored by the same person.

Edit: its 9zero.

Guessing you made a texas joke too at some point?
I don't think so. Not even sure I recognize that handle.